Update 1.1 - The Mines of Khazdhul - Patch Notes

Any real value in the VIP pass as you say requires a significant monetary investment either up front or over time (better rewards from higher level) so as an initial investment I would never recommend it to anyone at this point. At lower levels virtually everything is farmable or obtainable easily through regular game play, even the keys (with the exception of the gems of course).

1 Like

I listened to the stream recently and Jeto mentioned you will be able to replay seasons and something about future players going back. She also mentioned something about the rewards from replaying but I didn’t quite get it as it was a little too much to digest all together. I also got the impression they haven’t actually worked out the details yet in regards to this.

More depth to monetization than there is to the game.

I had purchased the VIP pass to help early-stage progression, but it’s usefulness seems to have already run its course. For the other passes, I will not buy them unless they can be directly purchased, but I also feel that multiple tiers of multiple subscriptions is lame.

I am leaning toward full F2P, which would be a first for me.

1 Like

I can answer some of those Archive & Season Pass questions (we are working through this thread) :sparkles:

The Relics, Seasonal Gear, Minions and Spells also have a chance to be rewarded from Dungeon Chests in the Event.

@Lyrian the Caches which have a chance to contain Seasonal Currency, Crystals, Shards, Relics, Gear and the Legendary items in the Enhanced and Ultimate Caches. You can tap on each cache and they display what you have a chance of attaining within, as well.
Each Cache contains one item.

It is just the ability to purchase those Relics instantly in the Reward Store, is a Pass exclusive offer.

The Archive will be coming in a later update, but the idea so far (subject to change) is that later items & battles from a Season will be available within the Archive Store. These items would be purchasable with Ancient Coin.
So anyone who had missed out while the Season was live or a new player who didn’t get to play that Season in the first place, can get them later. This feature is still being designed though. If I have anything further I can share, I will update you :sparkles:

As for the Platinum Pass exclusive item, so this Season it is the Khazdhuli Paladin Skin, I do not have an answer yet if this will be made available later in the Archive but I do not believe it would be. As in, it is limited to during the Season and only for Platinum Pass holders.

3 Likes

Can I please suggest the wording “Season pass exclusive for a period of time” so that in the future you could re-offer it, bundle it, reward it etc.
So it is exclusive but NOT in perpetuity (Old weapons in GOW only available in weekly events for Glory I am looking in your direction)

1 Like

Much appreciated sharing what you can on how the mode works and known plans for how the mode may develop further in the future. Completely understandable that some of this is still a work-in-process.

2 Likes

Yay inventory. Ive been wanting to get a serpentine set, now I can. Apparently, if we’ve got space I’ll also use the gear crafting followers, which I hadn’t been for ages. Also my lucky clover rings work!

Guess we’ll see about that new class later.

1 Like

Good news though, Kafka. ZERO multiplayer crashes this weekend, even with 4 player runs. :tada:

4 Likes

Well, I said that and jinxed myself.

Last run for tonight’s spelunking generated a crash.

Odd circumstances for this one.

• 4 Player run.
  • Error occured after the run was fully completed (including handling of end-of-run chest reward) on the way back to the multiplayer lobby.

Completely unsure on this one. Sync error sending players back to the lobby to reform the group?

2 Likes

Typos:

High Eleven? :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, music is getting “stuck” on the battle victory theme and is persisting through Season Story battles.

3 Likes

Hi. Couldn’t edit my old reply any more, but I just found out that the hero slots are unlimited (Just tested it today). I only thought it was up to 10 because the Zendesk topic said so… Turns out it’s outdated, so please disregard the question.

And for this question, I remembered the name of the island, it’s the Isle of Dawn.

1 Like

Revamped PvP UI:

What are the light yellow numbers? Event score? That can’t be right…

No idea what those numbers actually represents.

EDIT 1: Figured it out. It’s either the sum of the new “Top 20” battle readout or the sum of all scores earned in all ranked PvP battles regardless of whether the count towards the actual ranked score.

Summed equals 21,635.

But, what is the point of this???

EDIT 2:

Bug: New for 1.1.

When collecting an item with a rarity from the Premium Rewards of the Quest Pass, the game no longer presents the informational popup to explain what item was actually rolled (item is still correctly deposited in player’s inventory).

EDIT 3:

Mercenary Greed counter does not provide the player the number of Greed stacks that are in play (unlike Shaman’s Bad Juju counter). Player has to pull up the tool-tip for Greed and then do some math calcs to determine the number of Greed stacks in play. Important because some Mercenary spells, such as Shakedown, operate based upon the number of Greed stacks in play.

Before:

After:

EDIT 4:

Self-explanatory.

2 Likes

Am I missing something or is this update simply heavily monetized, repackaged content?

I think you are missing some things…
New hero, Seasons, extra storage space, Hunts, skins, auto-end turn feature, link to full gear type when being full blocks you from doing next battle, updated UI, party seems more stable, Night gear set bug finally fixed
“And more”…
Patch notes have all the details

And yes - more (optional) monetized options than ever before

2 Likes
  • New hero class → ok but still have to redo same old content.

• Seasons → zero change to previous mode except for story (and massive, tiered monetization)

• storage space → addressing a somewhat ridiculous oversight

• hunts → don’t really see the point to them at all. Repackaged skirmishes/dungeons with guaranteed chest type (that you still need to wait or spend resources to open)

• Auto-end → should have been there since launch

• Link to gear → UI fix to a problem that never should have existed

• Updated UI → still requires an incredible amount of backtracking. The UI has so many problems…I guess it is good to start somewhere.

• party → no comment as I have no interest in this mode at this time

• Night gear bug → bug fixes ≠ new content

Almost nothing is new. Old stuff repackaged in a fancy ribbon. The fixes are great, but I would not classify them as new content.

I have completed the story on the 5 original classes and I dread the thought of having to do it again for the new class. I suppose one positive is that you only need to run seasons once. Moreover, I am at a gear wall because the jump from epic to legendary is heavily gated (probably to induce frustration spending). I do not think I will be able to upgrade any single piece of equipment for months (without paying, of course).

I am not against c2p, and I have spent way more on mobile games than I would like to admit. However, multiple tiers for multiple passes that must be bought with purchased in-game currency that comes in odd multiples? F that.

1 Like

A minor problem: Khazdhuli set have no full name?
Every other collection have a full name and a simplified name, but khazdhuli have no full name.

AND a major one: shield of anthrite have no flavor text at all…

Flavor text problem, but always some ppl care about that. Please fix it.

1 Like

Experienced two multiplayer crashes yesterday. Circumstances were the same for both crashes. Screenshotted one of them.

• 4 player run.
  • Crash occured after the boss of the run had been defeated and the game circled back to clean up early match opponents that were still standing (because party members were too weak to handle them).

Evelynn cannot trade or create season relics unless output is random(she may create fire cap or upgrade something into red gear).
Will season relics add into evelynn’s table after season ends?

1 Like

New Tangled Skulls spell grants wrong mastery type.

3 Likes

Noticed 2 days ago, But hard to say it’s intended or not…
Maybe dev should say sth about this.

1 Like