[REPORTED] Total Kingdom Crest Count is Significantly Understated

This week has been no issues on the Crest count issue, thankfully, but the display issue is frequent in both kingdoms, where all 3 title holders are grouped under the Master of Crests title.

Looking forward to hearing about a resolution on this issue.

What’s the status here?

You crack me up. :rofl:

is this thing on

2 Likes

Hey all,

Sorry for the delay with this one, there has been some ongoing back and forth with the team to confirm what is occurring with the Kingdom Crests and checking various accounts to confirm so we appreciate your patience!

The development team have not found any errors in the crest totals for Kingdoms and player totals in the data, this issue is with the UI is not in sync. So while the total is displaying incorrectly when checking your Kingdom Crests in-game, the data on the servers and the rewards given are accurate.

A few fixes have been pushed in how this information is updated and displayed to the player but will keep an eye on this display issue ongoing in case it continues or if these fixes do not resolve this.

The development team at the same time has also put a fix in for the title display in Kingdoms, “Master of”.

Jeto (she/they) - Support Human :woman_mage:t2:

We are currently showing 84 crests, but have accumualted nearly 800. Our crests initially were off a little, then eventually went to correct, and right around 700 crests, dropped to 80. We will see if we still get the rewards at 1000 crests

This is not true with regards to accurate rewards given. We definitely missed rewards. There are 13 (that’s XIII) possible reward Tiers. In the first week that I reported this we missed reward Reward Tier XII (12) and XIII (13). Two weeks later I provided this update:

Oh look. Here’s the screenshot:

No Weekly Reward: Tier XIII. No Diamond Key. That would be a missed reward so the rewards were not accurate.

Therefore:

is wrong.

Now what?

(I"m seriously frustrated about this because I have discussed this issue at length, I have numerous people to back up that this is our experience, but to be told, no you got the right thing is just beyond belief at this point. Am I just making shit up for fun?)

Just a broader point while we wait to see if I get called a liar again because “everything is fine, the visual numbers were just off.” The reason why this matters and I’m quite furious about it is that at no point in bringing up this issue (repeatedly) did I get asked for any confirming information. Clearly something was wrong, I indicated so and gave the specific facts. After nearly a month, the issue is essentially “resolved” according to the development team.

Well that begs the question: what else is going wrong under the hood of this game but the development team thinks is working just fine? Do you trust them to get it right if they just tell you “yep, it’s all good, nothing to see here”. We know that they are misleading with verbiage in the game. What else are they misleading us with? This issue is not just about a diamond key or two; it’s whether or not you trust this developer to get things right and communicate honestly, which in my view is not happening.

This specific issue is something that can be demonstrably proven true (We reached 18,000 Crests by total members, we saw the total kingdom crest number earlier in the week literally roll back so we know the member numbers are correct, we therefore did not hit the reward tier and did not get a reward). Multiple people have reported seeing kingdom crest counts roll back so the volatility (the UI issue) is there, not with member counts.

1 Like

Is it possible that if someone leaves the kingdom, that they “take” their weekly contribution with them?

The team continued to investigate after I had posted an update on the information I had at the time, while in the process of resolving the UI and Kingdom Title bug they have found further data that has shown there was a problem affecting the Crest totals.
We wouldn’t let this go undetected, even if this had been purely a UI issue, the team had been continuously investigating, but wanted to share what was available to us at the time.

Also definitely in no way intended to imply anyone would lie about an issue in-game, we appreciate everyone taking the time to share in-depth bug reports and information breakdowns on what they have experienced in the game (both bugs & player feedback) unfortunately in this instance, we shared what we had at the time and then more was discovered later.

The devs are currently working on getting this fixed and in the meantime, I am currently chasing up what we can do in regards to getting compensation out to all Kingdoms who have been affected.

Once I have some definite information on this, I’ll jump in here again with an update.

1 Like

22 days later …

4 hours after that…

So I would assume after 20+ days that the investigation was done, since there was so much back and forth. How would you expect someone to respond?

Also,

And

Sounds like the issue is concluded right? Color me surprised to find out that a few hours later, lo and behold an issue was found “while in the process of resolving the UI and Kingdom Title Bug”. I thought this fix was already done?

I will be happy to have this resolved and appropriate compensation received by my kingdom members who participate and provide feedback in good faith. It would be nice if we didn’t have to go so long without any engagement and then when there is engagement that the information provided is completely communicated. I will simply take it on faith that even though all the terminology used in the initial response today was in the past tense, the development team was actually “continually investigating” the issue. Ok.

@Sibelios we did our best to communicate the information we had at any given time but we’ve taken your feedback on board.

2 Likes

Fair enough. Thank you for saying so.

2 Likes