[Reported - Fixed in Next Update] Update 0.39 unable to initialize the Unity Engine

Platform, device and operation system
Android 12 Google Pixel 6

What were you expecting to happen, and what actually happened
Updated the game today from 0.38 to 0.39, then launch the game and expect it to work. Instead get this:

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Seen 10+ times today since updating the game.

Steps to make it happen again
Update from 0.38 to 0.39 and launch the game.

Initially I got a message along the lines of not enough space to install update. I have over 100GB of free space (onboard memory). Closed and restarted to get this. Closed and restarted the app multiple times getting this each time.
Rebooted my phone, got this again. A few more attempts at closing the app and launching again it finally shows the Eveline screen and start connecting. Then after seemingly updating 500MB for a second time get this screen, which I have now had 5 times:

I did finally get in, played for a bit, closed the app. Launched it again an hour or so later - about to download 0.89MB update again.

1 Like

That 0.89 screen is annoying. I expect this is downstream of people complaining about the downloads on the old screens which were not with an ok button. See, they listened.

I’m getting the same error, using a Pixel 3A running Android 12. It looks like it may be a system memory issue, as if I close another hefty app (like Facebook), PQ3 starts up without the Unity Engine initialization error.

Hey all,

The developers jumped on this one straight away after the update, so the team is currently aware and investigating this Unity Error.

Is everyone also getting multiple prompts for downloads each time?

Jeto - Support Human :woman_mage:t2:

2 each game start or restart

I also have download prompts, both on mobile (Blackberry Motion) and tablet (Galaxy S6 lite)

Launch game - black screen - nothing happens. Force quit.

Launch game - black screen - Unable to initialize the Unity Engine. Force quit.

Launch game - loading… download 0.89MB update. Continue. Fails to reach game, cycles back around to prompt a second time download 0.89MB update… and finally we’re in.

I was hoping this would get picked up in some kind of quick hotfix since it seems to be errors in just launching the game. Or are we stuck with this until the next planned update which will come whenever it comes?

Up. Can we have any update on this bug?

It is more than a month now, yet no fix or any updates yet. Oh come on.

It’s worse now, it downloads close to 19MB of data, I can get in and play a few battles before the game slows to a crawl and hangs.

Hey everyone!!

The development team has looked into this and a fix for this will be out in the next update!

OminousGMan - Support Human :male_detective:

In light of the news earlier today / yesterday that the game will be launching as v1.0 on 1st March, are you planning to do an update between now and then or just focus on the 1st March launch?

v0.39.1.16137 and this is still happening several times per day.

It’s 2 months since update 0.39 introduced this bug on launch.

1 Like

Echoing @Avenger, people are negatively impacted by this for months; if the next update is not for another month, that seems very unproductive to helping players. Any chance the next update is sooner than March 1?

1 Like

Jeto said that the next update is the 1.0 release on March 1st. so no.

Too exhausted by all this bullshit to care anymore.

Looking forward to doing my Steam review of the game though.

3 Likes