Gear items that aren't as useful as they used to be

I was going to add this to https://community.puzzlequest3.com/t/reported-the-fate-of-night-mask but given the last comment was “Very likely to be fixed in 2.0” (not that they were) and these are all new I thought I’d start a new thread.

The Night Mask thread dealt with gear that created gems during your opponents turn, sometimes benefiting them.

These gear items create gems at the end of your turn. In one way this is not quite as bad as the fate of the night mask listed items as if they create a match when they appear you get the mana gain and not your opponent. But on the other hand now that your opponent takes a turn to move gems they get the opportunity to match and therefore steal the created gem/s through their entire turn.

Items effected:
Dwarven Ring: There is a 10 | 15 | 20 | 25% chance to create a Big IV red gem when matching red gems.
Firewalker Necklace: There is a 40% chance to upgrade a Big Red gem to be 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 sizes larger when you create them (Max X).
Esgaard Flail: Create 1 | 1-2 | 1-3 | 2-3 skulls when matching <COLOR_GEMS>.
Bone Sickle: When creating a Big <COLOR_GEM> via a match, there is also a 10 | 20 | 30 | 40% to create a Big Skull III gem.
Khazdhuli Carriers: When matching any Big V+ gem, there is a 10 | 15 | 20 | 25% chance to create an identical one.
Lightbringer’s Blade: On matching <COLOR_GEM>, there is a 20 | 30 | 40 | 50% chance to create 2 <COLOR_GEM> gems.

I was thinking of using the Dwarven Ring in a build but I now don’t think it’s worth it. If I’m lucky enough for the effect to activate my opponent then has a chance steal the gem I created! If the opponent is red it could mean my death :wink: I have been considering the Esgaard Flail in the past too but I’m not sure about it anymore.

2 Likes

They said an item rework is coming. Soon TM. :fearful:

Oh, they say “Gear and Spell System Improvement” in the roadmap.
https://community.puzzlequest3.com/t/2023-roadmap-in-progress/3340/2

I added these to my initial report from the previous thread and following it up with the team if they have any further information.

I would also add “when an enemy is defeated” abilities. Due to the 1.5 changes now they are worse in dungeons and useless in skirmish.

1 Like