Patch Notes 1.4 - The Fallen Order

Update 1.4 – The Fallen Order – Patch Notes

Notice: These patch notes are being posted prior to the release of the update. Update 1.4 will be releasing October 26th at 12:01 AM UTC // October 25th at 5:01 PM PDT

All dates listed above are 00:00 (GMT/UTC)

Values in bold are affected by the rarity or element of the item.

Fallen Quarterstaff (Weapon)

Generals of the Fallen Order carried a staff to signify their rank.

• When dealing damage of this item’s gem color, there is a 25-40% chance to apply Freeze to the enemy for 4 turns

Fallen Mantle (Body)

Now old and tattered, these mantles were once finely embroidered.

• When taking damage, there is a 5% chance to create a mix of 2-5 purple and blue gems.

Fallen Gauntlets (Gloves)

The skull motif on these gloves signify a Fallen Knight who has seen battle.

• If inflicted with Freeze, gain 25-40% Crit Chance

Fallen Shoulderguards (Shoulders)

The intricate metalwork on these pauldrons gives them great durability.

• After taking Damage, gain 0.5-2% of Max Armor and Resistance for each skull on the board

Fallen Ring (Ring)

Once worn, these sharp rings were painful and difficult to remove.

• There is a 2-8% chance each turn to fill one of your blue or purple spells

Fallen Belt (Belt)

Though much of the Fallen Armor is broken, these belts have endured well.

• Gain 2-5 Speed for each Skull on the board.

Fallen Set Bonus

Fallen I (2 piece set bonus)

• Freeze the Enemy for 1/2/3/4/5/6 turns when 5 or more skulls are matched
      • Gain 5-30% All Elemental Damage Reduction if facing Season 1.4 Fallen Order enemies.

Fallen II (4 piece set bonus)

• 5-30% chance to create a Skull Gem at the start of turn.
      • Gain 5-30% Melee & Missile Damage Reduction if facing Season 1.4 Fallen Order enemies.

Fallen III (6 piece set bonus)

• Gain 1-6% Power for each Skull on the board.
      • Gain 5-30% Power if facing Season 1.4 Fallen Order enemies.

Available only in the Cache items in the Season shop, this item will drop at Legendary rarity.

Worn by the most powerful commanders of the Fallen Legion, these helms are very finely wrought.

At the start of my turn, there is a 60% chance to upgrade 1/2/3/4 gems’ Tiers by 1.

Values in bold are affected by the rarity or element of the spell.

Bless The Dead (90 Yellow Mana)

• Destroy all Skulls and Deal 0.7x Light Damage, and 1-6% chance per skull destroyed to gain a barrier.
  • (Level: Damage, Rarity: Chance of Barrier)

Burn the Dead (150 Red Mana)

• Deal 1.25x Fire Damage and Destroy all Skulls. Boost damage by +1-6% for each skull destroyed.
  • (Level: Damage, Rarity: Damage Boost)

Fortify the Dead (80 Purple Mana)

• Remove all Skull Gems. Gain 1-6% max armor for each skull removed. Gain 0.5x Resistance.
  • (Level: Resistance, Rarity: Armor)

Thaw the Dead (160 Blue Mana)

• For each Skull on the board Heal 0.1x Life. Then convert 3-8 Blue Gems to Skulls.
  • (Level: Heal, Rarity: Number of Converted Gems)

Helmwing

• Speedy
  • PvP Spell: Wyrmstrike (50 Mana)
    • Deal 0.8x Fire Damage. Inflict Poison on the enemy for 4 turns
    • Poison: Poisoned characters take extra damage each turn

Chickatrice

• Speedy
  • PvP Spell: Deadly Gaze (65 Mana)
    • Deal 1x Poison Damage, + 10% per skull on the board. 10% chance per skull to deal an extra 1x Melee Damage.

Boneshot

• Mighty
  • PvP Spell: Command Legion (75 Mana)
    • Deal 1x Physical Damage and remove all skulls from the board. Deal +10% extra damage as Ice Damage for each skull removed.

Mimikin

• Cunning
  • PvP Spell: Corner Prey (75 Mana)
    • Deal 1.25x Dark Damage, and inflict Terror on the enemy for 4 turns.
    • Characters inflicted with Terror only receive half the benefits from positive status effects like Barrier and Haste.

A rare sort will always feel at home amongst the Fallen.

A complex ritual with arcane runes and ancient appeals to darkness… Or… Fire?

We’re very excited to be bringing you our first round of Follower updates! This time around we’re focusing on gear, so we’ve picked out three of our good friends and given them the ability to:

• Craft new items (See Crafting below)
  • Both at random and by specific selection
  • Reforge old ones (See Reforge below)
  • Change gear attributes and elements of at random or by selection
    • If you don’t like the Reforged item, you can always keep the original!

Followers that craft gear now have new options available. Items can now be crafted by selecting certain features such as the gear slot, element type and gear set.

Several Followers have new crafting abilities with future support for Darkhunter for Rune and Scroll crafting.

Eveline Updates

• Removed abilities to exchange relics to specific Tier I, II & III since those type no longer exist
  • Removed duration on exchanging, these abilities are now instant

Toragon

Level 1 – Craft random armor

Level 15 – Craft random armor for a chosen Slot

Level 25 – Craft random armor for a chosen Set

Level 35 – Craft armor for a specific Slot and Set

All these abilities are now instant

Gemka

Level 1 – Craft a random Accessory

Level 15 – Craft a random Accessory for a chosen Slot

Level 25 – Craft a random Accessory for a chosen Set

Level 35 – Craft an Accessory for a specific Slot and Set

Soulchaser

Level 1 – Craft a random Weapon or Shield

Level 15 – Craft either a random Weapon or a random Shield

Level 25 – Craft a random Weapon or Shield for a specific set

Level 35 – Craft a Weapon or Shield specifically for a chosen Set

Some Followers can now change an existing item’s Attributes or Element through a new ability called “Reforge”.

• Any Reforged attributes or elements will be different to what the item currently has. In the case of Attributes, this only applies to the specific slot the attribute is in (i.e the same Attribute may appear in another slot).
  • After Reforging an item that has a random component to the result, you may choose whether to keep the original or Reforged item.

Toragon

Level 40 – Reforge Attributes on Armor

Level 45 – Reforge Element on Armor

Level 50 – Reforge specific Element on Armor

Gemka

Level 40 – Reforge Attributes on Accessories

Level 45 – Reforge Element on Accessories

Level 50 – Reforge specific Element on Accessories

Soulchaser

Level 40 – Reforge Attributes on Weapons & Shields

Level 45 – Reforge Element on Weapons & Shields

Level 50 – Reforge specific Element on Weapons & Shields

With so many different items and resources in the game, it’s really difficult to put together packs for our players that would actually be consistently useful.

So now you can create your own!

Flash offers will now appear allowing players to choose one or more of a given resource such as Runes and Scrolls.

Flash offers will now appear allowing players to choose unlocked item features in order to receive a more tailored item, similar to the new Follower Crafting system!

• Shards have now been collapsed into a single rarity per type, with the following conversion rates:
    • Minor 1:1
    • Lesser 1:2
    • Greater 1:4
    • Major 1:8
    • Superior 1:12

• Tier I, II & III Relics have been collapsed into a universal Relic type per rarity:
    • Rare Relic
    • Epic Relic
    • Legendary Relic

• Tier I, II & III Relics have been collapsed into a universal Relic type per rarity:
    • Rare Relic
    • Epic Relic
    • Legendary Relic

Tier IV Relics have been renamed to match their Gear Set names, and they still use their Tier IV Relic Icons:

• Guard Relic
    • Royal Relic
    • Savior Relic
    • Dwarven Relic
    • Dragonguard Relic
    • Firewalker Relic
    • Warlord Relic
    • Night Relic
    • Serpentine Relic
    • Jeweled Relic
    • Runic Relic
    • Esgaard Relic
    • Elven Relic
    • Bone Relic
    • Bloodfang Relic
    • Khazdhuli Relic
    • Flametree Relic
    • Dreamhold Relic

After our launch of Update 1.3 we received a lot of really great feedback from the community on quality of life tweaks we could make that would improve the experience. While we haven’t been able to implement everything just yet, we have made several improvements!

Detail View

• You can now select Detailed View in the Vault, and whilst in this mode you can toggle whether to show names. The game will remember your choice!

Updated Borders

• We have also updated the item borders in the Vault in a way that we hope will better reflect the rarity of the Gear, Spells and Minions!
  • We have tinted the color of the ribbon with the Level information to match the item rarity.
  • Please let us know what you think of these updated borders. We’re continuing work on making rarity clearer to read.

• New Autoplay options have been added to the Settings Menu allowing the Autoplay to perform specific actions on the Altar Select, and Potion Screens
    • Altar Menu: (new default is Enabled) – When Enabled, the Autoplay will now automatically pick an Altar in Dungeons, and continue the battle without any player interaction. When Disabled, the Autoplay will wait until an Altar is selected.
    • Potions Menu: (default is Disabled) – When Enabled, the Autoplay will skip the Potion Menu without applying any Potions to your hero, and continue the battle without any player interaction. When Disabled, the Autoplay will now wait for the player to pick what potions they want to use, and once confirmed, the Autoplay will continue battling.

• The hero profile menu now displays the Kingdom name and join date
  • Player Gear Score is now shown in Follower Side Quests
  • Updated Follower upgrade UI to offer better upgrading options and to more clearly show the effects when leveling the follower.

• You will now not get a Join Kingdom pop-up until Level 10
  • Minions now speed up with Food instead of Gems!
    • The cost for this is 120 Food per hour remaining.
  • The base food cap has increased from 600 to 3000
  • We’ve front-loaded the turn taking time to help newer players be able to make more moves per turn. Previously you’d get 0.2s extra per match you made, regardless of how many you made. Now you’ll get 0.5s, 0.375s, and 0.25s for the first three matches respectively, and then 0.125s for every match after that.

• Fixed crashes when loading into a battle
  • Fixed soft locks in battles caused by big gems being blown up before updating their level
  • Abyssal Channel should no longer be able to replace purple gems when creating the red gems portion of the spell
  • Brimstone should buff correct masteries

• Fixed Frost Bolt, Ice Storm, and Cold Snap spells using the wrong icons.

• When receiving Kingdom Defense rewards for a failed defense with gold tier rewards earned, the rewards mail showed two silver medals instead of a silver and gold.

• Salvage UI fails to load after dismissing the warning ‘unable to salvage last weapon’ pop up message
    • Global Mail with No Rewards still shows Rewards to Collect
    • Sound effects delay in sped up battles
    • Mass Salvaging Minions doesn’t update the display

Additionally:

• Salvaging Gear is visually displaying the wrong total of Shards received, but the correct total is being added to your inventory. This is a visual issue.
7 Likes

Thank you very much for releasing this! Makes me feel much happier about today. Just slowly working my way through the notes now.

I’m looking forward to the relic and shard changes.

Of course there is new gear but we still have the same inventory storage problem.

3 Likes

That’s some very major changes that are incoming, which of course brings questions:

• Can you provide the resource costs for the reworked followers for their crafts at each tier and for reforging?

• Season relics: Does this mean that an universal Rare, Epic, and Legendary relic will be buyable in the Season shop each week, as there are no longer any Season specific Tier 1-3 relics anymore? Also, for Platinum Pass Season holders, will the Seasonal Tier 4 relic still be sold?

• Attribute reforging: Are attribute rerolls all attributes at once (outside of the fixed first attribute), or does the player have any control over which attributes are rerolled or not?

3 Likes

The difference between epic and legendary spells is too minimal and they look very similar at first glance.

Identical level capped spells at the same rarity I am assuming will still need messing around with 10 UI clicks to figure out which is the lower level to salvage? While this is a rare occurrence it’s still annoying AF when it happens.

Are we getting an option to sort gear into sets with a single option press in the UI or are you still making us type out strings?

I must say collapsing of the shards and relics is one of the best changes to come to PQ3. Not only will this make upgrading easier and clearer, but newer players will be able to enjoy easier gameplay. Please make the relic drops better, that will be the icing on the cake.

3 Likes

I have to look at the Season news later, because I was too excited about the changes to the game itself to absorb them properly. But here’s my feedback on the game changes:

Followers and Reforging

The Follower changes look absolutely amazing. Their new abilities seem useful in exactly the right ways, and the levels at which and ways in which they improve make sense and seem like they will make upgrading Followers rewarding. The way the abilities are divided up among the Followers makes sense too, and was nicely done. Reforging seems to be everything players were hoping for (I have lots and lots of words I could say about this, since I’m really happy about it, but these ones sum it up). (Also, I like the new graphics representing the new system.)

The one big question is the cost (I’m guessing it’s still being debated, which is why it wasn’t included). That could make or break the system. Equipment creation and reforging being instant makes me nervous that it’s going to have a super high cost. Hoping that’s not the case, and the cost will be reasonable. (If it’s relevant, when it comes down to it, I’d prefer lower cost but waiting over really high cost but instant. Instant is very nice, but not at the price of an inflated cost.)

Eveline being updated to reflect the new changes is good, but hopefully she’s still on the list of followers to be revamped in the future so she can actually be useful.

Darkhunter was originally supposed to be part of this update. Guess he’s being reworked in the future instead? That’s fine, but it would be nice if you told us directly when you change from what you told us you were going to do (‘we planned to do x but are doing y instead’ or even just ‘we aren’t doing x anymore because of reason z but are still deciding what to do instead’). I didn’t quite understand what the line about him (‘…with future support for Darkhunter for Rune and Scroll crafting’) meant, but I’m hoping that it means he’s getting reworked. And hopefully he’ll also be able to give Glyphs, as he wouldn’t be very useful (with the game’s current system for Runes, Scrolls, and Glyphs at least) if he just gave Runes and Scrolls. End game players get plenty of runes and scrolls from chests (and are walled by Glyphs) so they’d have little use for him.

I think the only other thing I have to say about Followers and Reforging is: could we maybe have either no chance or a severely reduced chance to get off element attributes when rerolling (for example firestrike on an ice weapon)? That was one of players’ main frustrations with attributes. And the rerolling of the new system will definitely help in getting around that. But it would be even better if we didn’t have to deal with getting those terrible attributes in the first place.

Offers

The ‘create your own offers’ is actually a pretty neat idea. This is a great improvement to offers! I’m actually kinda sad I won’t be able to experiment with any of these as a player with limited cash to spend. Also, hopefully these are reasonably priced, since I can see that being an issue (based on how overpriced everything in the game generally is).

Maybe as an extension of this idea, for some of the holidays you could have an event or two (like the recent mini holiday one that was focused on doing certain things such as fighting x number of battles) where the ultimate reward is a customizable bundle like for the offers (but with more limited options)? That would give f2p players a taste of using bundles, maybe coax some players who are on the fence about certain offers into seeing their value and purchasing, and make the rewards for those more exciting.

Shard and Relic Changes

I was super, super excited after reading about these changes. I had hoped for a consolidation of upgrading resources similar to this, but thought it was one of those ideal dreams that would never happen. So to hear that that type of change was actually happening was amazing! I think this will make the game a lot easier for new players to understand, and help older players not have to spend so much time on resource management.

The way the changes are being done (with the conversion and the way things are being renamed) seems optimal to me. So pretty happy.

Now we just have to see how it plays out in-game. There might be some unintended wrinkles with the new system that come up and have to be ironed out, but overall it looks like it will feel quite good and be a big improvement.

Also, as a side note, I like the new relic designs a lot.

I wish the shard designs had been changed up a bit if they were going to represent the entire category of shard, as they’re fitting but a bit simple (for example, the armor one uses the Greater Armor Shard, which has a shield on it, which I always found cool, but at the same time it seems it should have looked fancier if it’s representing the entirety of armor shards. However, if shards had existing ones, then I think the ones chosen were generally the ones that were the most fitting out of the available options, so nice job there.

One question for this: are the methods by which players obtain things or drop rates going to be changed as part of this? I’m having a bit of trouble imagining how acquisition of things would work, since I don’t think it could stay exactly the same. Could it?

Inventory Tweaks

THE TILES ARE BIG NOW!!! As I told my kingdom, that news is exciting enough to deserve caps. Thank you 1000x over for changing this.

The name is also big and readable now. Though level and power level for gear is still a bit small and weirdly placed. The break of the bar in the middle is an improvement over what was first shown though. Perhaps at minimum these two things can just be stretched to take up a bit more horizontal space? That would both make them slightly bigger (and thus more readable) and a bit better places so they seem less like they’re just floating oddly. No names on the sets actually equipped on the hero still, so memorization of which piece is which is still required there. Also, players often want to be able to share their sets, and no text on equipped gear is a major drawback when understanding each other’s builds.

As for the borders, the new fancy corners are cool, and I like the way the border for the rare items is a very pretty shade of blue-silver. Epic, Legendary, and Mythic items all having gold borders, with just the gems in the corners changed, makes it hard to tell them apart just based on border. It would be nicer if they followed the model of the rare borders better (purple-gold or purple-silver for Epics, gold or orange-gold for Legendaries and red-gold borders for Mythics) Also, in the case of some of them (like middle image in gear vault), the corners extend too far out, making the image look circular instead of square.

Detailed vs non-detailed is still eh (I think the insistence on making text optional instead of a standard will prevent the detailed view from being as nice as it could be, and that it has already had an effect in how the detailed view was designed) but I guess now stats on how many players use detailed vs non-detailed view will be available. So we’ll see what the data says. (I’d actually be quite interested, even just for the sake of the knowledge itself unrelated to anything else, to see the stats on this.)

The hero model is still a major focus in the equip screen, and the overall poor layout is still the same, which makes it still a downgrade from 1.2 for me. Bigger tiles for the equip screen as well are extremely nice, but don’t help enough with the core issues. I’m really hoping this is just one thing that there wasn’t enough time to fully work on (which is understandable).

Perhaps you can give us one or two specifics of things you wanted to work on in the inventory screen but weren’t able to as examples? Your vision as devs and our vision as players has been so different that I think we’re all a little worried about what the end goal/vision is still. Knowing a bit more detail would help a lot with this.

Autoplay Changes

Ooh, those changes sound great! They fix one of my biggest problems with autoplay, and I also like the way they’re implemented, with the option to turn them on and off.

Now if a minimum match limit for the AI would be implemented (my other biggest pet peeve with it is how it sometimes only does one match, and often does just two, causing you to lose often just because of the limited damage and mana even when you’re more than powerful enough to beat the fight) and autoplay enabled for multiplayer (perhaps even just for fights where you outpower the fight by a certain amount) all of my issues with autoplay would be fixed. 1/3rd of the way there! But in the meantime, I’m definitely going to be enjoying this change a lot.

Kingdom-Related Changes

You can see what kingdom players are from now! That’ll be great.

And I like that Kingdoms are only advertised to players once they hit lvl 10. I think that change will help reduce the number of guilds who have slots filled by players who try out the game and then leave.

Minions and Food

This is an application I never thought of for food at all, so it’s very interesting. It seems like it would work well, in theory at least. It’s a use that’s very nice, but not mandatory, so early-game players can still save food to level their Followers without missing out on anything.

Could food perhaps be used to reduce a minion’s cooldown time as well? I think I’d find that an even more useful application of food.

Also, yay about the higher base food cap.

Bug Fixes

Yay, spell icons are being fixed! No more spells with the same icon! (At least, this is what I understood this to mean.)

Warlock Brimstone buff is being fixed, good. As well as some of the freezing bugs for battle.

Aww, the visual glitch I’ve been having for at least a month and a half now wasn’t mentioned at all in the known errors or in the fixed bugs. I keep hoping it gets fixed soon, because it’s really annoying me.

Glaring Omissions

Now time for some not-so-good stuff: the stuff the update, once again didn’t address.

Inventory Space

Inventory space isn’t mentioned at all. And isn’t fixed or changed… yet again… How long has it been since we were promised this ‘shortly’ now? And yet again, months later, such a major issue for players isn’t addressed at all, even to mention it’s still being worked on. That’s two updates in a row now where it hasn’t been mentioned at all. It was ridiculous last time. It’s even more so this time, if it’s even possible for it to be so.

Yes, we understand that whatever new system you want isn’t ready. But you can’t just leave things the way they are right now and expect players to deal in the meantime. You have to at least offer us a temporary solution. If nothing else, just temporarily increase our inventory slots until the new system can be developed. But we need something. Please. I can’t even be excited for the new seasonal gear because I don’t have any space for it, and I’ve heard other players say similar things. I don’t even have enough space for my regular sets, as my post from September should have illustrated. For the game to continue to function well, we need more inventory space.

And we need communication about what’s going on with this.

Battles Screen

So we’re going to be stuck with the terrible Battle Screen with half of the stuff hidden and everything jammed on the same page for another month or two? Please no, I don’t think I can take it that long. Can we get some sort of temporary change? Even just downsizing the icons so they all fit on one page? Or making more than one tab and dividing stuff between them? It doesn’t have to look great or be an amazing innovation. Just be more functional than what we have now.

Gear Upgrades Automatically Set At Max Upgrade Level

This topic originally came up in March. We’ve had numerous promises to fix this since then (Kefka in the March topic outright says he has enough feedback to put in a QoL request), but no tangible results. Despite numerous complaints such as this one.

Legitimate question: is it really that hard to just not have it default to the max level? What’s been the wait on doing anything about this? Especially when it’s such a massive issue with players and has the potential to make them quit the game out of frustration.

Music Bugs

One is the issue that some players have had all the way since official launch where they have no music. The other is the victory music loop issue (which was fixed then revived again). Neither of these bugs will be fixed in the upcoming update, and they’re not mentioned at all in the notes. Please let us know what’s going on with them.

Mana Cap

T0 PVP is ruining the arena right now and making it not worth it to put effort in. Players were promised that the devs would at least consider it, but there’s been no news since then. And with this update, there’s a ring that has a chance to fill mana, which swings the meta even more towards T0. Someone from my kingdom had the perfect quote about why T0 sucks: they said it “seems like a contempt of the game’s most fundamental principle, matching gems…”. We play the game to match gems, not cast spells asap. And we don’t play it to be frustrated at the arena either. So please, put a mana cap into place like players have been begging you to do for a very long time now, so the game can stay about matching and stay fun. It would take one line of code wouldn’t it (something like ‘if starting mana >! x, starting mana = x (where x is standing in for whatever amount is ideal for mana to start at (probably 1 below the lowest possible spell cost))?

Kingdom Defense Fixes

After all of the promises about Kingdom Battle fixes, another update has come without any changes. Or even any solid plans. You asked for feedback at one point, and we all gave it. And then… you just didn’t bother to implement any of it. Not even the small, simple changes. How long until we get an Overkill mode, and other Kingdom Defense fixes?

Other Disappointments

• Bottom navigation isn’t being changed at all, so it’ll still be a pain.
  • No text returning for the icons in the top nav bar.

My list of what I need at minimum to keep playing was:

• Larger icons (for everything that was made smaller, such as the chests, gear, etc)
  • relocated gear button
  • Battles not being all on one screen and requiring scrolling
  • More info on gear, spell, and minion icons (name added back at minimum)
  • Sorting being similar to 1.2 again (can sort items by type of equipment without having to select a slot on your character first, sorts not only greying things out, no more multiple taps on the same thing doing something different for each tap, etc.)

Out of these, we’ve gotten larger icons for gear (not for chests or anything else I think) and more info on gear, spells, and minions icons. So 1.5 out of 5 (I’ll be generous and say 1.75 out of 5 because bigger gear icons were a big deal). … I just don’t think I can bear dealing with the game without these changes. I’m still playing a fair amount, but I’ve noticed I’m playing less than I used to, when I was always in the game, just because I can’t stand the new UI.

I mean, can’t the gear icon be moved to the right side at minimum? That’s not a hard change, and would make a big difference.

Conclusion

So altogether, we got some great changes that were absolutely amazing. And I’m really excited for the update now! You devs have clearly been working hard, and it shows.

And yet other changes we’ve been promised didn’t even get a mention. We deserve to be kept updated when plans change at minimum.

On the bright side, perhaps, just maybe, amidst all the bug squishing you might have time to slip in one or two changes that wouldn’t take much work but would mean a lot to players? Such as increased inventory slots, tabs or shrunken icons for the battles section, a fix to the auto maxing when upgrading, etc. Even if not, communication on the list of things I gave hadn’t been mentioned in the patch notes would be highly appreciated!

7 Likes

Can you elaborate on whether this is a Start of Match gain or is it every turn and when is the Power gain calculated? Before start of turn effects for other Skull creation, etc.?

Again, this should be explicit as to timing and frequency.

Why isn’t the fact that co-op continually crashes for so many users not listed as a known issue. Have you all given up trying to fix this issue?

5 Likes

Given that the average fight lasts 3-10 turns, this item will have no effect in 50% of battles. Seems rather stingy to make the 5% chance unmodifiable by rarity.

1 Like

Two months left on your 2021 prediction it’d be 2023 before it got fixed. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

These are constant effects so they’re calculated at the beginning of battle based on the number of skulls, but also whenever the board-state changes

Regarding Co-Op crashes not making it into the Known Issues section, this was an oversight sorry.
The Devs have looked into it several times but it has been difficult to track down and fix what’s still causing the issues. So a lot of what we’ve been doing is making small changes to see if it reduces or stops the crashes.

@radiantmemories451 thank you so much for the detailed feedback you took no doubt not a small amount of time writing up! We’re very under the pump right now (this was our last short week for awhile though phew!), so at least a couple of the team have read your post in full but we’re hoping to give you a more detailed response soon. We are limited in what we can put into every update but we’re working on finding out what details we can share and when for the next couple of updates and beyond as well. Bear with us as we only just got done with 1.4 itself - but this train doesn’t stop! :slight_smile:

Have a great weekend folks!

7 Likes

Hi I want to know if this skin is the one included in the Platinum Pass or are both obtainable within the Season.

1 Like

Oh, that’s awesome! I do put a lot of effort into them, so it’s great to hear that they’re so well received. Looking forward to hearing what you have to say, and hope everything goes well for you while you’re so busy! (Also, isn’t that always how vacations go? It seems you have a great time while you’re on them, and then all the work piles up and you’re swamped when you get back. No matter how long or short they are. Haha.) Hope you have a great weekend too!

2 Likes

So just to confirm, the set bonus is checking at what point “whenever the board state changes”?

For example, I match 8 skulls and other various gems during the gem matching stage; the skulls are counted up, along with the other gems, and then damage is applied. Was the bonus for the board state based on the board before the matching began? or is it based on the board state after the matches are made, gems cascades are finished, final gem matches are totaled, and then based on the resulting board state the bonus to power is applied and damage is dealt.

Another example:

This weapon was the subject of much discussion on the forums and we demonstrated repeatedly that the check for “board state” was somewhere between the end of matching and the start of the hero’s turn before any start of turn effects (e.g. Firewalker Ring Red Gem creation does not get counted). There was even an official response about the mechanics of this weapon:

There was confusion about the timing of Twinblade ability because the description was inadequate. Supposedly this was being brought to the attention of the developer.

Other than the use of the words “Gain” on the Fallen-III Set Bonus and “Add” on the Bloodfang Twinblade, they are descriptively the same. So when you say"whenever the board state changes", do you actually mean when the board state changes only as @Jeto described in the case of the Bloodfang Twinblade? Or is there additional “board state” checking with the Fallen Set Bonus. It would be nice if there was more clarity around these types of descriptions since there is a huge difference between a constantly fluctuating bonus based on the ever-changing “board state” vs. a once-per-turn check that occurs after matching is resolved.

6 Likes

Obviously an official answer would be best but I would assume that the Fallen Skin is Platinum Pass purchase only. So far the Skins that are purchasable with seasonal currency are the “secondary mastery” skins, like Fire Paladin, or Light Shaman. The Fire Warlock should be of that variety. The Season Skins (Dreamhold Berserker; Underworld Assassin (from Season 1.2 “The Broken Tree”); and Khazdhuli Paladin) were all Platinum Pass premiums.

2 Likes

UI Feedback:

This is better. Now add spell cost.

4 Likes

Hi @Jeto and @Kafka, I was wondering whether 1.4 will address the Steam Exclusives (paid items) bug that was posted last May?

1 Like

Hey all,

I have just added the following to the bottom of the patch notes under Known Issues

I should also have an update on the Steam DLC items this week, but at this stage, any changes made will not be rolling out with 1.4 but separately. I post here or update this comment as soon as I have that info.

2 Likes

Any update on the negative total for PVP points? Still seeing those too. It’s minor, but annoying.