The Patch 0.40 Kingdom Revamp Thread

So here we are, over 6 months into this PQ3 “Early Access”, with no news from the guys making this game acknowledging if we are being heard about our cries for a better way to have kingdoms run and exist. So much of the kingdom design currently entails absolutely no group effort targets and are completely individualistic

Here is what has been ignored so far:

A “Last Seen” feature showing when the last time a player was logged in

Showing what kingdom a player is in from their detailed info

A fairer bazaar system for full and active kingdoms

More preview details about a particular kingdom available to people that not already in one

What ranks do in a kingdom

A place to have information anywhere on how to achieve a promotion in a kingdom

A place to put in a detailed brief about your kingdom

A way to have custom ranks available in your kingdom

Meaningful/productive kingdom titles. The current ones achieve basically nothing

There is no breakdown of any kind to see who is contributing to the health of the Bazaar deals (ideally this would become a moot point if bazaar deals were designed in a fair way)

Options available for automatic demotion and/or kicking for inactivity

Some kind of way to take ownership of a kingdom where the leader has abandoned the game

A way for kingdom leaders to distribute resources to their fellow players

A collective kingdom bank to pool resources

A larger chat log for kingdom chat

Kingdom vs Kingdom PVP of some sort

Other requests: You know what would be cool and awesome to have?

A button that shows up in your kingdom chat, when a fellow kingdom member creates a group. This would facilitate much faster way to play together.

Please leave your own ideas for the upcoming 0.40 patch :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Could Bazaar deals be fixed by using a system like the crests system?
Every deal purchases generates a contribution to the pool of daily rewards for that specific deal, when maxed out or at daily reset, everyone in the guild gets an mailed (equal) reward for each deal

Upsides

• simple and equal for all guild members

Downsides

• everyone gets equal deal rewards, so those who contribute more do not get more rewards (and vice versa)
  • can’t get partial keys so if you generate less keys that guild members - what happens?
  • what if someone leaves a guild after contributing but before receiving any deal rewards
1 Like

Honestly, I just hope there is SOMETHING in the next patch, that is focused on improving the kingdom experience. If I could only pick one thing, it would be addressing the bazaar. That is so long over due. The value of a ruby mark has been inflated with the changes to marks. So people who can never get food deals (time zones etc) are really paying a heavy penalty.

Right now, that penalty is relatively meaningless because there is not yet much competitive content. And the competitive content that does exist, doesn’t require anything too crazy as far a gear.

1 Like

giphy

Well it doesn’t look like we’re gonna get this with 0.40 what with the jump to v1.0 coming 1st March.

Sure would be nice if the feedback above made it into the game after so many months of nothing being done to improve kingdoms.

Are you happy with what happened with the kingdom revamp?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

OK. So… here is the kingdom update! Let’s see what was looked at and what was deemed not important to be considered. Feedback is wanted but don’t think for a second that the people making this game will take it into any serious account if it doesn’t inflate how much money we spend

Request: A “Last Seen” feature showing when the last time a player was logged in
oh hey, Sorry I missed it! Thank you

Showing what kingdom a player is in from their detailed info
LOL nope

A fairer bazaar system for full and active kingdoms
Well, it’s tied to spending real money now so I definitely see this as a way to reward whales in full and active kingdoms with other whales, so who really wins here?

More preview details about a particular kingdom available to people that not already in one
Making the requirements clearer was a half step to achieving this

What ranks do in a kingdom
Implemented, thank you

A place to have information anywhere on how to achieve a promotion in a kingdom
The field for putting in a bit of info about your kingdom wasn’t expanded, so lol nope

A place to put in a detailed brief about your kingdom
The field for putting in a bit of info about your kingdom wasn’t expanded, so lol nope

A way to have custom ranks available in your kingdom
Implemented, thank you

Meaningful/productive kingdom titles. The current ones achieve basically nothing
LOL nope

There is no breakdown of any kind to see who is contributing to the health of the Bazaar deals (ideally this would become a moot point if bazaar deals were designed in a fair way)
LOL nope

Options available for automatic demotion and/or kicking for inactivity
LOL nope, and made manual kingdom management slower, more tedious and with less information viewable at a glance with the absolutely horrendous roster UI redesign, what the fuck were you guys thinking?

Some kind of way to take ownership of a kingdom where the leader has abandoned the game
LOL nope

A way for kingdom leaders to distribute resources to their fellow players
Ingot rewards is kind of a half step of implementing this but absolutely not what we wanted

A collective kingdom bank to pool resources
LOL nope

A larger chat log for kingdom chat
LOL nope

Kingdom vs Kingdom PVP of some sort
LOL nope

The thing I’m most mad about as a kingdom leader is how much more difficult you made it to manage 30 people in a way that doesn’t take 5,000 swipes and touches of the screen. If this is what is in store for the interface update I am honestly scared to see what you guys do. My trust was already at an all time low and nothing has been done to change that feeling with this update.

1 Like

I have to say, now a few days after the update, managing the kingdom has become alot harder. It is much harder to see players who are inactive or not contributing.

I feel like the old layout could have been enhanced, but the current layout just does not provide enough information to properly manage a kingdom.

I literally have no way of identfying if players missed reqs the previous week as just one issue.

3 Likes

Cross checking seeing if people are participating in kingdom defence is a huge chore. Goddamn I hate this interface so much

1 Like

Agreed, the defense “leaderboard” should just show all names and the number of attempts used/remaining

2 Likes

Welp it’s been a week and you have 3 kingdom leaders from the top 10 kingdoms in the game giving you feedback that the defense leaderboard and new way of kingdom management is trash…

no acknowledgement at all hey, it’s good to know where the most dedicated players of your game stand isn’t it

2 Likes

Not sure if I’ve been shadowbanned from CX because my feedback isn’t good enough or just CX hiding because I choose not to sugarcoat my feelings

Another week of nothing ¯\(ツ)

1 Like