A small patch has been pushed to the game-servers to fix a few of the issues from Update 0.35 with collecting Crystals and Gems. We’ve also removed Fluxes & sent out a small gift.
Greetings adventurers! We have been listening to your feedback on our changes to the game in Update 0.35. In this update, we changed the resources required to upgrade your Followers by introducing Crystals and changed the way upgrading works by introducing Relics. These changes were made to help improve the whole process of upgrading collectible items. We also made changes to Spells so they work with the Class they are earned for and make playing each Class a more unique experience.
We’ve pushed some new changes live after listening to your feedback. Please restart your game to see the following:
- Sidequest rewards have been adjusted, and now each gives 25 Gems for their first-time completion reward per class.
- Crystals have been removed from most Side-Quests.
- Crystals are now earned from 3 Side-Quests related to each follower, except for Elyra and Darkhunter, who have less Side-Quests at this time.
- You will be sent the Crystals for any Side-Quests already completed in the in-game mail.
- Any Fluxes you owned have been removed from the game and converted to Relics.
- Rare Fluxes are converted to Lesser Relics, Epic Fluxes to Greater Relics, and Legendary Fluxes to Major Relics.
- If you owned Fluxes you will be delivered a mail with the replacement Relics.
We saw a lot of feedback about the amount of gems being removed from side quests. We weren’t able to introduce them back in the same quantities, so we added some back in where we could.
We are aware that there are less Crystals being awarded now, but there will be another main way to get this resource that will most likely be introduced with our next update. I say most likely in case of emergency, but we are planning for a new game mode to be released in 0.36 that will be the primary way players can earn both Crystals and Relics. This will bring more Crystals into the game over time than only getting them through side quests, and will give players more access to Relics.
In light of these changes, a global mail will be sent to all players, delivering a gift of 500 Gems - we hope this improves the adjustment period after all these changes!