[INVESTIGATING] Update 0.39 - Redownloading .89 MB every time

Platform, device and operation system
Android 9, One Plus 3, Oxygen 9.0.6

What were you expecting to happen, and what actually happened
Every time I start up the game, I have to download an additional .89 MB in assets. During the first few times, I had to download them twice.
Expected:You download assets once, and then are done with the download.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Is this a once-off issue or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen in specific circumstances?
Every time I start up the game.

Steps to make it happen again
Please detail the steps taken to trigger this bug. The more detailed the breakdown, the easier it is for us to test in-house.
Start up the game?

additional info
Not experiencing the Unity issue referenced in other thread by Jeto.

4 Likes

Same issue happens here. Pixel 3A running Android 12.

Same. Xiaomi Poco 2 Pro running MIUI 12.5 and Android 11

Hey all,

Are you also experiencing this Unity error, that was reported in this thread?
https://community.puzzlequest3.com/t/investigating-update-0-39-unable-to-initialize-the-unity-engine

Jeto - Support Human :woman_mage:t2:

3 Likes

I’m not experiencing the Unity error but I am this issue. Though for me I usually have to re-download the .89 MB at least 2 or 3 times before the game actually starts. And this happens every single time I open the app, even if it only times out and forces a restart.

It happens both on my HP Chromebook running Version 94.0.4606.124 and my LG G8 ThinQ Android phone running Version 10.

Same issue with the .89 download on every start. No unity errors for me. Also, I only get it once per log in. I’m using Bluestacks, which I know is not officially supported. I’m just letting you know that its happening there too.

1 Like

I’m also having this issue with each launch/restart of the game
Samsung S21 Ultra

This is happening to me too. No unity error, just a download of 18.83 MB of data every single time I try opening the game.

1 Like

Hit app to play it throws you out of game… clear down the hit app again to get to main screen…I’m then asked to download 0.89 every time I log in…

Also experiencing the 0.89mb re-download at start up. On Android, LG Q7+.

Same issue. Samsung S20+

Same here - on all my android (11) devices. I am getting 3 kinds of issues:

• Unity Engine Error
  • Completely Black Screen - no errors
  • The prompt about 0.89 mb download - sometimes pop up few times in a row - after that game launches successfully.
    Basically I need to restart game 2-5 times everytime to launch the game.

Sony Xperia 10 III,
NOX Player - as Samsung Galaxy S10
LDPlayer - as Samsung Galaxy Note 10

Same issue here with a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra running Android 12.