Glyph drop rate is way off compared to legend/mythic scrolls/runes

All that is well and good but the fact is that the notes were written in such a way that the average reader would think that Relics would be reasonably obtainable in the game state because the implication was that of the methods listed to obtain Relics, one of those methods was a “primary” source. The reality is different as you are clearly saying. So I think its a fair critique that the information released was misleading and I don’t think that any judgments that I have made to date are incorrect. Nothing that I have said has been contradicted.

With that said, I appreciate the response. Clearly, the “system” that you have rolled out in 0.35 with regard to evolutions is incomplete and currently disadvantages the player relative to the previous game state. Players will have to decide what their tolerance for these types of changes are as it is early access but even in early access players need an incentive to play, to continue to engage with content, and to provide feedback on that content. The system that was rolled out with regards to evolutions is currently the absence of content, not just in the short term but for as long as it takes for the next thing that you are hoping to release in 0.36. During that time, a core element of the game is functionally non-existent and the community has to keep engaging with that.

I look forward to continue to provide feedback as I have done to date, whether it is on bugs, content, or updates in an effort to help improve the game. As you said, the systems need to suit both the player, the developer, and the publisher. I will continue to be a voice for the player in this regards.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Devs may want to check the data on level 50-100 chests.

So far every report I have heard of glyphs, relics, and newly added resources seems to only be occurring on chests under level 50.

Most active forum players probably don’t open anything that isn’t a level 100 chest, as it is assumed that the highest level would also yield the highest loot.

3 Likes

I agree everything I have been observing has been on level 50 or 55 chests and zero from a 60 or up chest. This could be bias of users who are active, but it is still something to take a look at.

Also @Salty I do want to want to take the time to say thank you for responding and I appreciate your communications with the community.

Overall I think we would have preferred a broken old system for a little while longer than a system we cannot work within well.

I will keep trying for relics and hopefully by .36 I may have 1 or 2

1 Like

I understand your feedback, but I want to reiterate that this is not the intended primary source of Glyphs and Relics. Once the primary source is in game we can observe how players get these resources, and if it’s not enough we can then tweak either, or even both, the primary source and the chest drop.

I understand the drop is low now, but the drop is not our primary concern at this time, as we want to see how things go with the next update when the main source of these resources is introduced before changing the existing system. (Otherwise, what will likely happen is this… we change the drop rate for make players happy, new primary source of these resources is introduced and then players are getting too many too quickly, and we have to revert the drop rate to what it was, which will understandably upset players even further.)

1 Like

Not sure if you do. There is a concern that high level chests literally don’t have the new drops in them, as all reports of these new drops are on lower level chests and not max leveled chests. Seems weird that a good bulk of people opening at 100 seems to not get them, but the low amount of people opening on lower leveled chests do. There is likely a glitch or incorrectly input numbers somewhere that is overly skewing it against higher leveled chests.

In the current state of the game, I don’t think a single person would complain to that occurring for the month leading up to 0.36 and then being rolled back once it is out. The game from a progression standpoint is in a nearly unplayable state since 0.35.

2 Likes

We understand that the current drop rate from dungeon may be low since from what you explain, it seems that the main way to obtain relics and glyphs will be introduced in 0.36 and dungeon chests are just secondary way or so (NOT another primary way as mentioned in the patch note)

However what Tacet mentions here is kinda unrelated to the issue above.
The players in the early access notice that from the global chat & this forum, we have some players reporting that they obtain relics from Low level chests (chest Lv. 1-50).
Some of them are not even dungeon chests - but just regular chests.
Your patch notes mention that it should be obtained by completing dungeons.

On the other side there are many players who open a lot of Lv. 100 chests (including Ruby and Diamond) never see any Relics, Glyphs, Crystals drop.
Not a single player who open Lv. 100 chests says that they get a relic, glyph or crystal from them.
Not a single drop from the whole community who open Lv. 100 chests.

That is why we have a strong suspicion that maybe there are some errors in the coding which cause
relics, crystals, glyphs can drop from low level chests but they do not drop from high lvl or Lv. 100 chests.

We really hope that this issue/suspicion can be conveyed the devs and that this issue can be investigated.

Note:
Is it possible that it’s related to this bug? (the introduction of easy lv. dungeons may cause some glitch or shift on the drop percentage or something)

2 Likes

Hey Salty,

Why would a new resource be introduced without its primary source of dropping?
Seems like we’re completely stuck on evolving stuff until next update and that’s what is making the community uproar.

Any idea as to when that next update is to be expected? That could probably lower a bit of the tension if we had at least a reasonable time frame to look forward to.

3 Likes

I think we got it now, wait for the next upgrade. This is fair.

I think the biggest issue most of us had was lack of transparence because Patch 0.35 Notes had some very clear Sentences on Relics and how they would be received which are incongruent and misleading given what is really going on - that there will be a new feature.

My suggestion, PLEASE be more transparent.

If there is something that we as players need to wait for in another patch to really appreciate a change rolled out already, then please just say so. The whole searching endlessly, the funk created by the nonexistance, all the drama that ensued the patch could have been avoided by just saying what you (@Salty ) ended up saying anyways - “we rolled out relics, there is an infinitesimal chance in current systems but there will be a new feature” - you could even sell it in a way that we would anticipate the new feature rather than be all kinds of annoyed at searching for something that is written into the patch notes but really at a too low level to make a difference. The discussions on whether the game has become unplayable (no more evolution) would have been ended before it ever started (wait for new feature, this is early access).

So I am asking again - please be a bit mroe transparent.

The current player base on the forum is clearly mostly rooting for this game and willing to sit this all out. Just be clear on what you are doing without of course saying too much. But that relics were part of a new feature was clear to you when you rolled out the update I would hope. So you could have just said so.

2 Likes

What about in the meantime? What if something happens and the feature is delayed?

Would it not make sense to make a patch now buffing the Relic drop rates from dungeons, then nerf it down (to a lower yet still reasonable level) when the primary means of obtaining Relics becomes available?

2 Likes

Any chance you got an ETA of that update we talking Tuday? Or a month from now?
Flip a coin?

1 Like

Just saw my Daily Deals and saw two Glyphs in the shop…

Those are mighty, mighty expensive nowadays.

$10 USD in Crowns, or ~$18 USD in Gems.

Note: I believe that under the new shop, there are pricing tiers based on what is being upgraded. Accessory upgrades are cheapest, armor is more expensive, and weapon upgrades are the most expensive.

I don’t believe the 30k+ gold offers exist anymore in 0.35.

3 Likes

Well I’m glad there out there as far as the glyphs I cant say I have ever seen one for sale in a month or so. I havent seen anything in the store since the patch of 30 40 50 60k etc. SAD BECAUSE theres no place to spend gold…

2 Likes

Hoping this all elusive 0.36 patch game mode that seems to do everything also sinks gold.

They cut down gold expenses a lot in 0.35, making it seem like something soon will use all that gold.

2 Likes

I’m crossing my fingers toes and what nots in hope that it does!

It seems that the games suggestion when you hit full gold on an evolved auri is to just stop playing that much :joy:

1 Like

I just hear the soup guy’s (from Seinfeld) voice in my head everytime I complete a match: “No Gold for You”!

2 Likes

Epic not going to lie lol

1 Like

I have to admit, this turns out to be the most effective way of draining my gems. It feels so bad to sit at capped gold and continue playing that I keep refreshing the store for another round of useless crap, draining my gems like crazy.

I don’t even want to know how low the drop rate was for this (probably 0.1% just like salvaging), but this was definitely a thing that happened.

Dropped in a co-op Ruins of Lunarion dungeon run.

2 Likes

Glyphs have a very rare drop rate from chests, just a heads up. The primary way to get them is still.coming, but this drop rate is intended. (I triple checked with the team.)