This is a great update

Well, I meanwhile regret to have called this upgrade a great one.
I was so happy about the Dev listening to us … for the first time, that I did forget to wait some days before rating it.

To be honest now, its the worst update ever.
They totally missed their own goals, they obviously have absolute no clue of maths and they dont think longer then 30 seconds about the consequences of their “improvements”.
So you were right Naughnor, buisness as usual … nothing did change.
They dont know their own game at all.
We now have even more grind, even more reasons to burnout and they besides make us feel called idiots with their flashoffers.

But we can do maths … Dev, WE can.
I will again vote with my wallet.
Seems they dont need money.

(edit: But I am willing to gift you a calculator, Dev, just tell me where to send it. Maybe one cant buy them in Australia)

3 Likes

The big spell page issue is clearly a big one and most players are really disappointed with it, me included (as I have already explained in my evaluation of the Spell rework). But we must not forget that this update wasn’t only about it.

In fact, it has brought one of the most asked improvements for a long time: making seasonal relics purchasable with ancient coins and available through Eveline. This is a huge improvement that in my opinion has been overshadowed by the Spell Rework issues.

So we shouldn’t evaluate the update only in the light of the spell rework. This has made the update feel much worse than we believed at first, true, but there are other aspects from the update that are truly great and I am sure we feel grateful for. So I am sure that when the current issue is fixed, the update will go back to being a great one again. I just wish that a bit more caution had been spared on the spell pages system so that all the current disappointment, frustration and anger would have been avoided.

Well … you are right, Higure, but … really, a Dev that isnt able to forsee and get the consequences of what he is doing, when it is so totally simple to just do a bit of math to get it, did cost you 10 minutes to evaluate and get that it is bullshit in theory (and what was proofed then with testing it in practice) … and that tells you at the other hand that he does everything “in the most professional way it can be done” and that he “cares a lot” and who even presents us his allegedly reasons for what he does, which he then totaly fails and violates … what shall we think about such a Dev?
Decide yourself …

2 Likes

It is never possible to please everyone. I, for example, think that being able to produce mythical relics from archive seasons in just a few hours when this required special effort and dedication to achieve only served to mischaracterize the game and make these relics lose their elegance. I only say this to explain that we can enjoy the game in different ways.

What we all agree on, now that we’ve had a few hours of play, is that something was missing in this implementation. I enjoyed the game when I joined and continue to enjoy playing it. Some of the new features I really appreciate. That’s why I would like maybe there weren’t so many changes and that those that do emerge are well tested before being implemented.

I’m sure the developers would also prefer that everything went well, I wish them good inspiration so that they can solve the problems that exist now.

I like the update. I absolutely love the spell crit! Even though it is just 5% chance, it happens almost every battle, and I love it.

I love the salvage all in chest and the whole new “open a chest” experience.

I like the spellbook and the fact that it improves all the spells.

I like the spell pages too. While I agree that targeted evolution is harder than before, I believe that there will be a balancing update and things will get better. No need for harsh words on the 5th day after the update like it is the end of the world.

I don’t care much about the seasonal mythic relics, but I am happy that they are more available now.

I am looking forward to the hotfix.

1 Like

This game lacks players … it lacks a lot of them.
Most ppl that try the game first time like it, but around 99% stop playing before 3 months are over.
Thats exactly that what should be NOT the goal of a game that is concepted to be played over years … thats concept is “lifetime support” and that tries to get a stable and longlasting fanbase.
50% of the chat daily is Kingdoms searching for members … even the best of them do it day by day … most are not full and many suffer from veterans leaving with burnout, never coming back.

Its not like this since yesterday, the problems are known , they are named … they are obvious.
And with every new update the Dev promises solutions … and with every new update he makes this problems bigger … and besides his own too.

And every update is a proof that them have by far not the resources for an at least average good process to develop such a complex software as a game.
So by making (paying) verterans leave with every update cause they know it will take again ages until this update will be in an at least mediocore and working state (funwise) and new players leave too, cause they see they will get nowhere ever, what do you think this will lead to in the end?

You are right, not to the the end of the world, thats for sure …
But it also never will lead to a Dev that will be able to do the job at least in an average sucessful and technical mediocore way.

10 minutes of doing math to avoid weeks of work they will have now to fix that mess with a lot of ppl, even their fans, pissed off … again … and they are not able to invest them before they work on an update for a year.
Sorry, thats exactly what you learn in software development to avoid at ALL, no matter of the costs.
And they do it every time …

3 Likes

This update is so great, I just cant find words for it.
But, pictures say more then words …

3 Likes

Known issue to be corrected in the hotfix.

1 Like

Yeah all issues are known … at least from the moment we find them, which is mostly 5 minutes after update …

(edit: You should not like that Kafka, its not funny … nor good, its only just every time again reducing your player base, especially your paying one)

1 Like

I’m with you I quite like the changes and the replacing of gaining extra copies of spells which you then salvaged most of the time to now getting a little upgrade boost I think is great. It is a little confusing at first but drops into place. I don’t even mind that it picks random spells - there’s lots of spells I’ve never touched and if over time that slowly boost themselves up randomly then one day that might encourage me to try them.

What is the correct number?

Common → 1 page
Uncommon → 10 pages
Rare → 50 pages
Epic → 250 pages
Legendary → 1250 pages

Gosh, the changes to salvaging in this update was worth the price of admission.

Blooooody hell. Thank you, Devs, for the “Salvage All” button and getting us (back, no?) to a two-click salvage.