[Fixed in 1.4.5] Will the update tomorrow address the ongoing sound issues on iOS

Basically what the title says. There’s a known issue https://puzzlequest3.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4770301007503-Various-Sound-Issues but there’s been no further updates about it.
On iOS I used to be able to listen to other audio sources while playing the game but now the game has no sound and blocks any other audio sources.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it makes no difference.

The answer is no.
The update hasn’t addressed this. It’s not even the same issue that is linked to but that’s where I was directed when I left a bad review on the Apple app store.

It would be nice to get acknowledgement of the issue.

This is still an issue. I would like to be able to listen to other audio sources while playing this game like I could before the 1.1 update came out.

1 Like

Hey @Intelligent

Outside of being unable to listen to music or other audio while Puzzle Quest is running, have you experienced any of the other sound issues since the latest update released?

Hey @Jeto ,
I normally play with the game volume down but I just played with sound for a bit and there were no other sound issues, so it does seem that those issues have been fixed.

1 Like

@Jeto I’ll add that I had removed and reinstalled the game back when that was originally suggested.

The problem is not resolved. The problem that I’m reporting is that I can’t listen to another audio source while playing the game. This worked fine up until update 1.1.

I was just confirming the other issues you had experienced were resolved.

I have passed on that you are still experiencing the issue where you cannot listen to another media at the same time as playing, with the team.

Okay. Thanks.
I just saw that the post title had changed to [Resolved?]

I thought I’d point out that I’m still having the issue on iOS where the game client steals audio focus from music apps like Spotify, podcasts etc.
Do you know if the developers intend to fix this?

Hey @Intelligent

I’ll follow this up with the team!

1 Like

I don’t suppose you’ve had an answer?

2 Likes

Hey!

The fix for this is currently releasing with 1.4.5!

Jeto (she/they) - Support Human :woman_mage:t2:

Awesome. Thanks for getting back to me.

I just want to confirm that this bug is definitely fixed.
Thanks very much.

3 Likes

omg! thank you for finally fixing this!!! I have been so frustrated that I could not listen to podcasts or audio books while I was playing because the game always stole the audio focus on IOS.

Thank you Intelligent for keeping up with this issue!

2 Likes

Hey @jeto, this bug has started happening again today after updating to iOS 16.2

It’s only happening on iPhone and not iPad.

This has stopped happening so I don’t know what’s going on.