Lack of opportunities for blue crystals

I have played the game for quite a while now and the one thing that still bugs me is acquiring the blue crystals that are currency to buy glyphs etc.it just takes so long to get enough for 1 glyph never mind anything else I. e follower crystals from daily deals.once you have finished story on all classes.there are limited ways to acquire them and the amount you get is very small I have gone a week before with no crystals appearing in daily tasks .I often run my gold up to cap with nothing to buy and often never have any crystals it would be good to be able to offload excess gold for crystals even if it’s say 5000 gold for 50-100 blue gems.what does everyone else think?

1 Like

You get 200 gems every 22 hours if you’re in a good alliance, with the ingots (depending on how your leader spends them) could be 250 gems every 22 hours. Tourney and adventure give good amount of gems often. Event has potential to give lots of gems, but someone almost always messes that up.

Gems are clearly designed to be a non-farmable major bottleneck to promote purchases (look at the merchant vault, for example). I doubt they will ever allow gems to be purchased with anything other than crowns or money. That is why a careful management of gems is so important in this game. Being in a top Kingdom with max Kingdom defense tier and bazaar really helps here, since as Kenpo said you get 200 gems daily (plus some extra depending on how well they manage the earned ingots) and can also get some great offers, such as Glyphs for food or honor.

The system is working as intended. Its like this in every free to play game and is designed this way on purpose.

The whole point of this type of game design is to make you, the player, frustrated to the point that you feel you’re inadequate, falling behind other players, or not making much progress, so that you open your wallet and spend real money on the grossly overpriced ingame currency to buy items/resources to help you progress faster.

Its how free to play games make money. I’d be more willing to spend money on this game, if the currency wasn’t so expensive. But its a $1 for 100 gems, which means each Weapon Glyph costs $22.50. That is ridiculous, especially when you need 32 to max out the Offense scroll on 1 character. That’s $720 on just gems for weapon glyphs.

And the crowns are even more overpriced. I’ll spend a couple of bucks to support a game I enjoy and i’ve bought the $5.00 crown pack cause of the bonus, as it gave you a total of 500 crowns, and then used it to buy the Premium Quest Pass, so I could get 1 of each glyph. But I doubt I will ever spend money on the game again, it wasn’t really worth it in the end.

Its just never feels like you get your money’s worth, because the currency is overpriced to buy and then the items that require that currency to buy are also overpriced.

And like all free to play games, i’ll eventually quit and move onto something when I hit that wall where it feels like i’m not making any progress and its just the same daily grind over and over.

3 Likes