What Gear Score Should I have?

You meant the shop, right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Already starting to happen in 0.38, as the Epic weapon is now a permanent shop offer…

From the patch notes, emphasis added:

Expecting the Mark shop to have a Saturday/Sunday rotation to allow 1 purchasable Epic and Legendary relic, in line with other daily Mark shop offers so far.

I started on .37 as a berserker, so I must have missed

the items gifted with the 0.36 update

and I can tell you it was a nightmare. I bought the Rare weapon pack to get a weapon to make it possible to progress at my first road block. Then, I could not win story fights starting in the late 30’s and 40’s I did not have anywhere near enough to level up my weapon past 25. I finally gave up and started a Paladin since they had more stun chance.

By the time I had two characters in the 40’s I finally got an Epic Royal Longsword in purple, but did not have the materials to level it enough to help. So I started an Assassin and decided to level it along with the new sword. This proved to be the final fruitful path as my gear set finally started coming together in purple. I was able to get to 50 with that character and then discovered it was easier to use my purple armor and spells on my Berserker and Paladin in order to get to 50.

I would say that level appropriate gear drops way too slowly in the post .37 versions.

1 Like

I must have started just prior to the 0.36 update, as I got the gift items, and the rare weapon was helpful but none of the other gear was much good.
One of my biggest roadblocks is lack of Lesser shards, although just generally lack of shards for upgrades has been a problem.
I did manage to make some progress with stun locks eventually using two dwarven rings to get big gems early to power spells, although that required a lot of retreating from matches that I could see weren’t going to go anywhere.
I probably made a mistake earlier in the game by leveling gear to rare and giving up on it when it didn’t match my colour, probably wasted a lot of shards in that.

This game lays too many traps and minefields, it always feels like its working against the player to lead them down the garden path or “gotcha” them in most aspects of overall decision making here… I’m not sure if its incompetence or deliberate either

They want you to spend MONEY, so yes it is deliberate

Sorry I don’t have time today to read the whole thread but regarding this line:

I said:

For clarity I was talking about this:

Once you’d been at level 50 for awhile you would have done some grinding/farming to improve your Gear and eventually definitely have 4+ pieces of epic and higher rarity gear. I wasn’t talking about reaching level 50 with 4+ epic pieces. I was talking about the what happens while level 50.