Evaluation of the 2.5 Spell Rework

Hi folks!

TLDR:

• Spell Page rate updates are going out today!
  • Mail and some Seasonal Spell magic to follow soon

The Long Version:
We took a look over the numbers and rates etc based on how you folks are playing and our best estimate is that it was going to take the most dedicated of you on average about 250 days of Dungeon farming to get a Spell from Common to Ancient Mythic (alongside a few extra Ancient Mythics you weren’t looking for). We don’t need to tell you that’s clearly far too long.

With this Dedicated-Dungeon-Crawler baseline in mind, we’ve pulled a few levers in the Chests to bring that number down from 250 days to a target closer to approximately 45 days or less.

Bearing in mind that this is just our baseline, newer players and players across the spectrum should see improvement in the number of Spell Pages generally.

What about Seasonal Spells?
They’re getting an update too. You should see (on average) about 8x the number of Spell Pages from Caches as you have before.

When?
This is being pushed out today!

What next?
First we’ll be sending out mail soon with:

• 200 Nemeon Coins
  • 8000 Spell Dust

For each of you, we will also be increasing the number of 2.5 Seasonal Spell Pages you have already found in the Eldritch Caches so far x8

• e.g. If I had 5 Celestial Explosion Pages, and 24 Cleansing Doom Pages:

• I would end up with 5x8 = 40 pages of Celestial Explosion

• I would also end up with 24x8 = 192 pages of Cleansing Doom

Beyond this, we will be watching closely. Before we do too much else, we do want to see how these changes go in the wild. If simple changes like this can ease things off for you folks, then we won’t need to look too closely at things that would be more time consuming.

Gear…?
We’ll have a blog post much like we did for Spells, but ahead of that, I do just want to say that we have taken everything that’s happened here with Spells to heart and it has been at the forefront of our minds with how we approach this.
Our target for a full breakdown of the Gear System Rework is the beginning of March at this stage.

Thank you everyone!

9 Likes