Shield Disappeared From Loadout on Unequip

Platform, device and operation system
Eg, Android, Samsung Galazy s8, Nougat
Android

What were you expecting to happen, and what actually happened
If you are on a console device please feel free to take a photo using another device. Where possible, a video helps us best. Try uploading it to Youtube privately.

I was attempting to unequip my rare shield from Loadout 3 in order to meet Tournament requirements even though I had no more shields in my inventory. It unequipped, but disappeared from that loadout and is unable to be equipped again. It is still present on my 2nd loadout.

Then several hours later on a different login ti.e, I attempted to switch shields on my 1st loadout (this time while having one in my inventory). Again, the rare shield which was present disappeared. It is now only available on my 2nd loadout.

(Tried to upload screenshots, but it tried to embed.)

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Is this a once-off issue or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen in specific circumstances?

It technically happened on both loadout 1 & 3, but it was the same shield item.

Steps to make it happen again
Please detail the steps taken to trigger this bug. The more detailed the breakdown, the easier it is for us to test in-house.

Open gear section from main screen on 3rd loadout.
Click on shield (with no other shields in inventory).
Click unequip.
Watch it unequip and disappear hopefully.

Did you check the settings on the sort options? They now save to a previous used sort and it is easy to miss gear based on sort options excluding it…

Is there any other way to show a screenshot via phone?

It appeared again in both loadouts. Over 24 hours for the 3rd, but within a few hours for the 1st.