A Message from the Devs on 1.3 Feedback

First of all, I’m very glad you are listening to our feedback and for the quick response to it. And I’m happy some things will be fixed so soon. However, it seem like you are still missing the point of it. All of our feedback is saying: this is not a step in the right direction at all. I know it’s very hard to admit when something has completely failed after so much time and effort was put into it. And you guys were at least able to take the first step in admitting part of it was bad. But nothing is going to be able to improve unless you can look at it honestly enough to admit it was a total misstep, not just part of one.

Look at it this way: Final Fantasy XIV is one of the best MMOs of the time, but the devs had to admit it was in a terrible state and completely revamp it from the ground up to get there. Without that first step of honestly admitting almost everything about it was bad, it would have never become great. So please take the next step too and admit it was a misstep and not what the community wanted, rather than just a partial error.

(Also, I’ll have my own constructive feedback post with ways to fix the issues coming soon, so hopefully that will help!)

Edit: Feedback post is up now!

9 Likes