Bloodfang Twinblade passive is not consistent with battle stats

Platform, device version and operating system
Android

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened
Bloodfang Twinblade weapon does not seem to be working as intended or the passive description is unclear. Gems created on the board does not seem to add to the critical hit chance even though their rates have been calculated in the battle stats.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
It is a consistent issue in all battles.

Steps to make it happen again
Equip twinblade and go into battle (in my case, I am using legendary rarity), cast spells that creates the same color mana as the weapon. Create at least 25 gems and check the battle stats for critical hit chance. Critical hit chance should be at least 100% because [25 gems x 4% = 100%]. On the same turn, match a skull. The damage sometimes will be a regular hit rather than a critical hit.

In this case, if the passive is calculated at the beginning of the turn before gem creation, then why does the battle stats page is showing something different (or vice versa)?

2 Likes

Hey,

I have been testing this with some of the team, and the % chance increase to Crits is calculated based on how many Yellow Gems are on the board after any have been removed from Gem Matching and not based on how many are on the board prior.
As these are removed from the board after matching, to provide Mana thus reducing the number of Gems to calculate an increase to % crit chance.

I’ve spoken to the designers and the resolution order of the Spell was taken into consideration during the design phase, so the Spell is currently balanced as intended.

I will pass feedback onto the team regarding the wording of the Spell description though.

Jeto (she/they) - Support Human :woman_mage:t2:

1 Like

What spells are you using to create those gems? I’ve discovered a related bug in which some gem-creating spells contribute to the Crit Chance while others do not.