Too many clicks!

When I play the story, after each battle has ended the game takes me back to the main screen. In other parts of the game when playing a battle it takes you back to a different screen not the main screen. I then have to click to the story tab at the end of every battle to start a new part of the main mission/campaign, Dumb if intended, a bug if not.

4 Likes

Hey,

Are you starting your Story battles from the main screen?

When launching from here you will return back to here, but when you launch them from within the Battles tab, you will be returned to the Battles tab.

As the other Battle mods have their own sub-menu, such as in Dungeons to purchase the cache, collect rewards and etc, after a battle is complete you stay within that game mode.

While this is not a bug, do you have a suggestion for Story battles? Would you want them to continue playing until you choose to leave them? Or something more like a Story sub-menu?

Jeto (she/they) - Support Human :woman_mage:t2:

Not OP but I would expect to be taken to the screen just before starting the battle.

Also not op, but these are the ways I think the number of clicks and ease of use can be improved:

Put the Story button back on the home screen. Yes, I know you can make it a shortcut, but that doesn’t work as nicely, and takes up your shortcut for something that should always be there in addition to your shortcut. Also, in addition to removing the number of clicks, having a visible measure of progress available helps focus players and give them a goal to work towards.

The story button on the home page should give a popup overlay when pressed comparing your gear score and the enemy’s and a battle button, which should take you straight into battle when pressed. This allows the player to see all of the important info about the stage but still jump into battle quickly. (Also, as a note, I’ve seen the sentiment from many players that their gear is already fine when they want to do story mode, and they don’t need to change it or check it again. So a full menu showing all of your hero’s gear isn’t useful to most players. A tiny button allowing you to switch your loadout if you forgot is all that is needed.)

Also not op, but these are the ways I think the number of clicks and ease of use can be improved:

Put the Story button back on the home screen. Yes, I know you can make it a shortcut, but that doesn’t work as nicely, and takes up your shortcut for something that should always be there in addition to your shortcut. Also, in addition to removing the number of clicks, having a visible measure of progress available helps focus players and give them a goal to work towards.

The story button on the home page should give a popup overlay when pressed comparing your gear score and the enemy’s and a battle button, which should take you straight into battle when pressed. This allows the player to see all of the important info about the stage but still jump into battle quickly.

Also, I’ve seen the sentiment from many players that their gear is already fine when they want to do story mode, and they don’t need to change it or check it again. So a full menu showing all of your hero’s gear isn’t useful to most players. A tiny button allowing you to switch your loadout if you forgot is all that is needed. So I think it’s better to get rid of the full hero and view info off to the left side and just leave the loadout button at the top for players to use in changing their gear. Perhaps something like for the dungeons could be done, where it shows the map with the location, and then the stage info in a box on the screen (which would contain the information Intelligent showed a pic of above). That would also make it feel less like there’s a big extra menu in the way of battling and more like you’re about to start the fight, if that makes sense.

As for a story sub-menu, I would like something a bit closer to the dungeonsm like I said above (icons on the world map, with a menu that shows the stage information), but one step further: a free scrolling world map you can look around at. The trail of places you’ve been is shown in detail ingame, and how you travel across the continent is meaningful, so it’s a shame you can’t scroll around and look at your trail and where you’ve been. It would really add another dimension to the story and give the feel of really exploring the world despite the linear stages. Perhaps a button always visible on the screen could automatically focus the map on the latest story stage, allowing them to find it easily. I think players would really appreciate something like this.

Hi Jeto, I think you get it. I’m in the story mode I should stay there until I back out with the x or arrow not keep returning to the main screen by the short cut, OR the the battles screen.

Intelligent and radiantmemories451get what I mean.

Thanks for your reply

2 Likes

Further to my post above after a prolonged period of playing I’ve noticed this.

After finishing a story battle with the warlock the screen reverts to the battle tab, I then press story and I then received the reward from the battle. Then there is a progress animation village popup progress ect. There is no way this is intended and makes sense when people have been saying that you are not playing your game as individuals or developers.

Further more I now belive that this update is a distraction from the road map because as developers you find your tasks insermountable and have gone off track because of stress.

The community will help you if you ask, talk and work with us.

Beta testing would be the best option

Best regards

1 Like

Exiting a battle to the main from which you entered is incredibly annoying, and I cannot see any reason why anybody would want this.
Please let it stay within the game mode until I choose to leave that mode.

2 Likes

I agree, the click count is too high. Navigation, in general seems kind of worse since the update. It should seem better with the battle screen. But it somehow doesn’t. The holy grail here should be consistency and intuitiveness.

Right now the navigation is anything but consistent. And it’s also not intuitive. I’ve personally got a handle on getting around, because I play a lot and the repetition has mostly burned it into me. But I still find myself zigging instead of zagging, occasionally. That’s bad design. People should not have to remember how the navigation works. It should be obvious.

2 Likes

The more I’ve played with this infuriating new UI, the more frustrating it becomes.
It would be great if on this screen you could either go to the next mission or return to your previous screen.

In fact I would love the option to skip the dialogue as well. I’ve played through the story enough times now. I don’t care what the characters have to say. Let me just play the damn game.

2 Likes