[EXPLAIN LIKE I'M FIVE] Lock up the game by retreating after you were defeated

Platform, device and operation system
Android, Samsung Galaxy a51, android 10

What were you expecting to happen, and what actually happened
I started a move on the board, saw it wasn’t enough to keep me from dying. While the timer was running, I opened the menu to retreat. The timer kept running, animations playing, and the game continued under my pop-up.
It showed I died, offered me a chance to resurrect. (I declined.) Having lost the battle, it sent me back to the screen with retreat. Just for fun, I hit it. The game locked up.

I exited, restarted, it replayed the finishing move, and all was fine.

Still, you have a race condition you might want to resolve. I expect you have reasons for not pausing the game when the window is open. So maybe shut the open window when one dies?

Thanks for reporting this, could you please break it down further so I can pass it on?

A dot point step by step guide would help, as I am finding this confusing.

1 Like

EXPLAIN LIKE I’M FIVE

Good lord Salty, we all know you’re smarter than that, you just need another cuppa.

1 Like

I don’t blame Salty. I tried reproducing it, and it took me about 7 or 8 tries to get it to happen. By that point, I would have said “I don’t understand” (or some other choice words) as well.

I made a screen capture. https://youtu.be/ofbozRln0r0 . I didn’t have it show my screen touches well, so I’m not sure how useful it will be for you.

1 Like

@PowerPlay I’m really not, I even tried to reproduce this and ended up having to work back another two hours to catch up on the time I lost due to frustration over trying to understand this.

Thank you so much for the video @Scott.Mermelstein, it’s really appreciated!