[Reported] The fate of Night Mask?

The mechanic change of combat system changed the special effect of Night Mask into an effect that benefit OUR ENEMY under most situations rather than help yourself. ENEMY will gain bonus from gems created, not you.

This item need a remake to make it useful again.

1 Like

Several ideas of remake/fix:

A: Gain physical resistance from each purple gem on the board
B: Gain extra critical damage bonus against enemies with debuff
C: Enlarge purple gems when taking elemental damage
D(easiest): Create purple gem if taken elemental damage last turn

Could you provide examples how it is benefiting enemies and not us?

Enemy damage you with certain damage, it create gems, happened to make a match, and it count as enemy match, not yours, HIS spell charged which may lead to danger, and possibility of skyfall cascades, etc.

Regardless of the item color it always generates purple gems. So your example applies only to enemies with purple spells. I don’t consider this as most situations.

I’m using it on my assassin and I haven’t noticed any negative impact after the changes. Yes, the described scenario can happen, but I don’t see it as somethibg that needs to change.

Every build has some downsides in certain scenarios, so I find this case perfectly normal.

I hope others will join and share how they feel about the mask bonus.

2 Likes

I think the item was made with the intent of the gems being directly beneficial to the player and with this new design it and other such items need revision.

1 Like

Any item, effect, bonus, etc., creating gems at the end of a turn needs to be looked at.

1 Like

Normal or not, the devs basically rolled out a completely different game. People invested resources based on the mechanics of the previous version, and they may not have done the same for the current one. (Hello my mythic dusk hat for one example.)

1 Like

Agree - maybe just make it “At the start of your (next) turn”

1 Like

I’d like to add the Jeweled Tower to this conversation. It no longer works as it used to where the gems were added at the start of my turn. It is the only shield I have at mythic and I have upgraded it to level 48. (That’s 10 glyphs and 4x T4 relics invested)

Now it activates once the opponent has made all their moves but BEFORE the board resolves itself. If it makes a match of yellow gems when they’re created or during the board resolving itself the enemy gets the mana AND my Paladin misses out on being able to match them!

I settled on this piece of armour in my “ultimate” Paladin build and upgraded it to mythic because of the bonus it gave me. Now it no longer works as it did in AP or timer modes and is a massive liability against the gold dragon in KD or in events.

1 Like

Could we please get a reply from PQ3 staff for this issue, as yet there hasn’t been one.

The way some gear works has changed with the introduction of AP. (as explained in my post and others above) I’m assuming this was accidental and I would like to know if things are staying this way or if they will be changed back to how they operated before.

Confirmed affected gear:
Night mask - Create 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 purple gems if you take dark or light damage.
Jeweled Tower - Create 1 | 1-2 | 1-3 | 2-3 yellow gems when I block.

Other gear which would seem to be affected given descriptions: (hopefully I didn’t miss any)
Royal Helm - Create a Big II | III | IV | V Skull Gem when taking elemental damage.
Bloodfang Breastplate - Create 1 | 1-2 | 1-3 | 2-3 blue gems when hit with melee damage.
Fallen Mantle - When taking damage there is a 5% chance to create a mix of 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 blue and purple gems.

My suggestion is to add “at the start of your turn” to all of these (to make it as it was before) so that the player is guaranteed to receive these bonuses and not your opponent!

To give an exact example it’s crazy I can make a yellow V gem in what I consider a completely safe spot on the board and then have my opponent get it as a match because my Jeweled Tower activates when I block!

6 Likes

Hello!

Updated the thread after discussing these items with the team and they are going to look into the order of operations for how enemy turns resolve!

Very likely to be fixed in 2.0 but if I get more information, I will shout out!

4 Likes

Just came to this thread and this draft was sitting here and not posted. So here it is a year late!

Looks like this didn’t get fixed in 2.0 so still waiting patiently.

In the mean time I also made the relisation that:
Dwarven Ring: % chance to create a Big IV red gem when matching red gems.
Firewalker Necklace: There is a 40% chance to upgrade a Big Red gem to be 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 sizes larger when you create them (Max X).
Esgaard Flail: Create 1 | 1-2 | 1-3 | 2-3 skulls when matching <COLOR_GEMS>.
Bone Sickle: When creating a Big <COLOR_GEM> via a match, there is also a 10 | 20 | 30 | 40% to create a Big Skull III gem.
Khazdhuli Carriers: When matching any Big V+ gem, there is a 10 | 15 | 20 | 25% chance to create an identical one.
Lightbringer’s Blade: On matching <COLOR_GEM>, there is a 20 | 30 | 40 | 50% chance to create 2 <COLOR_GEM> gems.

Originally all the listed gear earlier in this topic creates gems on your opponents turn.
BUT
All these gear items create gems at the end of your turn and now that your opponent makes moves it’s possible for them to steal the gems you create.

In one way this is not quite as bad as the originally listed items as if they create a match when they appear you get the mana gain and not your opponent. But on the other hand then they get the opportunity to match the created gem through their entire turn.

I was thinking of using one of these items in a build but I now have the problem that there is already a low % chance for the effect to activate and on top of that if it does activate my opponent may steal the gem I created!

1 Like

Esgaard Flail is awesome right now. I really hope it doesn’t get changed. The fact it makes the skull gems at the end of the turn is exactly what you want anyway. If the enemy does steal the skull gems, who cares, that just works to your benefit either way.

One thing I’m not sure you’ve even considered is these items making the gems at the end of your turn, means its influencing the field to your advantage in the majority of situations. The opponent is playing red or yellow for example, but you flood the board with purple or skulls.

Kenpo, you dont play PvP, am I right?
PvE enemies dont have an advantage from skulls, but PvP enemies have … a big one.
Another real problemn of the game we did ask a solution for … and nobody cares.
Cause they are busy to create new stuff to get money out of your pocket.

But a broken game stays a broken game, no matter how much broken new stuff you add …
And many ppl dont pay for broken things …

I do play PvP and I often get 1st or 2nd when I’m trying for it. I don’t see it being broken at all.