0.35.1 Bug Fix Update (Patch notes)

Bug Fix Update 0.35.1 (Patch Notes)

Greetings, adventurers! In preparation for 0.36 we are releasing some bug fixes. There aren’t any big new changes in this update, however, we’ve noticed some of the reports you’ve made and addressed a few issues. Thank you for your hard work ferreting out bugs and letting us know about them!

What’s different?

Thanks to your ongoing bug reports and feedback we have addressed a number of things in the game where:

• Mana was not filling spells when matching mana gems if starting mana for a spell was at 1. This is now fixed.

• Menu layout issues (and cut off graphics) on wide screen devices are fixed.

• The issue where Bounty Goals to ‘level accessories’ were not completing after accessories were leveled has been fixed.

• White squares will no longer show over spell slots when the spell image doesn’t load.

• The Dungeon of Wealth Altar was not giving the correct Gold as displayed. Gold now matches the Gold displayed.

• Fixed a bug affecting Party or “Co-op” battles where there was a small chance a server error would appear if an altar was selected at the same time by two players after a battle. This server error will no longer affect two players selecting the same altar.

• Player deaths no longer count towards Bounty Goals for killing Enemies.

• Sound effects now occur for the new Victory, Defeat and Chapter complete animations. There is also a new sound for when Gems fall in.

Known issues

• The player profile preview pop-up may not update with another player’s information.

• Some single-player battles may still have server crashes when selecting Altars.

• Starting Mana in battle may not accurately reflect what your character stats suggest, due to a Starting Mana % rounding issue. We have fixed this issue in the next Game Update; Version 0.36.

Where is the game going next?

Our next Update 0.36 is already in development and features a number of big changes - including:

• Open Chests even if your Vault(s) are full

• A rework of Dungeons & Skirmishes

• New Shop packs

• A shiny, completely new feature…

And one last thing…

Puzzle Quest 3 is beginning a small technical test on iOS devices in select areas. There will be a very limited number of players able to access the technical test at this time, as we want to ensure it is working optimally before further release. When we are happy with Puzzle Quest 3’s performance on iOS we will provide further information on how to access it.

Happy matching, questers!

But what if I am really my own worst enemy! :thinking:

2 Likes

I confirm that this is working. The altar gold bonus also appears to have any existing gold modifiers applied to it as well.

Example: For Difficulty X dungeon, base gold is 500. My current gold bonus with Guard’s Belt bonus is 66.2%. My total gold (no gold altars) for Difficulty X dungeon is 831 (500 x 1.662). My total gold (1 gold altar) for Difficulty X dungeon is 1,230 ((500+240) x 1.662). My total gold (2 gold altars) for Difficulty X dungeon is 1,629 ((500+240+240) x 1.662).

Yay, can actually play the game and make progress when chest slots are full next patch.

Hopefully that diamond chest buff is coming soon as it will be a lot more manageable to perpetually run diamonds, whereas now and until then it takes around 2-4 hours a day to maintain diamonds.

1 Like

Is the new Victory sound effect supposed to play a second time whenever a chest is opened?

1 Like

Here’s to hoping that some of the new shop packs are incentivized as a VIP status perk (similar to the VIP Daily Deal Slot in GoW). The 2 extra VIP shop slots just being two extra random rolls on across the entire shop table isn’t much of an incentive currently.

Experienced a weird infinite “new day in Etheria” loop on 0.35.1.

On the server reset and new day message, the game kept soft resetting (It’s a new day in Etheria!) when attempting to go to the Social tab. Force quitting and restarting the app resolved the issue.

I also had this - on mobile
(Same issue, same fix)

I apologise team, this was miswritten. I have updated it to reflect what we are planning more accurately.

@Lyrian @Mythos have you encountered this new day issue since?

Today’s server reset was the first server reset I’ve been through since downloading 0.35.1. I’ll have to get back to you on that after tomorrow’s daily reset.

I open Chests all the time when my Vault is full. Can you elaborate further? Do you mean by some other means than is already available (i.e. key, gems)? Or do you mean that you will be given the option to open stored chests using one of the available means (i.e. key, gems) when you receive another chest (from Dungeon, Skirmish, Quest, etc.) that you would prefer to store.

1st time since update, so won’t know until tomorrow

I can’t seem to parse what this means, could you elaborate?

I had this exact issue twice during 0.35, so it’s not exclusive to this latest patch.

Touching base on this topic again, the issue appeared once the following day at reset and then self-resolved and has not appeared during any daily reset since then all week. It think it is safe at this point from my perspective to say the issue appears to have been resolved during the week.

The issue is significantly better than before, but not 100% fixed.

The white “failed to load” bars can still appear for the two Ultimate charge slots. But as far as I have been able to personally stress test this, I cannot make the white bars/blocks appear anywhere else unlike before the update in the 4 other spell slots (suggesting that the issue is fixed there).

And just when you think it was safe to get back in the water, I got hit with the “new day in Etheria” spam bug hard today. Completely jinxed myself by posting the all-clear sign, lol.