[INVESTIGATING] Event Dungeon Issues

Platform, device and operation system

Samsung Note 20 Ultra, Android 11

What were you expecting to happen, and what actually happened

2 Issues:

1. Event leaderboards do not honor scoring ties and give rewards based on where the player is placed in the tie list at the time of Daily Reset.

2. Scoring in Events currently ignores healing by the player. This is causing all sorts of scoring havoc in the current Fire event dungeon, where triggering the burn effect by matching red gems (by direct match or skyfall) results in unrecoverable score loss for the player.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?

Always.

Steps to make it happen again

1. Place in a tie in an Event and not be the person at the top of the scoring list for the tie.

2. Partially unknown, as the scoring formula is not publicly known. In the current fire Event dungeon, incur multiple rounds of burn and then heal back to full life before the end of the dungeon. Observe scoring differential between awarded score and calculated score for clearing with full life.

1 Like

This has not been my experience. I have participated in 4 ties and received the max reward each time. This is not to suggest that there isn’t a problem; just sharing my experience.

I agree that this is what is happening. Is it a bug though? If they are using lost health as a metric, should that loss be ameliorated by a heal? I guess the question would be, if you lose more than the total of your life pool over the entirety of the event run, would you lose more points than someone who lost less life than you but finished with a smaller health pool? Just thinking out loud.

1 Like

Hey @Lyrian

I raised this with the development team.

We are investigating how a tie works on the leaderboards.

In regards to healing, your score is totalled at the end of each enemy battle the moment the enemy dies - so, per enemy.
If you were to heal at the end of the Dungeon, it would only count towards the score for the last enemy. This is working as intended.

Jeto - Support Human :woman_mage:t2:

1 Like