Platform, device and operation system
Android, OnePlus 8 Pro, Android 11
What were you expecting to happen, and what actually happened
Queuing in a party (not leader) and flagged as “ready”, you should be able to switch to the party chat and communicate with your team.
When the leader starts the fight, the game behaves normally. This means, you can fight and also switch to the in-fight chat and communicate with your party members if you want.
When the leader starts the fight while you are in the chat screen, the fight starts normally. But as soon as you switch to the in-fight chat, the game goes into a loop and stops responding every time.
Sometimes, it also automatically retreats the character from the fight before crashing, though most of the times you can just kill PQ3 and restart to get back into the fight and be able to chat.
How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
I only tested it in groups of size 3 or 4, but it is reproducible (happens every time).
Steps to make it happen again
- Join a party (you cannot be leader, as you need to idle in the chat window when the leader starts the fight)
- Press “ready” and switch to the Party chat
- Wait for the Leader to begin the fight
- Once the fight starts, press the Menu and select the Chat button
- click somewhere (for example, try to write or go back)
- the “loading” loop symbol may appear and the UI freezes or the game closes
- at this stage, the party may get the a notification that you retreated from the fight
- if you kill PQ3 and restart, you will either be back in the fight (you did not auto-retreat) or will start in the party screen waiting for the rest of the party to finish the fight