[NOT A BUG] No spells equipped in PvP enemies

Platform, device and operation system
Android, Samsung Note 9

What were you expecting to happen, and what actually happened
Playing PvP Quick battles or Open Tourney, I expected enemies to have spells equipped or at very least their ultimate showing. A number of enemies have zero spells equipped (see blank spell box in bottom right, on checking the battle stats there are no listed spells, no ultimate either) , they can however deal the small amount of damage as I match mana.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Only noticed it today and has happened with 3 different hero enemies in the last 30 mins

Steps to make it happen again
Play Open or Quick battle pvp.

Self marked as not a bug based on information from discord and in the comments that spells are based on equipped pets, no equipped pets, no spells

Hi @Hawx , I don’t believe that this is a bug.

Unlike the active player, the defender in a PvP match is treated like a PvE match where the opponent cycles through two abilities.

When setting up a PvP defense, the player can actively choose the two abilities to use in the PvP defense. These abilities are not those from the class itself, but are from pets that are equipped to the defending unit. If the defending player has no pets equipped in their PvP defense setup, there are no abilities for the AI to use in the match. That results in exactly what you are observing.

1 Like

Yes Elite Master Eric has just mentioned this to me on discord. I’m going to mark it as not a bug so that if anyone searches like I did, this not a bug report comes up

Thank you @Lyrian for your explanation, makes perfect sense now :slight_smile:

1 Like