Unblocking Citadel

I would like to say that there is big concept problem with idea that unblocks citadel.
Currently it is unblocked when u finish story mode and get lvl 50 on your character.
Problem with that function is that if u don’t want to make crazy rush to finish story mode by killing opponents way above your gear score, U will finish with lvl 50 way sooner before u finish story mode. And that will froze all your progress until u will get story finished.
If u would love to keep your gear score in par with mission it would end u will get lvl 50 around chapter 10 or even sooner. And that will be lots and lots of experience wasted.
I wasn’t fully rushing but i did get lvl 50 around chapter 13.
And since that moment all my experience was wasted until i got to end of story mode.
On end little sugestion that would fix issue with wasted experience: Get that experience stored for use when u will unlock citadel so u will get possibility to get few lvl’s directly when u unlock it. At last u wont have that stupid feeling that all those sidequest u do or and other fights are time waste.

4 Likes

I support this suggestion. For players who want to take their time and enjoy the story and the sidequests (me included), it’s going to be upsetting to waste a whole bunch of XP and feel like they have to rush the end of the story.

1 Like

I’ve passed on this feedback. <3

1 Like

+1
I have reached lvl 50 while I am still in Chapter IX… Now it got kinda boring.

1 Like

The problem is even worse now than 5 months ago when this feedback was first passed on to the great feedback dumpster. :grin:

It has to be much worse now. All five of my heroes finished the story before hitting level 50. But only the last hero had to deal with the story in 36. From what I’m hearing that’s not even possible now, much less common, for a first hero.

Hey all!

Just wanted to jump in and let you know, we have taken on a lot of feedback shared into the .37 update.

Citadels being included in those changes! It will now be unlocked once your Hero reaches level 50. No longer requiring you to also complete the Story.

Jeto - Support Human :woman_mage:t2:

10 Likes

This is a real positive outcome and sure to be a welcome change for new players

Which I feel leads us neatly to - Do you have any news to share regarding Citadel re-specification? :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

How is that tied into the storyline? The citadel has a secure spot in chapter 15, are you rewriting the story? Giving up on the story for the grinding aspects of the game?

I mean, the xp being lost is a concern to new players which is relevant to the release of the game but currently the citadel is tied into the story. And the story gets there logically at 15, my first play through made sense but we got to the citadel at the time around level 40. Now people hit 50 apparently around chapter ten.

If you are rewriting the story, could you let us know so we know to replay a character?

Are they really rewriting the story or are they just disconnecting a mechanic from the already written story. The loss of a connected mechanic + story seems a small price for making something more playable for the population as a whole. I don’t personally see how this is a bad thing.

1 Like

Not a bad thing but I remember the citadel as part of the storyline and it made sense at the time.

Of course it can be unhooked of the story as the mechanic is an issue for players.

I guess if you ignore the story it also works. But there was one.

Dunno, just wanted to point out that there was a story. Maybe it’s irrelevant.

1 Like

Along with that, will you also allow non 50 chars to play dungeon levels above Hard. As of now, my level 44 Assassin is NOT able to start any dungeon above Hard, even though my main Paladin has completed the story and the citadel is open.

@Elric I had forgotten about the story tie in! I agree that for those of us who care about the actual story, I agree with your point.

I also agree with @Sibelios, a borked story (while not cool) is less not cool than the current problem.

They could go back and change the story later, when the game play issues are fixed. Or, if they don’t want to change the story, they could keep the citadel locked till the end of the story and just allow for post level 50 experience to be banked.

That second option would be great, except it seems right now that its too hard for people to complete the story without any citadel bonuses. 37 could change this again.

Happy to see this change as it removes one major barrier to progression. Atleast now grinding towards completing the story isn’t punishing you for reaching L50 early.

As for the story - while it makes sense that you’ve saved the kingdom and can retire to a citadel, I’m not so sure there were particularly strong links for it to be in Chapter 15.

I don’t think the citadel is physically located in Chapter 15. You are there for the portal, not a citadel.
I don’t think the enemy at the end of the story would have a citadel for you to conquer from them.
If it has been gifted to you by someone else in the kingdom, then that could more naturally be associated with achieving L50 - the peak of levelling.

Minor points - more than happy to take citadels being unlocked at L50, than needing both L50 and story completion.