[INVESTIGATING] Freeze up since 0.38

Hello @Cookie

Thank you again for sharing this information!

I passed it on to the development/programming team to get some further insight as to why you are experiencing this, as you had gone above and beyond my troubleshooting hahaha

It appears this is occurring due to these two devices don’t meet some of the requirements to be able to run PQ3 - especially the Alcatel TCL.
While they both have 2gb of RAM, the Moto E5 has an older CPU (Snapdragon 425). As the Moto is slightly a newer phone compared to the Alcatel, I imagine the Alcatel either has a similar or even older CPU.

While PQ3 should be able to run on almost any phone with Android 6.0 and higher, as well as 2GB of RAM, it appears some older phones or lower end models do have some issues.

I’m sorry wasn’t something I’m was able to fix for you :sweat:

1 Like

Well you did what you can and passed it on. Yeah they both have android 8. But I thank you for passing it on. If anything else is need that I can provide let me know.

It will be solved or maybe they can add more quality settings or so forth. Because I would assume thy would want a wider audience and not a narrower one. Even people that are using bluestacks the new patch is running it hard,

arkanis

11-10-21 16 freezes that need force close game to get back to battle or screens I was at. No pattern to when or how often it freezes.

11-11-21 11:30am est to 2:40 pm 8 freezes that need force close game to get back to battle or screens I was at. No pattern to when or how often it freezes.

@Cookie is this happening on a different device or the ones you had mentioned previously?

If it is the same 2 devices then, unfortunately this will continue because they don’t meet the requirements to be able to run PQ3.

Same 2 devices. Could they update somewhat the spec on the google play page and throw the spec needed to run it for mobile. Way back in the day all it said was android version 8. It currently says nothing of specs.

Is this from development / programming team that my 2 devices don’t meet the specs?

Yes, I raised this with them directly after you were experiencing this issue on going and had already completed the troubleshooting we have.
They were surprised that the Alcatel was able to launch PQ3 at all unfortunately.

We are constantly working on optimising our games to include lower end devices so everyone can play and have it run smoothly, and will continue to do so. But unfortunately it does get to a point where we can’t support older devices & operating systems.

Because we are actively working on optimisation during the early access phase of development, I would not be able to tell you where the cut off is going to be.

I have passed this to team to look at updating and sharing further information on Google Play as well.

Jeto - Support Human :woman_mage:t2:

TD:LR
Have a decent phone and specs for running the game forth coming. Beyond android version 8 was originally what was in store. Wait for steam release if you can’t run the game well or at all on your cellphone (no need to read the rest of the thread)

1 Like

I think if they ditched a lot of the animations it would run on an etch a sketch. I’m not against animations. But we are not walking through a forest and picking things up. It’s basically just cinema. The game itself is match gems, get stuff, do it again. We aren’t landing any spacecraft here. :eyes:

But… the unity upgrade is probably the boogeyman here. :expressionless:

1 Like

Landing Spacecraft

1 Like