Don’t Be a Jerk
You’d think this was self-evident but you’d be surprised. Basically don’t be that guy/girl.
Example behaviour includes but is not exclusive to:
- Hate Speech - Racist, Homophobic or Sexist slurs.
- Commenting on people’s appearance.
- Threats - Threatening another person with physical or sexual violence.
- Swearing, NSFW content, Illegal activities – We do have families who wish to enjoy or share Gems of War with their children. Let’s keep it clean.
- Trolling or Combative Behaviour – This also covers responding to such attacks in a similar manner.
- Sharing the personal information of others.
- Posting PMs – PMs are meant to stay private. This also include Support responses from the Support team.
- Purposefully derailing threads.
- Impersonating a Dev or Spreading False Information.
- Unnecessary Flagging of Forum Posts or Threads.
- Spoilers without warnings – Spoilers are okay as long a people know that the spoilers are there. (Remember not everyone wants to know.)
- Upsetting and/or provoking other forum members.
The PG-13 Line
Sometimes there are things that are said which don’t clearly violate out pre-existing guidelines. However, there are instances where while something may not technically break a rule, it is still harmful, inappropriate or best not mentioned in polite company.
This is where the PG-13 line comes in. We want you to have fun and be able to express yourself, but if we feel that something significantly crosses this line, you may be banned. A good way to frame this is by thinking about the following:
- Am I posting this for shock value? If so, probably best not to post it.
- Am I trying to goad someone into an argument? If so, maybe don’t.
- Am I comfortable with my children reading this? If not, don’t post the thing. (And if it’s very inappropriate and you would, maybe re-evaluate some of your choices. :P)
Be patient with new players
We were all new once, and not everyone has the time to go through hundreds of threads to find an answer to a specific question. We want to provide a warm, welcoming community for the lovely new players joining us.
No Rage Quitting the Game Threads
Unfortunately, these threads do nothing to further the conversation or discussion found in these forums. If you have feedback, there are feedback threads waiting for you input. We welcome all feedback, whether positive or negative, as long as you remain civil.
If you are leaving the game and wish to say goodbye, thank your guildies and farewell your friends, you are welcome to do so. Thank you for playing our game and being a part of our community! We will miss you, but also wish you the best of luck in the future.
No Selling Accounts/Guilds
Like pretty much every online game, we don’t support the private sale of accounts between players. So, in the spirit of that, any advertising of accounts for sale will be removed.
Protip: Don’t hack the game!
Our game employs many anti-cheating tools, so players can be auto-banned by our system. However, we also investigate players, and ban them if we find them cheating. If you feel that you have been fallaciously banned, please contact our support so we can investigate your account. Please remember that any decisions made after being contacted are final.
General Twitch Rules
Our Community Guidelines also refer to our Twitch channel.
Please do not post any codes released on stream in global chat or on the forums, as they are intended for our stream viewers. If you are found to be doing this you will be warned, and if you continue to do so are likely to incur a ban.
What are the consequences of breaking a rule?
Please be aware that the following bans and potential consequences are a rough guide. Bans are issued at our discretion, and as such, if a player exhibits behaviour that is seen as sufficiently severe, they will incur a ban that reflects this. This means that more extreme behaviour will result in a longer ban even if it is a player’s first offense. (Yes, this can include a permanent ban.)
Not everything is black and white, but we will always endeavour to be as impartial and fair as possible when banning players. Please take the time that you are banned to reflect on your behaviour. If you feel that you have been unfairly banned, or banned for a period of time that does not accurately reflect your infraction, please contact a member of staff to discuss this further. Please be aware that our decision is final, and we may or may not change our decision.
Remember! It’s easy not to be banned - just be respectful in your dealings with others.
TLDR; don’t be a douche.