0.35 Server Push (Small Fixes and Changes)

@Sibelios you know what, your wish is my command.

Here is a list of the chapters (that the side quests are attached too) that you will receive the Crystal rewards from.

• Eveline
    • Chapter 1
    • Chapter 5
    • Chapter 8
  • Toragon
    • Chapter 2
    • Chapter 5
    • Chapter 8
  • Northelm
    • Chapter 3
    • Chapter 7
    • Chapter 12
  • Brie
    • Chapter 4
    • Chapter 7
    • Chapter 11
  • Adharkus
    • Chapter 5
    • Chapter 9
    • Chapter 15
  • Auri
    • Chapter 10
    • Chapter 13
    • Chapter 15
  • Gong
    • Chapter 7
    • Chapter 9
    • Chapter 11
  • Gemka
    • Chapter 9
    • Chapter 11
    • Chapter 14
  • Xione
    • Chapter 9
    • Chapter 11
    • Chapter 13
  • Soulchaser
    • Chapter 10
    • Chapter 12
    • Chapter 15
  • Mutiny
    • Chapter 11
    • Chapter 13
    • Chapter 15
  • Grungli
    • Chapter 12
    • Chapter 14
    • Chapter 15
  • Jocea
    • Chapter 13
    • Chapter 14
    • Chapter 15
  • Elyra
    • Chapter 14
    • Chapter 15
  • Darkhunter
    • Chapter 15
10 Likes

@Salty Salty thank you for responding.
Honestly I just feel so tired and helpless after reading this post.
I didn’t expect any change to side quests so soon again.
Somehow anything that I do whether it’s saving my shards, not doing all side quests immediately, it just bring me to more and more disadvantages compared to other players.
It seems that I just continue to make more and more bad decisions.

For the crystal from side quests, I hope you can reconsider this decision.
Please reconsider to give the crystals back for side quests - maybe give us some notice in advance before making such drastic changes so soon.
So that the players have the opportunity to complete them before a certain deadline maybe.

Moreover I expect the new way to obtain crystals will not be as easy as completing side quests.
So basically players who have not completed side quests now will be at lots of disadvantages even after 0.3.6 is released.

2 Likes

Nice, thank you @Salty . Awesome even!

But you have to see that this imbalance between top players now due to decisions made on features that were rolled out (too) fast is something that possibly should be left alone so as not to overbalance against new players who have none of what we had. Or didn’t have. Or may have had.

It is hard to see the forest for the trees right now.

I think we should just wait for the next feature that has been the go to for any discussion of late. So far the changes are potentially good just hard to form an opinion on missing such a large part - the new feature.

In and of themselves the relic and crystal system as is is problematic, true. But that is maybe only half the picture, or 3/4th or 1/5th of the picture.

I for one didn’t level my gear before the last update and had many duplicate and triplicate gear to evolve. Then all I could do is salvage and I am still stuck at rare while some players leveled their gear and had it automatically evolve. But that’s life. I missed out on gems mapping the side quests. I don’t get the right amount of crystals. I evolved six green bone rings to rare an hour before they were changed from over to underpowered. C’est la vie.

2 Likes

I don’t see this as a bad thing at all. Seriously.

We can’t say for certain at this point in time, but this mode has potential to be what the developers originally planned for post-game content. What if it’s a raid boss mode, or an endless tower mode?

Any players who are concerned about glyphs and crystals would be powerful enough to play this mode, and players who aren’t powerful enough shouldn’t be worried about them and should focus on Dungeons instead, where they will get an assisting trickle of these items as an added bonus.

One thing I still don’t understand. Why even remove gems from side quests in the first place if just going to add them back a week later?

Also, why reimburse people who had flux with relics, yet replace those same locations people got those flux from with things that aren’t relics?

We added them back in after seeing player feedback regarding their removal. As said in my first post, we couldn’t bring them all back, so we did what we could.

As I have said before the primary source of Relics has not been introduced yet. It will hopefully be in our next Update, which will increase the availability of this resource. Unfortunately I cannot say anything else about this feature at this current time, or I would.

That isn’t the issue though.

Someone who got 2 rare flux 1-3 weeks ago from the VIP system were given 2 relics. That same reward now under the same conditions is 1 random crystal. Why isn’t then the reimbursement for 2 rare flux a single random crystal, or the inverse of the day 50 vip reward being 2 lesser relics?

Thanks @Salty. I’ve updated my chart which can be found here:

1 Like

Cant wait and thank you for the update for what it’s worth!

Slow steady progress hopefully we don’t have to wait too long for .36

Also hope the is another way to earn gems introduced. Even a slow drip just to maintain bounties and participate in the shop.

I really hope they do not get pay walled like crowns

2 Likes

I’m in a really confusing mixed state. I completed side quests on my two primary heroes before 0.35. After 0.35 I was holding back on side quests on my next two heroes until “needed.”

I was hedging my bets, thinking if they put the gems back, it wouldn’t be retroactive as it was the first time. Looks like I was right on that. Then I reached a wall on gaard and started doing side quests again, but still a long way off on crystals for him.

Anyway, now I’m pretty confused and game play paralyzed. lol The minute I commit to a plan, all of the rules just get completely changed. I understand this is early access and changes will be plentiful. But these wild swings, in completely opposite directions, are giving me whiplash

4 Likes

I am still holding a bunch of spare copies for the “Oh, extra copies will do something again” patch.

They did it for Gems of War when they said extra copies would never be needed, after launch as well. Wouldn’t be surprised a feature gets added for it, particularly with spells due to their unique uselessness of having multiple copies after the 0.35 changes, an issue that doesn’t effect gear nor pets.

2 Likes

haha I’m holding extra copies of certain spells, myself. I know that if I delete them, the next patch will be something like:

“Players will now need at least 2 copies of a spell, to use said spell. And all spells have been removed from chests. A new game mode, which will only be playable if you already have spells, will be the primary source of obtaining spells… some day.”

I’m pretty much hoarding everything now.

1 Like

Even though I’m not one of those people, I think that those that completed the sidequests between .35 and the fix should get the gems they would have gotten.

I am in the other camp that held off on the quests and will not be getting the crystals. This sucks too, but there will be a new mode for crystals. Meanwhile those gems are just gone for the other people.

While I’m not super impressed with the implementation of some of the recent changes, I do want to say that there have been some excellent changes (pvp for instance). And as a player, I appreciate what appear to be genuine attempts to fix things that have been pain points.

The more I’ve thought about it, I think i’m happy getting the extra crystals over the 1,500+ gems that I lost

1 Like