Today's Update Patch Notes

I read and am horrified by the realization of what the game is slipping into. Why don’t they publish a list of changes forever, it’s a mockery when players themselves are looking for changes. It’s good that the VIP is over, now you can only play f2p.

Thank you for your work, this is valuable information, I have no updates yet.

1 Like

The changes are so substantial and encompassing of virtually every piece and spell in current use; a change log should have been contemplated and provided. Pretty standard nowadays.

2 Likes

It’s pretty galling that you guys want people to spend money on this game but you can’t give us the courtesy of detailed changes to spells and gear that we’ve sunk time into upgrading

2 Likes

In response to gear score vs hero level. I’m pretty sure I started on version 0.37 and played at a slow to reasonable pace.
Once Upon a time I got badly stuck around hero level 35 after the 0.38 or 0.39 update. My gear score was way less than 1000 at this point. A few things contributed to this:
Firstly I was going after gold to buy stuff in the shop/upgrade followers so I was playing the PvP quick battle. This gives you gold and experience but no gear and no shards, thus pushing up your level but not your gear score.
Secondly I spent shards/resources upgrading gear before deciding/or receiving other gear that I would prefer in the same slot. You can sink a huge amount of shards in to changing your setup leaving you with a comparatively low gear score at level 30. I was trying to go my own way and not use information on the internet for an ‘optimal’ setup.
Thirdly because I wasn’t that strong and didn’t have an ‘optimal’ setup I couldn’t do higher level daily challenges and missed out on a lot of good stuff. I only recently worked out the stun/barrier method (which you have now nurfed)
It was recommended to me to start a new hero and play through the story again. I created 4 more, 1 of each class. This made a world of difference and I was able to progress by sharing equipment and finally having a better handle on the game and how things worked.

That last statement leads me to another comment. Why can’t you give us more gear space!!! Now I have 5 heroes. I would like a setup for each hero but with just 120 gear spots it’s just not possible. Despite buying follower crystals in the store for gems and exchanging marks for follower crystals too, also daily challenges when there is a follower crystal there (although with the barrier nurf they are probably out of my reach now). Not 1 of them has yet been a Northelm crystal! I’ve even done about 150 of the dungeon where the Norhelm crystals are meant to be but not 1 there either. I have bought/received 16 extra crystals (not from sidequests) but not one is for Northelm and I need 5 more to upgrade him so I get 140 gear space. I might be a bit extreme but I have actually stopped doing the story battles so that I don’t have my last 2 followers so that when I get a random crystal from the store/marks it has a better chance to be a Northelm crystal. 1/13 chance at the moment but it would be 1/15 chance if I had all the followers.

oops that post ended up being much longer than I planned :wink:

Just checked, update is still not live for me.

I suppose it’s a fair point that different people have different perspectives on this. My own subjective opinion, is that a great game (especially in terms of mobile games) is easy to learn but hard to master.

Grind is ok, as long as the gameplay part of the grind is fast paced, and both easy to complete and to understand. I don’t mean the entire game should be fast paced and easy. Just the grindy bits. A good example of what I mean would be farming trait stones in GoW.

Challenging gameplay is also ok. (Quite a bit more than just ok, actually!) Especially, mid to late game.

The problem is when grindy bits are also slow and overly challenging.

I don’t know what the solution is. So many moving parts. So I can imagine the struggle trying to get things just right. I think a good place to start would be for the team to talk about what they find fun in the game. What hooks you all, when you play? What makes you say, “omg I have to get this RL stuff done so I can play some PQ3!”? And I don’t mean that you all should tell US those answers. I just think that, internally, someone needs to start talking about fun.

Sadly this update did it for me. I am quitting. I am so frustrated with this game after the update. It’s no fun anymore and that’s why I was playing.

1 Like

I can’t even get the chance to quit! Still can’t update :laughing:

1 Like

@Sibelios … Thanks for cataloguing all of this!

I haven’t updated yet. Reasons. :eyes: But its good to know what I am looking at, so I can find a new game. Thank you!

@Tavodar , I’d argue it was never really fun. It was promising fun, and we could see that promise. Now? No. Not gonna happen.

2 Likes

Much of the gear has been nerfed so heavily that it barely has any indivisual flavour left. This is taking us unto a direction where the level of the gear is the deciding factor, rather than the gear choices. This is not a fun direction.

Yes, some nerfs were needed, but also some buffs and changes were needed. Instead of searching for ways to give sets more flavour or maybe hone the flavour, many of the set pieces were just nerfed into flavourless statsticks which may (or may not) have a slight change to the outcome of the battle.

3 Likes

Good afternoon, I wanted to ask you directly - what are you trying to achieve?
so far you are causing frustration and growing annoyance by doing this to the players.
Nerfs, nerfs, nerfs - that’s all I’ve seen in recent months, and no positive changes (the problem with hiking in the group goes from the very beginning of the game, as an example). But you make various offers for crowns, and it works and doesn’t break. The game should be fun.
I was very glad when the opportunity finally appeared to make purchases on my territory, waiting and downloading the game from other sources so that I could support you.
But, annoyance, that’s all you’re causing at the moment, no fun: one glyph in two months, is that ok? incomprehensible limitation of places in the backpack (you have been told about this for a long time and a lot); disrupted hikes with other players; practically useless kingdoms and kingdoms of high levels at the moment, and so on. I do not touch on your actions on the forum and interaction with players, this is generally a separate topic. The description of patches in games has not been news for a long time, but apparently not for you. And after your last words “change of balance and design”, when there were huge changes, I laughed, cool description, bravo.
Here, as an example, is a screenshot from a player who spent tickets after the upgrade, do you think this situation is normal? as the wall was, so it remained. If you think this is normal, then play this game yourself.

I understand that you don’t like the players of the earlier version, but why hold people for fools?
On the other hand, I would like to thank you, the game really hooked me, but with each change and your behavior, you start saving my time and money, I spend less on it every time, thank you.

3 Likes

Hey, just popping into quickly let the players who haven’t been able to get the update yet that we’ll have further details for you tomorrow. Thanks for your patience!

Hey Asmo, just a heads up: I haven’t updated to the new version yet. I spent all the tickets so I can claim the EXP at the original rate, not the new 25% of original rate from the new patch.

No rush! Seriously, pleasepleaseplease don’t rush. :joy: :eyes: :joy:

3 Likes

Hope it does not take 2 months like fixing the Unity engine bug :smiley:

For the future - after the game is launched you should think about making all players getting the update at the same time.

From my perspective - this update does not do anything anticipated by people already in end game. Well, maybe beside some nerfing stuff. However - I am not able to update so hard to say for sure.

twiddles thumbs

/20char

@Kafka can you address the fact that Scoring for the Seige Event and the Dungeon Event have apparently changed even though that is mentioned no where in the patch notes? At first I thought it was due to this issue being addressed:

However, assuming that it was fixed in this update (unsure), there appears to be a change in scoring as you can see here:

Previously, a person purchasing up to Cache 3 would be able to generate a score of 15,180 on 11 matches from token use with no health loss (on Day 1 of the event). However, for those that have updated, they are only able to achieve a score of 14,520 for the same result. Based on this same scoring principle, the Daily Seige event is affected as well. Previously, a no-cache purchase gave you a score of 2,490 (1,230 for the first token, 1,260 for the second token), whereas now for those that have updated the maximum achievable score is only 2,370, which is also 30 points short of the last chest reward which was previously attainable with 0 Caches purchased. Here is a table to describe what I think is happening:

If the scoring system was changed to put the top rewards out of the reach, this should have been disclosed in the patch notes. Additionally, anyone who has updated is being unfairly cheated of rewards both in the Seige event and the Dungeon Event relative to those that have not updated.

Looking forward to your feedback.

7 Likes

@Sibelios thanks for raising this, I’m going to talk with the team about it now

EDIT: I’ve spoken with the team. So the enemy levels were dropped in the Dungeons slightly and the score is directly tied to the enemy, so as a side effect the max possible score was reduced.

So when’s the ETA on the patch?