Help please - Just mis-clicked upgrade item to maximum - Now I am sad

Hi @Jeto @Kafka,
Sorry for the direct shout out but I am hoping you might be able to help or provide me an answer

I just (like 20 minutes ago) accidently mis-clicked on the “Maximum upgrade” button on my only non-red Warlord set item (Purple Level 30 Warlord Mask) that my Barbarian uses
Obviously this was a mistake and there was not “confirm button” and I have now got a Level 46 Purple Warlords mask and do not have a HUGE amount of resources I have been carefully building up (glyphs& relics)

I immediately lodged a ticket.

Do you know - Is there any way to fix it, roll back my account, even delete the item if I can just get back the upgrade items from Level 30 to Level 46 on the Warlords Mask - anything to help fix this for me would be amazing
Anything you can do to inform or assist with the ticket would be greatly appreciated

As I am sure you can imagine I am very very sad right now

Thank you again for any help, information or assistance you can provide

May I suggest a “confirm spend” button might be a nice QoL addition to the UI

Hopefully Support can do something for your specific case, but I really dislike the design change that shoved this upgrade option as the default opening screen. I have to be so careful not to screw up in this exact way.

Okay I get it - I have gear that I could upgrade and the materials to do so. But don’t shove a max upgrade as the default screen knowing an all too common behaviour is to click accept to get rid of a notification - oh crap I just invested glyphs, relics, superior shards and gold into an item I really didn’t plan or want to upgrade.

The game design is drip feeding these end game crafting materials, while making them one careless click away from being spent.

5 Likes

Hey, we’ll answer your ticket within the next 48 hours and discuss what we can do there.

Just to get added feedback for the UI request:

Did you do this on mobile or PC?
Did you use the Upgrade now button? “^”
Was this an accidental click on an equipped item or an item that wasn’t equipped?

The upgrade screen only opens if you click on the green “^” button on your equipped Gear, if you click on the main Gear type button next to the ^ then it will open up the list for all the items you own of that type instead.
This allows players to skip an extra 2 clicks if they’re sure they want to upgrade.

Do you really mean you don’t like this shortcut feature altogether or would it be a nice feature to have, as long as there’s another confirmation window?

Or for example, did you click the upgrade button quickly thinking it was going to be the cancel button on the right hand side, so you could go back to your item list?

Do you have any other more specific feedback about the buttons, UI layout for upgrading or salvaging items in the Gear menu?

So ie. not just I want a confirmation window
but for example: I want a confirmation when I click the upgrade button because the button is too big/in a spot that’s easy to accidentally click/because the item information isn’t visible enough because abc etc etc.

I have enough feedback to put in a Quality of Life request for this but I wanted to offer everyone here the chance to share any more detailed/specific thoughts about the upgrading UI.

1 Like

I’ll bite.

We need to save clicks for things we do often, fully upgrading gear is something we literally never do due to the incredibly high costs. Things which could be safely implemented to save us clicks:

1. “Repeat last battle” button on victory screen
  2. Open all chests (which followers have completed).
  3. More inventory space, so we dont need to navigate back to inventory menu every other battle.
  4. Getting rid of flashing light and slow-roll chest sequences so we dont tap to avoid them.
5 Likes

As Wokel said, fully upgrading gear is something all (most) of us literally never do. So it is so much better not to have such a feature at all.

I despise the default to the upgrade; and I have also upgraded gear by accident. Horrible design.

I also did it once by accident a very long time ago but it was a luckily a low level upgrade in the end. Ever since I have made a point of always clicking on the gear as far from the green arrow as I can.

And also, I have never used the Green Arrow to upgrade gear I always look at it first and do it manually.

Hi Kafka,
Thanks for the response and the timeframe - I’m happy to wait and hope that something/anything can be done
I will try and answer your questions as best I can

Did you do this on mobile or PC?
Mobile
Did you use the Upgrade now button? “^”
It was a Green “Upgrade” button the the right hand side of the screen

So basically it seems there are two options to upgrade to Maximum being presented
On the left, by clicking on the level you want to upgrade to (default set to maximum), there will be a second screen that says Upgrade or Cancel
BUT if you click the green Upgrade button option on the right of the screen, then its done immediately with no confirm
I wonder if this is helpful for new players with lower level items they want to upgrade regularly?
But for higher level upgrades the resource requirements are so significant that I don’t think I have ever wondered if I could do it faster AFTER I have finally gathered the required resources

Was this an accidental click on an equipped item or an item that wasn’t equipped?
Item was equipped

The upgrade screen only opens if you click on the green “^” button on your equipped Gear, if you click on the main Gear type button next to the ^ then it will open up the list for all the items you own of that type instead.
This allows players to skip an extra 2 clicks if they’re sure they want to upgrade.
OK - I seriously did not know this, perhaps because on Mobile the item box and the green arrow are so close together. Helpful to know, I guess, but I don’t value the feature (it seems more of a trap, which I had been successfully avoiding until now…

Do you really mean you don’t like this shortcut feature altogether or would it be a nice feature to have, as long as there’s another confirmation window?
I think it requires a confirmation window at a minimum - however I question the need to have this type of feature at all, given how easy it already is to upgrade to maximum with an inbuild confirm button (see screenshot above)
I’d always kind of seen it as a trap for spending all your resources - I think for the amount of UI real estate it gets and how often it would get used (and the fact it literally sits next to the same option) it is not “valuable”

Or for example, did you click the upgrade button quickly thinking it was going to be the cancel button on the right hand side, so you could go back to your item list?
Nope, total mis-click - Had never pressed it before, but I guess I would have expected a confirm button (I never intended to click it - I mean both now but also ever, it’s just not adding functionality that I think is needed)

Do you have any other more specific feedback about the buttons, UI layout for upgrading or salvaging items in the Gear menu?
So ie. not just I want a confirmation window
but for example: I want a confirmation when I click the upgrade button because the button is too big/in a spot that’s easy to accidentally click/because the item information isn’t visible enough because abc etc etc.

Unrelated to the issue of maxing an item: -
When I can’t do a battle because of storage - please give me an option on the info popup to go directly to the inventory items that have caused the issue, the system already knows what the problem area is AND that I can’t proceed to battles until its fixed, so give me a button to take me there
A way to change heroes more quickly (say by clicking on the hero shield on the top of most screens)
Being able to click on a rewards from a chest gear/spell/minion to see the details of what it is/does (and what attributes it has)
If you finish a goal - make the announcement/popup clickable so I can go to it to collect it immediately if I want to
Allow players to pick a “current goal” and have the progress displayed in the relevant place

OK, so not specially related to UI but it would be great if there was an option for “auto-level new gear if I have more than minor/lessor/… X shards” and an “auto salvage items below ” so I don’t have to manually keep gear, to then manually upgrade it (to level 5 or level 9) and then manually salvage it - in order to access the resource cycle and boost my number of salvage, say greater shards
Maybe this could initially be a VIP option “exclusive for at least 6 months” (to give you flexibility to mainstream it later)- it would be a sweet QoL that may encourage players to pay for VIP - without a Pay2Win aspect

I have enough feedback to put in a Quality of Life request for this but I wanted to offer everyone here the chance to share any more detailed/specific thoughts about the upgrading UI.

I hope this helps - and thanks again for anything you can do to fix my mis-click

2 Likes

Similar experience to Mythos I hadn’t appreciated the difference, but on mobile I think this falls under “fat finger” user experience. The button for each type of gear is so small compared to my finger/thumb pressing it, it likely mashes both the equipped gear as well as the ^ Upgrade button, resulting in the suggested max upgrade screen.

While the design and logic is identical on PC, because the screen is much larger, and the pointer (mouse cursor) so tiny, there is much less likelihood to hit one when you meant the other. That also assumes players know the ^ goes straight to upgrade, rather than merely highlighting an upgrade is possible.

While this may have been designed to help the player by speeding up the process by a couple of clicks, I think for any upgrade that could consume relics this poses more of a risk than any potential benefit. The ease with which you can accidentally click away materials that took months to find is painful.

This echoes some previous update feedback about consistency of design and sizing of menus. Some aspects like the drop down for moving between loadouts is clearly designed with a 24" PC screen in mind, and not for a mobile layout when you see how tiny and fiddly it is to access and make selections within.

FWIW, In my personal experience, the game likes to think I clicked that green upgrade tick, even when I would swear I did not click even near it. Maybe the actual area of the button is too big? Or maybe my fingers are. haha

I would tend to agree with @Wokel. Gear upgrading is probably the last place where saved clicks are a big deal for the average player.

2 Likes

Hey @Mythos

I have since grabbed your Support ticket and sent through a reply to you! :sparkles:

Jeto (she/they) - Support Human :woman_mage:t2:

Thank you Jeto - I have replied to the ticket
Thank you for your help and I will make sure I keep away from the maximum upgrade button in future! (until hopefully there is a “confirm” added)

1 Like

Well I see no lessons got learnt from this conversation and no feedback was listened to.

I wanted to upgrade some of my duplicate spells a few levels so that when I salvage them I get more higher level shards from the salvage, a higher possibility at a relic and to use up my lesser shards.

Now instead of just selecting level 4, 5, 8, 10 or whatever I would have chosen it gives me the upgrade to MAX. This is an accident waiting to happen. I added all the stuff it would have used to the picture as you have to scroll to see it all. (Also I have no idea if the spells are common, uncommon, rare etc but this really belongs in another thread)

Will you refund accidental upgrades?

2 Likes

Many users here specifically requested this “max level default” to not exist previously, so to see it here again is just so infuriating

1 Like

Just to add some more info. It doesn’t matter whether you click the Upgrade button or the ‘^’, the game automatically selects the max upgrade. In the past this only happened when you clicked the ‘^’

1 Like

I knew this UI upgrade would be a dumpster fire when taking the kingdom UI redesign into account…

Development team: did you ask ANYBODY that is playing this game outside your studio if this was a good idea??

1 Like

Exactly, now when we want to upgrade anything to any rarity, we have to “downgrade” the selection.

Sorry dev team, but in what universe would it be more convenient to prioritise max upgrading rather than starting from the bottom?

The only way it would make sense is if we had unlimited glyphs and relics.

1 Like