[REPORTED] Extra Gold Coin Dungeon Altar not giving correct amount of additional gold

What were you expecting to happen, and what actually happened
I principally run Dungeons at Difficulty X. Any time the altar choice is for bonus gold I accept it. At Diffculty X the amount of bonus gold indicated is 120.

If both altars are gold offers then I would expect to get a boost of 240 gold over what I would typically receive if no gold bonus offers were made or accepted. However I tracked this over approximately 20 runs and the bonus amount was consistently +42 gold per altar accepted.

Details: My current Gold bonus is 21.1%. When running Dungeon Difficulty X and no gold offers occur during either altar selection, my gold total for the dungeon was 706.

I tried to determine what the “base” gold was for the dungeon but was unable to reconcile the amount to a reasonable base; however I can say that consistently I got 706 gold if no gold altars were chosen. (If you die, there appears to be a gold deduction for a successful run; in this case in my data collection, all runs were successful runs with no deaths).

If 1 gold altar was selected my gold total for the run would be 748.

If 2 gold altars were selected, my gold total for the run would be 790.

Again, these numbers were consistent across approximately 20 Difficulty X runs.

I also tested this for half a dozen runs at Dungeon Difficulty VIII. My base gold for a successful no death run was 649, my gold total for 1 altar accepted was 689, my gold total for 2 altar accepted was 729. The altar indicated that the bonus gold for this level of difficulty was 110 gold.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Always; not sure

Steps to make it happen again
Occurred consistently with each Dungeon run made at the specified difficulty.

P.S. There is an unnecessary article “a” in the text on the gold award screen. It should read “Almost every action in the game requires some gold to complete”

4 Likes

Hey team, is anyone else experiencing this issue and seeing the gold calculations not behaving correctly?

Yes, the gold bonus for altar does not add up properly.
I never get extra 120 or 240 gold even when I choose those altars.
I believe Sibelios explanation and data are already very detailed and accurate.
Hopefully the devs can check & fix it.

Current Gold Bonus is 21.6%. When running a Level 100 Dungeon, my current gold results are 708, 750, and 792. This is compared to 706, 748, and 792 at 21.2%. The gold altars @100 are still giving only 42 extra gold per altar selected.

This was passed onto the team. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Salty, @Cyrup This one is still not fixed in 0.35.

In my case:

With coin bonus of: 1.4% from citadel + 13% from gear perks + 30% from Guard’s belt + 9.5% from achievement bonus + 2.5% from Merchant follower = 56.4%:

Normal dungeon X coin reward: 782 coins.
Dungeon X coin reward with 1 coin altar: 879 coins.
Dungeon X coin reward with 2 coin altars: 976 coins
So basically 1 altar consistently gives 97 coins, NOT 240 coins.

With coin bonus of: 26.4% (I remove guard’s belt):

Normal dungeon X coin reward: 632 coins.
Dungeon X coin reward with 1 coin altar: 710 coins.
Dungeon X coin reward with 2 coin altars: 788 coins
So basically 1 altar consistently gives 78 coins, NOT 240 coins.

Hopefully it can be fixed soon.

2 Likes

I can confirm this. 3 consecutive runs on the same dungeon, same loadout.

Run 1: 2 Altars worth 240 gold each = 832
Run 2: 1 Altar worth 240 gold each = 749
Run 3: 0 Altars worth 240 gold each = 666

This is consistent within at 83 gold per altar which I am sure like Lelouch mentioned is affected by a coin bonus which I have at 20%. This puts my base value at a different value so without the belt:

Run 2: 1 Altar worth 240 gold each = 636
Run 3: 0 Altars worth 240 gold each = 566

Which puts my base altar value at 70 which is likely due to none of my equipment having a “rich” attribute which I expect his has.

I am only posting this largely duplication because you often ask whether anyone else in the community sees it and with so far no Relics dropping from the dungeon chests they have become largely only useful for gold as duplicate gear and spells are no longer required. I really strongly suggest adding at least one low rarity relic (i.e. to evolve uncommon to rare) to each chest with a chance at higher rarity relics. Otherwise grinding is only for gold and the utility of that will cease once followers and gear are leveled up to the point where they cannot be evolved anymore.

2 Likes

Yay, I dont have to do all the math again to prove this is still not fixed. Thanks @Lelouch and @Elric :grinning:

2 Likes

I can also confirm this is happening to me. Completed a dungeon where I selected 2 alters for extra gold (120 each) and I only received around 290 gold for completion.

1 Like

Hey everyone, our team is working on a fix for this with the next update.

1 Like

Thank you @Salty.

While the devs are at it.
Is it possible to take a look at the current use of coins in game too?
Hopefully you have some metrics/data for that.
At first I thought after 0.35, coins will be more useful.
Apparently that’s not the case.
After updating, I used lots of coins to upgrade & evolve my followers since now you make it easier to do so - really thankful for this :smiley: .
After that I was so happy to see that now the daily deals refresh at the shop was only 20 gems.
So I thought coins will be more useful since we can use them for daily deals more often.
It turns out that’s not the case.
I’m still quite fine with the “progressive”/incremental cost to refresh the daily deals - 20 gems, 40 gems, 60 gems, and so on since it may be implemented to entice casual players to spend gems while at the same time put a more fair situation between F2P and those who are willing to put their cash in the game.
But now usually there are only 2-3 deals in the daily deals where the players can use their coins.
Previously Daily Deals in the shop is one of the main coin sink in this game.
Now since you offer more deals in gems and crowns, coins become more useless now.
Hopefully the devs can take a look at this issue and revamp the daily deals again or think of another coin sink in the game.

1 Like