2.5 Spell Rework

I am not sure, maybe the cumulated spellpages you “own”, including the former rarities you already have reached.
Btbh … I am not Higure, he surely has an answer after doing some maths …

Edit: Ok did the maths myself … if I did not make a mistake without using a calculator, you need 1250 (1249 +1) spellpages to reach legendary rarity.
QED

You need to do a bit of math. If you look at the number on the right (under the burning hands spell) it shows the total number of required pages to take it to legendary + . The number on the left shows the amount of spell pages it took to get to originally get it to legendary PLUS the 10 that you just received which is shown at the top of the screen. I think jeto said something about fixing this so it shows better but I can’t remember the details.

2 Likes

Yeah, thx, was what I did mean with my edit, in post above.
But you did explain it much better.

The Spell Page difference has been reported elsewhere, and the team is aware (thanks @shmaunpq for the big brain memory!)

…it appears the reward screen is showing your progress from if the Spell was common, whereas in your Spell Book it shows the accurate progress of your current rarity working towards your next rarity.
This will be fixed in 2.5.1

@Swivel So I can look into this question further, can I have your name code?

Also, just for me personally as I only have one of each hero class, because I often don’t replay something if I have completed it with that class already (looking at you Borderlands 1)

If you can have multiple loadouts, what gets you to have multiple of the same hero class? Is it the rewards through the Story?

You don’t get rewards for the same class running the story again. The only benefit would be the character model and/or more gear loadouts.

1 Like

Thats one thing, the story, e.g. for grinding crests, another is the weekly quest of gaining 3 levels of hero/citadel.
If its high … nearly undoable in 7 days
Another point is some ppl just like to have 2 genders of each class … or diffrent outlooks, why buying skins for real money if you cant use or show them.
Also some ppl use a second lower level hero for testing new builds on lower gear, spell etc. level, cause it costs a fortune to fully equip them.
And running low level content with a level 50 hero always is easy … even if your gear spell combination is crap …
I am sure there are more reasons why ppl do it.
That are the ones I know and which ppl have already announced here in Forum.
One spellbook per class really should be enough grind!

2 Likes

I don’t think the spell page count is broke, its just initially confusing. What the game seems to be doing is adding the pages found to your current total and it starts at zero everytime you find spellpages and just scrolls up to the current amount showing you all the progress you’ve made, hence why I think people are getting confused. But its actually fine, once you understand how it works.

1 Like

3 reasons…

1. So you can play both skins of the hero, currently you can’t switch gender.

2. To complete the 3 levels a week weekly order. A really poorly designed order IMO, that forces you to keep making new characters to complete it as its virtually impossible to do when your citadel level gets too high.

3. More loadouts. While the game is very good about giving you multiple loadouts, its not always enough. Consider you probably want a loadout for each Dragon, so 5 already. Then we have Event, maybe even the different colors of event so that’s at least 1. Tourney requires another 6, one for tourney in general and 5 for each color. And I even have a loadout for the Follower crystal adventure because the reflect some of the monsters have on it is problematic, so I tailor a loadout around it so I won’t die as often.

6 Likes

Thumbs up for more loadouts, or loadout save/load feature like in GoW.

4 Likes

KenpoKid69 pretty much covered it but I noticed in another post you (Jeto) don’t play PVP and I think that is why you haven’t come across the loadout limit. I use 12 loadouts for PVP spread across 2 heros (in my case different classes). 6 loadouts for fast kills and 6 for completing the PVP goals (one for each colour and one for open).

Having 6 loadouts for PVP leaves just 2 loadouts to be spread amongst:
1x for burning events,
1x for high XP,
1x for farming dungeons,
1x for reflect opponents,
up to 5x for different KD dragons to help deny them their colour gems.
That’s up to 9x more loadouts in addition to PVP and I’m sure people have other specific loadouts too.

4 Likes

What am I supposed to do with 69,000 spell shards?

2 Likes

I will just link to the previous posts where I mentioned that this will happen and why this is unnecessary.

1 Like

@Jeto

I only use a Merc for everything so needed to create a duplicate character to accomodate all the different Gear builds so I’m not constantly having to swap Gear for different game modes.

Kingdom Defense utilises 4 Slots (I use the same build for Green & Red Dragons)
PVP Tourney takes 5 slots (one for each colour obviously)
A slot for XP/Crest farming
A slot with a crap weapon equipped for PVP when I feel like improving my score
The rest of the slots for experimenting.

As you can see 8 Loadout slots doesn’t accomodate all the above and, it appears, I’m not alone in this.

I will send you my user ID by PM.

Many thanks.

EDIT: I don’t know how to send a PM lol. :joy:

2 Likes

I would like to know too, I have 439,582 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Spell Shards are used to level up your spellbooks.

Will we finally be getting Spell Glyphs as a premium reward in the Quest Pass?

I’ll happily forgo the Weapon Glyphs in exchange for Spell Glyphs seeing as we need so many to level the Spell Book.

2 Likes

I found myself wondering the same thing after the update. I think it would be nice to add spell glyphs to the quest pass.

3 Likes

The amount of pages needed to evolve the rarity of spells is insane.

9 Likes

The amount is ok, prevents Veterans to get away from new players too far, but the mechanic behind is insane. 152 (till now) diffrent res (and its exactly this) that drop randomly and seldom in groups of four in diffrent ( but for the spell you want to upgrade same) dungeons, that can with few exceptions only be crafted and bought as random versions, is just … well, I really want to stay friendly, so I stop here.

1 Like