[Reported] No 80% limit on pvp defence spells

The Warlock stacking bug was fixed quicker and it affected far less players, pull your socks up Devs and do something!

I spoke with the team again, we’re going to do more testing with the bug fix on 2.3 and then we’ll consider risk vs reward of pushing the fix out early if we don’t find any bugs with it.

The problem with pushing any fix early is it means it doesn’t have time to go through a full round of QA, and this fix does pose risks to other areas of the game.

So we’ll do more testing then have another discussion about it because we know this is an important one.

3 Likes

Thank you for the quick response. Many of us had actually started to really enjoy the PvP part of the game for the first time, when the full mana issue cropped up. The earlier we get a correction, the happier we shall be.

1 Like

Thank you, I appreciate that you go out of your way on this one. If in the end it is not possible, well, I understand it doesn’t make sense to fix something while risking breaking everything else. But at least you have tried.

Hi, @Kafka , has seen your positive post above. But just stating here how serious this situation is by what has happened to my hero just now after just one day of this week.

A new player has also started the ‘dirty’ full mana tactic. I cannot skip him, because all the other player selections I get are with Bonus Scores below my best 10. This is in Open and will occur in Restricted soon. So I am just stuck in advancing in the leaderboard. I know many other players are or will be in similar situations.

I know winning is not 100% impossible. But is this the way to enjoy a game ? So do try the best to get an early correction.

Friends, please don’t reply with remote tactics to overcome this situation, lol. I know a few and I also have the best friends in the best Kingdom.

1 Like

What are the chances to have tie scores for the top spot after this is fixed?

While I also don’t like it when I face a player with full spells, I just keep retreating until I get a chance for row stun. Once I get it, depending on the type of tourney and it’s color, I have at least two builds that can help me win.

Let’s take the red elite tourney from last week for example. 4-5 days into the tourney I was struggling to get past the 27K reward, and unable to beat the top players. Then I decided to change the hero and use purple spells, instead of red ones. So, with epic red gear and legendary purple spells, I was able to get past the top players and move from 53rd spot to 12th.

Keep in mind that I was relying on this initial stun. Once this limit is applied, I won’t need this initial stun for the win.

I guess potential tie scores will be resolved, after the mentioned scoring changes are implemented.

There are ways to deal with full spell players, indeed, but not enjoyable at all since most rely on luck and you are risking not getting honor at all until achieving it.

Hey all,

The fix for this should be going out live sometime this week.
We’ll let you know once it’s live.

3 Likes

Thank you very much, @Kafka , for such a quick fix. Happy to hear this and do hope this will make PvP really fair and at the same time that much more interesting.

1 Like

Thank you very much, I really appreciate the quick work here :slightly_smiling_face:

This is excellent! Thank you! Out of 11 PvP battles today, 4 of them had full mana on start and I didn’t have a chance.

Going out in the next day or so - if not earlier