Farmer sometimes gives 100s of free food upon upgrading

What were you expecting to happen, and what actually happened
There is currently two glitches when upgrading farmer.

1: Similar to Miner and Merchant, the timer is reset to an hour when ascending them, as well as when leveling merchant and miner.

2: There is a unique glitch that seems to only be present with the farmer where sometimes when it it leveled the timer for the food will shift to have hours of it already completed. This often gives 100s of free food every level.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Always since the start of early access.

Steps to make it happen again
1: Level farmer after a couple minutes of the timer running.
2: Free food.

I’ve experienced this with the miner, as well. Can’t isolate/reliably duplicate the issue though.

My best guess is that there is some sort of residual value in the collection timer that isn’t reset correctly upon leveling up the farmer/miner, or perhaps if the resource producer is leveled up too quickly after being collected from (ex: farmer is collected from and then immediately upgraded within the span of 2-3 seconds). Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn’t. I think I’ve also had this issue occur when the resource producer collected with full capacity and then immediately upgraded, suggesting some sort of variable overflow (or that the game is simply looking at the timer since last collection and only visually reporting max capacity; ex: max capacity is 5 hours, but the timer is really at something like 8 hours and 12 minutes).

I have also noticed that when the issue occurs, if the amount of “free” resources granted to the player is less than one hour’s worth of resources, the game will allow players to collect those resources immediately (ignoring the 1 hour minimum on resource collection).

1 Like