Shard percentage breakdown

I am going to speak from my own experiences and not attempt to assume anything on behalf of anyone else with the following suggestion.

I don’t understand why the shard drop rates (chests, story, kingdom rewards, and so on) are proportional to the number of slots these things have in our gear page. This proportional drop rate is very tough for weapon maintenance. It is my opinion that people who play the game a lot, ones you’d probably want to keep playing the game, tend to need multiple weapons of various kinds for various play styles (pvp, pve, kingdoms).

As it stands, as an example, I have thousands of superior armor shards and <100 weapon ones.

Please reconsider this percentage breakdown.

2 Likes

Another way to consider this in support of this feedback: Weapons are the most versatile gear because there is one from each of the soon to be 17 sets. Weapons are often the lynchpin of gear setups and therefore more total weapons are often needed in a players inventory to make different gear compositions work than other types of gear. Lastly, since skull damage is entirely based on weapons, the ability to level up these multiple weapons is essential to allowing players some versatility in playing different gear set builds rather than being stuck with one build because of the inability to diversify. In other words, I can get by with a Level 15 Shoulder piece in a Diff III dungeon. Its much harder to do so with a Level 15 Weapon.

1 Like

23% of my inventory is weapons. I encourage others to try to figure out their percentages. The shard breakdown in chests (for example, from Kingdom Defense, which actually posts the drop rates for things) lists weapon shards at 3.64%.

Please raise the rate of weapon shards dropping.

1 Like

I have found myself using soulchaser to craft weapons, just so I can salvage them for the shards as weapon shards are in short supply for myself.

1 Like

You know for as long as i have been playing this game, i did not even consider that…i have just been using marks to get shards.

Not a bad work around…still would prefer a more balanced approach to shards.

1 Like

I do the same but the problem with this approach is that 1/3 of the time he makes a shield so no weapon shards. The rest of the time he is making common-rare items which are not as sought after as the Major and Superior Shards needed for actually levelling weapons to their needed level/rarity to be effective.

2 Likes

20% of my current “keeper” items are weapons.

1 Like

I am keeping 57 weapons which is about 26%.
About the bad ratio for weapon shards I already commented in another post.
But for me the real headache are the appearance ratios for t3 and t4 relics in shop and daily challenges: zero t4 and two t3 within last 4 weeks.
This is theme of another post I already made. Here I would like to state that nothing was changed resp. improved.

No help from killing Kingdom Bosses!

1 Like