[REPORTED] Block Chance and Block Damage Protection Stats are incomplete AND Citadel Block % may not function correctly

Platform, device and operation system
Android

What were you expecting to happen, and what actually happened
When reviewing character stats from either the Stats view or the combat stats view, Block Chance and Block Damage Protection do not correctly reflect all active inputs leading to an incomplete value.

In this view, Block Chance and Block Damage Protection reflected in the Stats view only takes into account Perks such as Guard (increase to Block Chance) and Solid (Increase to Block Damage Protection). The Totals in both are the sum of the Guard and Solid Perks on all equipped gear.

• Block Chance is supposedly modified by Citadel points put into Block Chance (in my case I have 5% Block Chance). I am not able to confirm whether the issue is that the additional Block Chance granted from the Citadel upgrades is not reflected in the stats or simply not taken into account at all since the % increase is too small to easily test through gameplay inference.

• Block Damage Protection is modifed by the Block Value of the equipped shield. Through my testing I believe I have confirmed that every 10 points of Block Value confers 1% of Block Damage Mitigation. For instance, with the following shield equipped:

I regularly mitigate ~39% of damage from incoming hits (I tracked this for 50+ comparative fights). My Perk Block Damage Protection is 15%, leaving a consistent 24% unaccounted for. My determination is that it is the result of taking 235 / 10 = 24%. I have tested this with two other shields with varying Block Values and have consistently received (Block Value / 10)% protection as a result.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Always; Always

Steps to make it happen again
Equip a shield, increase Block chance from Citadel upgrades

2 Likes

I had the same thoughts you had regarding the citadel block perk and block chance.

As far as I can ascertain, the perk is really Block Amount and has nothing to do with Block Chance. Also unsure if this is a bug, or a simply a mislabel of the perk.

While on the topic of citadel perks, some of them could really use a rebalancing. One would think that the limited perks (50 max points) should be more powerful than the unlimited choice for each perk point. In many situations, the unlimited choice is vastly more powerful than the limited choice equivalent (ex: why would a player invest 50 points in Extra Health for +10% more life, when investing those points in Vitality yields +100% [50 * +2%] more vitality effectively doubling base health???). Maybe this should be broken out into its own topic for visibility.

Good point; the Citadel bonus is simply labeled “Block” with a %. If it has the same characteristics as “Block” as used as a term on a shield, then the terms are misaligned (as Block on a shield confers a %, but as a function of its Block numerical value) and clearly not functioning as my Block Damage Protection that I tracked using my Savior’s Shield should have been 44%, instead of 39%. If the intent is for it to function as damage protection, then it should be labeled as such.

2 Likes

Thanks for providing what is likely the base block calculation; very much appreciated.

This makes me wonder what the max block rate is, because of the following:

• Max Shield Block Amount: 258 (25.8%)
  • Max Citadel Block Amount Perk: (50.0%)

That’s 75.8% right there.

Add in a a few gear pieces with Legendary (+4% per) or Mythic (+8% per) Solid atttributes, and reaching 100% Block Amount is quite feasible with room to spare for other gear attributes. Probably not intended, but still obtainable.

Hey all,

I raised this thread with the development team.

The core of this issue could potentially be a visual issue, where Block does increase Block Amount/Chance, but it doesn’t show the buff. Possibly some inconsistencies in what is being displayed.

But this has been reported!

I don’t have more information at this stage.

Jeto - Support Team Human :woman_mage:t2:

1 Like