[NOT A BUG] Challenge Dungeons not counting for difficulty completed

Platform, device and operation system
PC Via Bluestacks

What were you expecting to happen, and what actually happened

I expect that when I complete a dungeon at a specific difficulty (Difficulty X= level 100) that the dungeon in question would show that as my highest difficulty completed.

Currently, completing a daily challenge dungeon does not credit the player with having successfully fought and won that difficulty.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?

Every time I do a daily challenge dungeon, since the dungeon chest hotfix. It may or may not have been happening before that.

Is this a once-off issue or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen in specific circumstances?

Only when doing the daily challenge dungeons.

Steps to make it happen again
Please detail the steps taken to trigger this bug. The more detailed the breakdown, the easier it is for us to test in-house.

Do any daily challenge dungeon that is of a higher level than your current highest completed.

I hesitated to make a bug report, because its not clear whether or not this is intended. However, if it IS intended, I’d love to know the logic. There is no actual difference between doing a difficulty X dungeon and doing a corresponding level 100 daily dungeon.

Also, while I can’t prove this… it seems like we WERE getting credit before. I say this because I had 2 dungeons showing my highest level as difficulty X and at that point I had never done that difficulty level via the normal dungeon mode. I had only done it via the daily challenges.

FYI

I feel your pain.

Hey @Tresk

As @Sibelios has shared, this has been previously reported, and when followed up with the development team they confirmed that as the Challenge Dungeons are randomly selected from a pool, they in turn do not unlock the Dungeon Progress.

But again, this feedback has been passed on previously. And there is always a potential for this to be changed in the future, still being in early access.

Jeto - Support Human :woman_mage:t2:

@Jeto Yes, this is why I flagged the post with the message that I’d like to remove it as it was already addressed. :eyes: :rofl:

Although, since that didn’t happen and you are here… Would you have any idea why I have two dungeons that I never even tried above difficulty II that now say I have completed difficulty X? I had assumed it was from the dailies, but that is now obviously not the case.

I’m currently working on getting all my dungeons to difficulty X so I am not complaining about the head start on those two. But it strikes me as odd.

That’s on me!! Sorry fam, I saw the solved and was like… hold on, removed it and then realised :woman_facepalming:t2: I’m a goose.

I’m not 100% sure off the top of my head @Tresk

Do you have another character these were completed with? And is this still Challenge Dungeons?

haha I wish I had another character that could complete high difficulty dungeons. Alas, no. But, our completions do not carry over between our characters, at any rate.

The reason that I assumed I got the credit via the dailies is that the two dungeons, The Portal of Blood (CH15) and Ruins of Lunarian (CH 13) were ones that I had completed level 100 challenges in.

Weird co-incidence, but co-incidences happen! Unless it happens again, somewhere, I am going to assume that I must have done a couple of co-ops early on and completely forgot about them. :woman_shrugging:

I’ll keep my peepers on it @Tresk , just in case we start seeing more reports.

A nice bonus either way? :eyes:

1 Like

Could you have joined a party in which these level 100 dungeons were completed?

1 Like

As I said… that is what I am going to assume unless it happens again. I did go and check each dungeon when 36 went live, to make sure my progress was saved and do not remember seeing any at difficulty X. I also can say for absolute certain that I have done zero party dungeons, of any level, since 36. But I tried two or three back in 34.

But speaking of this…

Let’s assume those 2 or 3 party runs I did back in 0.34 are the reason I have completed difficulty X on two dungeons. (I’m going to tag @Jeto because this might be a good question for the team) If a newbie can get credit for difficulty X via a party dungeon, while not doing all of the other difficulties… why is that ok? But getting credit for soloing the same dungeon via the daily challenge is not?

I am absolutely ok with the intent for us to complete every difficulty to get the credit. I just think that limitation should be consistently applied? They both present a way to skip to the hardest dungeon. One counts, one doesn’t. I’d be interested to know if there is a logical reason for this, or if its merely some sort of coding limitation.

If I remember correctly (and take this with the largest grain of salt because my memory is typically terrible…just ask my wife), this was a bug during .34 that gave people full completion achievements for level 100 dungeons in a party. I think this was corrected in .35.

1 Like

If it was corrected, then its all good to me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey again all!

I followed this up with the team, currently this is the case. If you are in a party and haven’t completed that difficulty for the dungeon before, it will progress.
After bringing this up though, especially with the example of a new player vs someone who plays solo, it is something we will look in to, to find an alternative solution.

Also offered my own experience with Party mode, as I only play it with friends for a game together and not necessarily to progress my Dungeon difficulty. So I had not considered that compared to players who aren’t playing in Party, it could be an unfair advantage.

But this feedback has been passed on! With your comments @Tresk

1 Like

Hi Jeto, I don’t think the issue is that party runs of dungeons helps you progress towards achievements.

I think the issue is that if you have 0 achievements in a certain dungeon (meaning that you’ve never completed even the level 50 version), and then you join a party and run through the level 100 version of said dungeon, you will then get all 10 achievements for that dungeon in 1 run through.

However, like I said above, I think this was addressed in .35; you can only choose the dungeon level based on the qualifications of every party member, not just the leader. So if even 1 member of the party has not completed the level 50 run, then that is the highest level that leader can select to run. Once completed as a party, you can then run the level 55 difficulty, and so on.

I don’t think any of us would want to remove the functionality of party runs contributing towards achievements (in a fair way).

But I could be mistaken.

1. You say you think. Can you confirm?

2. My personal issue is not the rule, its the inconsistent application. So even if you need to do 50 to then do 55, in a party, to get credit for 55… you still don’t get credit for doing 55 solo in the challenges, even if you have completed 50. Does that make any sense?

Much appreciated, @Jeto!

I don’t think this is the case. I’ve run people through Level 100 Dungeons in party mode when their highest difficulty completed was much lower and once the run was complete, they have progression credit for Level 100. Because this option currently exists, I had reported the same situation as @Tresk regarding Daily Challenges not counting as a bug here:

1 Like

This didn’t use to be the case. You used to have to run party mode up too, so start at 50 and go up. Now, one or three in the party could of course be dead weight and be carried by someone strong, but each difficulty still needs to be beat consecutively. Liandros took me through way back when he was still towering above us. And I tried another time since then.

I don’t know when this was or wasn’t the case. I did 3 party fights back in 34 and that was it. One of those I got lagged out. The other two were completed. We are assuming that is how I got credit for 2 level X dungeons. If it WAS how I got the credit, then I have to say we went right to that level. No working up to it.