New game Mode - Action Points

The launch of this patch will effectively be the launch of a new game. I would expect several balance passes (6 mos?) before the gear is mostly in line with the game mechanics. Hopefully attributes get looked at early. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Thank you. I sort of gathered that was the case. My confusion was in regards to the lack of anything informative in the statements. Simply saying enemies have been adjusted up and also down, doesn’t actually tell us anything about what to expect. lol

At the end of the day, we will find out! :joy:

From the Patch Notes thread:

Spot on. We’re confident that the balance is broadly right, but there’s a lot of items, spells, attributes etc so we’re definitely expecting there will be some tweaks needed.

1 Like

Will there be a refund option for gear to return all resources so we can rebuild our heroes gear loadouts to fit with the new update gameplay?

The salvage option is NOT an option, given the resources required to get gear to legendary, Mythic and beyond VS the terrible salvage return on gear (it’s clearly meant for junking unneeded items, not for swapping builds)

1 Like

Which items do you feel have been significantly impacted by the update such that you need them reset? I can see where certain attributes are less useful. Are you referring to things like Royal rings, etc?

Haven’t checked individual gear pieces yet, so right now I’m looking at overall build and set bonuses

Specifically I have focused on Warlord III and Royal II

Under the updated gameplay, it appears to me that these have been negatively impacted

Example - bonus gems can provide benefits to enemy and less chance to get the benefits for matching larger gems

Example - Warlord III legendary gives +30 critical chance, but in an updated game structure of bigger boards, so more multi-matches and competing for skulls, there are other singular gear pieces, like guard gloves that can achieve better outcomes

I think it would be reasonable to provide a way for players to adjust gear given the gameplay experience has had a significant update

1 Like

apparently we all have to make starting board skull builds for pvp now

At least heroic effect is slightly easier to achieve on the larger board

But, with such a significant update, it would seem fair to offer the players a chance to do their own heroes gear/spells update

2 Likes