Patch Notes 1.4 - The Fallen Order

Hi I want to know if this skin is the one included in the Platinum Pass or are both obtainable within the Season.

1 Like

Oh, that’s awesome! I do put a lot of effort into them, so it’s great to hear that they’re so well received. Looking forward to hearing what you have to say, and hope everything goes well for you while you’re so busy! (Also, isn’t that always how vacations go? It seems you have a great time while you’re on them, and then all the work piles up and you’re swamped when you get back. No matter how long or short they are. Haha.) Hope you have a great weekend too!

2 Likes

So just to confirm, the set bonus is checking at what point “whenever the board state changes”?

For example, I match 8 skulls and other various gems during the gem matching stage; the skulls are counted up, along with the other gems, and then damage is applied. Was the bonus for the board state based on the board before the matching began? or is it based on the board state after the matches are made, gems cascades are finished, final gem matches are totaled, and then based on the resulting board state the bonus to power is applied and damage is dealt.

Another example:

This weapon was the subject of much discussion on the forums and we demonstrated repeatedly that the check for “board state” was somewhere between the end of matching and the start of the hero’s turn before any start of turn effects (e.g. Firewalker Ring Red Gem creation does not get counted). There was even an official response about the mechanics of this weapon:

There was confusion about the timing of Twinblade ability because the description was inadequate. Supposedly this was being brought to the attention of the developer.

Other than the use of the words “Gain” on the Fallen-III Set Bonus and “Add” on the Bloodfang Twinblade, they are descriptively the same. So when you say"whenever the board state changes", do you actually mean when the board state changes only as @Jeto described in the case of the Bloodfang Twinblade? Or is there additional “board state” checking with the Fallen Set Bonus. It would be nice if there was more clarity around these types of descriptions since there is a huge difference between a constantly fluctuating bonus based on the ever-changing “board state” vs. a once-per-turn check that occurs after matching is resolved.

6 Likes

Obviously an official answer would be best but I would assume that the Fallen Skin is Platinum Pass purchase only. So far the Skins that are purchasable with seasonal currency are the “secondary mastery” skins, like Fire Paladin, or Light Shaman. The Fire Warlock should be of that variety. The Season Skins (Dreamhold Berserker; Underworld Assassin (from Season 1.2 “The Broken Tree”); and Khazdhuli Paladin) were all Platinum Pass premiums.

2 Likes

UI Feedback:

This is better. Now add spell cost.

4 Likes

Hi @Jeto and @Kafka, I was wondering whether 1.4 will address the Steam Exclusives (paid items) bug that was posted last May?

1 Like

Hey all,

I have just added the following to the bottom of the patch notes under Known Issues

I should also have an update on the Steam DLC items this week, but at this stage, any changes made will not be rolling out with 1.4 but separately. I post here or update this comment as soon as I have that info.

2 Likes

Any update on the negative total for PVP points? Still seeing those too. It’s minor, but annoying.

Have some free time while waiting for the patch, so figured I would write up my thoughts on the rest of the update.

First off, you all mentioned the length of this update in the reply to me. I agree and think it would have been better to split the patch notes into a part 1 with the new season and a part 2 with the non-seasonal stuff. Then you would have also had more room to address players’ concerns.

Gear

Fallen Quarterstaff

…That’s a quarterstaff? No way, that’s flat and sharp with a handle, like a blade. It would have been cool to have a quarterstaff weapon, but that’s not anywhere near round enough to be one. Ability seems decent? Better than some at least. But can a chance to freeze really compete with something like Esgaard Flail or Twinblade?

Fallen Mantle

Design is cool. Ehhh, an ability based on taking damage. Those always seem worse than other ones, because the entire idea is that you don’t want your enemy to damage you. And only 5%!? This one seems… really not great. I could be wrong, but that’s my first impression of it.

Fallen Gauntlets

Ooh, those look cool. I like the skull motif too, and the spiky glove ends. The ability only works if Freeze is inflicted on yourself? Ehh, the effect itself seems good, but I don’t like that you have to rely on the enemy statusing you. Seems very situational.

Fallen Shoulderguards

Another very cool design. And I missed the skull the first time! Neat. Ability relies on taking damage… that’s not quite so bad as some of these types of abilities, as it’s any type of damage, and then you gain some survivability after. As long as the enemy doing damage to your armor/resistance counts. Seems like it could be interesting. The question is if it will be enough to compete with other shoulder options.

Fallen Ring

Very spiky and looks painful to wear! But another cool design. That ability seems… not great in multiple ways. For one, it will encourage the T0 meta (without a starting mana cap). And if we have an ability like that intentionally, it could mean the devs are leaning into the T0 meta, which would make most of us players very, very unhappy. On the other hand, for normal use, that chance seems too low and unreliable to depend on, but also too high to just have it happen casually without it messing up your spell order or turn plan. You’re introducing so much RNG into your setup and build. I can’t really see any way this ability makes sense.

Fallen Belt

Impressed with the design yet again. And finally an ability that is a useful type (just straight up based on gems on the board rather than needing yourself to be damaged or statused). But… speed. Speed is kinda a dud effect. Most of us players can match fast enough where we don’t need speed bonuses. So ultimately, despite a bit of promise, it’s another subpar item.

Set Bonuses

Freezing the enemy, when matching skulls, nice. That seems useful.

Ooh, skull gem creation. I like that. That seems pretty useful as well.

Power for each skull on the board? That’s very useful as well.

All in all, these bonuses all seem useful, and far better than the ones on the individual pieces. The placement of the items seems nice as well, because it allows for things like Savior’s Helm and Royal Leggings to be used with it.

Legendary Item

Ooh, this seems to have a nice ability. I could see myself using it over the helms currently in the game. It’s certainly a much nicer ability than the belt (which I was rather disappointed in).

And the design is cool. Though I’m not sure it’s the type of helm I would want to be wearing all the time as a hero of light/goodness? It fits with the Fallen Order set very well, and is definitely a cool design, but personally wouldn’t be the helm I would design for an ultimate set for a good aligned hero.

(As a side note, why are all of these abilities worded so weirdly (in first person for example)? “At the beginning of my turn”? Why not “at the beginning of the hero’s turn”?)

Spells

I don’t have much to say about these without experimenting with them. Most seem to be interesting and potentially useful at the very least, which is good. And the spell icons seem fitting.

Minions

Minions currently don’t matter too much, except for opening chests, so I’m more interested to see their actual stats when they’re released. So nothing to say for now. I do quite like the designs though. They look very cute.

New Skins

Necromancer

I really like the ice effects, but I think those are mostly art, unfortunately. Other than that, at first I was rather disappointed by the design still featuring boob armor (one of my least favorite things) and a loincloth for the female. But I see that she actually is featuring full top armor now, and leggings/a body suit underneath her armor and loincloth, making her design far more covering than her original one, which I’m happy about (please don’t complain at me for this, real-life people have a right to wear what they want to, but as a female, looking at scantily clad females in games makes me, personally, feel uncomfortable). If this had been her starting design rather than her original one, I probably would have been okay playing with her. Though I do still really wish it didn’t feature boob armor still. (And the open-mouthed skull on her crotch is rather poorly placed. If it lacked that dangling jaw, it would be fine and up high enough, but as it is….)

Other than that, I wish the designs actually changed more. These ones are cool, but still seem rather close to the original. Most of the designs we’ve gotten have been the same outfit, even down to the same cut mostly, with just some of the details and perhaps what it’s made out of changed. More variety would be nice, especially if we have to actually pay for them.

Warlock

…Exactly the same with the colors changed, even down to the vines. Couldn’t there at least have been flames instead of vines? (And all the things I still hate about the female Warlock’s design) These designs seem to have even less things changed than usual. Necro’s second design, for the male, changed the facemask so that it was a full-covering one instead of a half-covering one and had a different design. Paladin’s second skin had a different helmet design. Berserker’s third skin gets rid of the fur bits and adds flowers to make it feel more tropical. I didn’t like the resulting design for all of these, but appreciated the effort and the changes made. It might be because of the time crunch, but these designs just seem like straight recolors, which is disappointing. I would rather wait longer and get something good then get a lot of designs that are just recolors.

So in conclusion, I’m not too excited for the new skins, unfortunately. The Necro designs are somewhat cool, but doesn’t go quite far enough in changes. And the Warlock skins really drop the ball, I think.

Conclusion

So yep, those were my thoughts on the seasonal stuff- good set bonus but disappointing gear. Good legendary item, which is exciting. And unexciting skins.

1 Like

Hey all,

Just an update on 1.4, we are currently just awaiting the all clear from one of the platforms, to be able to push the update to live.
Don’t want to release the update on 2/3 platforms as this could cause issues in parts of the game, such as Kingdoms!

Will keep you all updated in the separate official thread I am about to create.

Jeto (she/they) - Support Human :woman_mage:t2:

2 Likes

Thank you, Jeto! :smiley: Much appreciated!

Unable to reforge element on Lucky Clover Rings, the ring is not selectable
Apparently you have to “unheart” (deselect as Favorite) from the Gear menu then go back to the Crafter menu to reforge

Success after unfavoriting:

Just posting here, working on a new thread shortly!

FYI. Tried rerolling gear attributes.

It’s all attributes at once and you can roll equally bad attributes on the reroll. 200 Gems per try until the player gets “lucky” with a reroll.

Plus Ore, don’t forget the Ore

In fact after a poor reroll you could even blame the Ore

Food can now be spent to open chests faster from the Inn screen… but the end-of-battle screen where the chest first appears still requires Gems to open?

@Lyrian the Food is used to speed up a Minion who has been sent to open the chest, Food is not another resource like Gems that can be used to open Chests.

Can food be used to speed up Adhakus?

Also it appears that the previous attribute assignments associated with gear sets has either been realigned or just opened up entirely so that any attribute can be rolled on any gearset

@Jeto , did the mechanic for adding movement time in a given turn when making multiple matches change?

My in-match movement timer is all over the place. Sometimes I get negligible time (or none at all) when making a match, and sometimes I’m seeing as much as +0.6 or +0.7 seconds added to the time on a single match-3.

Also, is it intended that the timer shows as “full” if more than 2.0 seconds are remaining on the timer?