[Investigating] Guard's armor not replenishing armor in new PvP

Platform, device version and operating system
Android, Samsung Galaxy S29FE, Android version 13*

Screenshot or image
I’m sorry it’s not available.

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened
I’m wearing guard’s armor and matched more than 5 gems but didn’t get any armor back. Nothing happened and the match proceeded as normal to the next turn or to end. This happened a few times.

This is simply what you were trying to do and what happened instead. Example:
I was trying to get some armor back (am wearing guard’s armor), matched 5 gems, but nothing happened.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
I’ve only noticed it happening today. It happened in 2 matches, in which I matched 5 gems multiple times yet received no armor back for any of them.

Was this a once-off bug or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen after doinga particular game mode?
Consistent since I’ve noticed it in PvP (Restricted). I’ve yet to test other game modes for the same bug.

Steps to make it happen again
Start PvP with guard’s armor (mine in particular was restricted PvP mode, armor is purple and legendary).
Lose some armor
Match 5 gems, expecting to get some armor back as per the armor’s benefit.
Nothing happened.

We have been discussing that in this thread:
https://community.puzzlequest3.com/t/investigating-dwarves-boots-can-only-trigger-once-per-combat/

To confirm, the bonus is applied for making 5 individual matches or more (eg. 3 green, 4 yellow, 3 red, 5 blue & 3 purple) and not a match of 5 gems or more in a single match.

If you can grab a video/screen recording of this occurring and submit it in a ticket - that would be greatly helpful!

Hi Jeto, thanks for the speedy reply. I’m not sure why you linked to a post on dwarven boots tho.

The info text for Guard’s armor says “Gain X% of your Starting Armor when matching 5 or more gems in one match”, not “Gain X% of your Starting Armor when you make 5 or more matches in a turn”.

Oh my apologies! I’m lost in the sauce of Guard gear vs Dwarven Gear!

lol no worries!

Altho I was beginning to question my sanity “What. Is that really how guard’s armor has been working? This …whole… time…?! It can’t be…but he’s the dev. K K K let’s go back and read the description and make sure I haven’t forgotten how the the English language works” lol

I’ll keep a lookout for the bug and see if I can get more info for you.

1 Like