1.3 Hotfix Patch Notes

RIP

it was good while it lasted! :smile:

1 Like

Good to hear! Despite everything, I’m still excited for the extra inventory space.

Are you also able to provide any info about when we can expect an updated plan or timeline (even if it’s just an eta on when we can expect one, such as ‘we want to fix ___, ___ and ___ and plan to have a timeline for you by _____’)?

1 Like

The nice thing about the new UI is that I no longer need to buy Crowns since I can’t tell what’s going on with the gear, I don’t have to work so hard to level it up. Saving on gems too.

1 Like

Night Set had quite a run! Best well kept secret in the game!

1 Like

Please tell the team that the new UI for gear is flat out terrible. This does not mean we think the team itself is terrible. They took a big swing and it has missed… HARD! I applaud the swing. But to stubbornly refuse to acknowledge the big big miss? No applause. The other UI changes? Mostly good. Just need to get those loadout hotswaps everywhere. But gear screen? Take the paddling and move on. Heh.

3 Likes

I don’t see anything about upgrading gear/spells/minions NOT defaulting to maximum possible level. This needs to be resolved now, not in 8 weeks time or so when 1.4 drops. I’ve already accidentally upgraded 1 item to max. I don’t want to do it again!

6 Likes

I would like to see the following options:
upgrade to lvl5, lvl15, lvl25, lvl35.
The upgrade to max available can be the last option.

1 Like

Leave the upgrading and gear management as it was in 1.2. This was fine.
Principally there should be no unintentional upgrade possible. If you like to support by upgrading proposals this should be selectable.
In most cases I don’t upgrade to a maximum but distribute my shards on several gear/spell/minion or enhance a little before salvaging.

2 Likes

This needs to be addressed. We almost never want to fully upgrade gear due to the trickle of currencies. Ive seen two guild members who accidentally fully upgraded gear to legendary over the past few days.

The little green upgrade “pings” on the tiny gear icons are unhelpful and risky.

6 Likes

Add me to the list of people who have unnecessarily wasted shards on a Level 35 upgrade when trying to only upgrade to Level 8. Thanks Steve!

2 Likes

Me too!!! Disgusting!! Please fix this (among the LOTS of things to fix…)

2 Likes

Any update on the impending Gearageddon and the new inventory limits?

2 Likes

What happened to an increase in inventory space?

2 Likes

I’ll keep posting about this multiple places because it seems like you can never tell if any of the devs or customer support read any of our posts.

1. The players provided detailed feedback on all the ways the devs made the game basically a miserable experience instead of a game players can’t wait to spend lots of time playing and instead of truly acknowledging this or making a sincere effort to improve the game, the devs come back with a message that this new nightmare was a step in the right direction? Sigh. We players tried.

2. New update caused a huge issue with mass salvaging gear, so the devs suspend the gear vault overflow message so that the didn’t become literally unplayable. But they announced that at reset today, they would turn that message back on because they’ve fixed the issue AND they’re going to finally give us more gear space (not enough by any means, but more). Sigh, again. We players tried again.

3. An hour before reset, now salvaging gear isn’t possible at all and the game completely freezes and has to be manually forced close. But we just hope this isn’t the promised new hotfix because the gear vault overflow message still isn’t appearing. So we hope everything will be working correctly after daily reset. Sigh. Once again the players are trying and hoping, seemingly to no avail.

4. Daily reset hits and the game is literally and physically unplayable. Because the gear vault overflow message IS turned back on AND you still can’t salvage even once piece of gear. So you can’t play the game. At all. And the pomised extra gear space means absolutely nothing because THERE IS NO EXTRA GEAR SPACE AND YOU CAN’T EVEN PLAY THE GAME. You can’t play in any mode because you can’t get your gear down to the limit. And you can’t salvage your gear. And the game just keeps freezing over and over and over again. All. Of. The. Sighs.

What are the devs even doing?

It is starting to feel like they are deliberately trying to tank this game.

And that makes me incredibly sad as I’ve been playing Puzzle Quest games for over 15 years now on a variety of formats and I’ve been playing PQ3 for almost a year and a half.

And I’m a fan who has paid out money to support this game.

And I just want to delete it from all my devices and walk away because I’m so frustrated right now.
You guys must be bleeding players and yet you don’t seem capable of righting this sinking ship and I’m just so very sad. And frustrated. And angry. And disappointed.

And I know that I’m not the only one.
C’mon guys. You’ve got to do better.

8 Likes

Hey!

Just cross posting

Nice post, encapsulates my feelings on the gamestate right now.

If it is not incompetence from the people running the studio, then definitely this hits hard

1 Like

Just upgraded an item of gear to maximum accidentally for the 2nd time. In all honesty I was probably going to do it to max anyway but the fact I just did it again accidentally leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

1 Like

Yeah, as someone who has accidently done this (before this change which makes it even more likely to happen) it’s just unbelievable deflating
When I did it I was almost in shock - so many resources just gone in an instant
So much time, effort, resources, possibly $, goes into gather the required resources
Evolving a piece of gear should be a moment, not a mis-click
It is such a significant milestone game event for most players, it needs it’s own special effect (like level up) - not a way to optimize it or mis-click it

2 Likes

I just made an accidental max upgrade to a minion while trying to add only 1 level. If you want to default to show the maximum upgrade a player can do on gear/minions, there needs to be a second confirmation screen.

It is overwhelming discouraging to the player that lost all their months’ worth of relics/glyphs/shard in one accidental click. Let’s look at this scenario, what if I was checking things out on the upgrade screen and my phone falls on my lap and then something hits the upgrade button? What if that upgrade used T4 relics and glyphs that were purchased in the weekly shop? Do I submit a ticket and hope for a refund with arbitrary evidence?

It is a bit concerning for any player to optimize their gear and to make purchases. I think we need to look at how the player is using the new menus and what the player really needs from it.

10 Likes

This 100%. Well put. And for me, I have a cat who likes to walk on my devices. All it would take would for him to step in the wrong spot once.