Update 1.4.5 Adventure Patch Notes

Contents

It’s obviously easy for us to be excited about new features, but we really think this one is worth it.

Adventure is a brand new live events system that allows us to bring you cool and interesting new ways to play Puzzle Quest 3!

Adventurers will be able to choose the Adventure they want to play (one or more will be offered in the Adventure menu)

• Adventures can be played with heroes that have a level of 10 or higher
  • Each Adventure will have a limited time

Adventurers will be able to choose their own path!

• Adventures will have a difficulty either chosen by the player or coming from the Adventure itself
  • For our first Adventures, you will choose a difficulty level for each Adventure. You can choose to complete each difficulty level going from Novice to Ultimate or attempt Ultimate straight away!

These are found in the Adventure Information [?] and will tell you some of the things you can expect in your Adventure

Energy

• Each Adventure will have a limited amount of energy per day
    • This energy is used to make an attempt at finishing the Adventure

Replayability

Some Adventures will support replays!

Difficulty

You can check the difficulty level you’ve selected anytime

Persistent Health (Future Content)

Some Adventures may have Persistent Health (one health bar for the whole Adventure) for an additional level of challenge

(This feature will be added in a future update)

Regeneration, Healing Potions & Magical Crystals (Future Content)

These folks are related to Persistent Health and will be coming in a future Adventure update!

• Adventures will offer varieties of different rewards
  • While Adventure will continue to expand with new game modes that may offer rewards in different ways, this is how our first Adventures will work:
    • Each difficulty tier will have its own rewards
    • If you complete a higher difficulty tier before the ones below it, you will also receive the rewards for the lower tiers
      • e.g. If you choose to make your first attempt at an Adventure on the Champion Tier and complete it successfully, you will also receive the rewards for Novice and Veteran and these tiers will be closed

• Sometimes in Adventures you’ll find a Merchant who will bring you special deal on items and resources

• Sometimes you will find Resh who will give you a Fae Gift of your choice of a Status Effects and other gifts

Darkhunter has been improving his craft!

• His chances of crafting a high rarity Rune or Scroll has been increased
  • The cost of crafting of random Rune or Scroll has been increased

He now provides more options to craft with

• Level 15 – Can choose to craft either a Rune or Scroll
  • Level 25 – Can choose to craft a Rune or Scroll of a specific element

Followers that craft gear now have new options available. Items can now be crafted by selecting certain features such as the gear slot, element type and gear set.

Several Followers have new crafting abilities with future support for Darkhunter for Rune and Scroll crafting.

• Removed default to max level in the gear upgrades

We’re aware a number of our players do play our game with a controller, so this update we have introduced a few quality of life improvements for controller use:

• D-Pad will now animate when there is no target it can move to
  • Improved Cursor Navigation when using the D-Pad on Scroll Lists
  • Disabled or Inactive buttons will no longer be navigated to with D-Pad
  • Added a Controller Vibration Intensity setting into the Settings Menu

• Can now reforge Favourited gear
  • Fixed changing loadout in party menu not doing anything
  • Fixed error where loadouts would remain between heroes in the Party menu
  • Spirit Shield is now correctly reducing Boss mana in Kingdom Defense
  • Loadout in the party menu now update the names correctly when changing heroes
  • Fallen Shoulderguards Ability should now work.
  • Eveline will now convert Fallen Relics
  • Game sound playing after battle ends
  • Game audio cancels primary audio
  • 1.3 Season Spells: Autumn Blast, Winter Mists, Spring Siphon, and Summer Rain, will now correctly count the number of turns remaining on status effects for damage boosting purposes.
  • Hellcat’s Hellfire will now properly remove skulls when the player is burning

• Fallen Order Relic now displays in Wallet

• When receiving Kingdom Defense rewards for a failed defense with gold tier rewards earned, the rewards mail showed two silver medals instead of a silver and gold.

• Global Mail with No Rewards still shows Rewards to Collect
    • Sound effects delay in sped up battles
    • Mass Salvaging Minions doesn’t update the display
    • All Adventures show “Persistent Health” as “Yes”, even if they do not have health that persists between battles.
    • Title crashes when the Adventure mode timer runs out while the player is in Adventure mode.
    • Cannot Cast pop-up appears for everyone in Party
    • Full board state causes imp gems to be unselectable
    • Gold total in gear/spell upgrade pop-up does not update, preventing upgrade if player collects mail while in the gear screen
      • Can be resolved by exiting and re-entering the screen
5 Likes

Awesome, more content - sounds great

AND

Removed default to max level in the gear upgrades!!!x100

Thank you!!

2 Likes

awesome I cant wait to try the new features.

Bleh. Hype temporarily deflated.

Also, poor Hellcat still doesn’t have it’s flames back from all the way back in 1.2.

1 Like

This is disappointing right out of the gate. The rarity can be Epic, Legendary, or Mythic? Why not just charge 100 more gems and let the player make what they want. Why have this be random, its just annoying.

EDIT: Did some testing with various levels of Darkhunter and it appears that you can primarily get Epic Rune/Scrolls if you keep your Darkhunter level at 35 or below (Epics only at Level 25 or below). Don’t upgrade him to Legendary. At Mythic-45 I got an 4 epic, 3 legendary, and 2 Mythic on 9 crafts

6 Likes

@Kafka Thank you for the update! :smiley: Definitely looking forward to trying the Adventure Mode!

Also - any update on fixing the Steam Exclusive items? It’s been six months since the bug was identified, and we were told we would have an update a month ago, but still no update (and no fix)

I don’t blame them for delaying the start of Adventures until two days after the update - they probably want to make sure there are no game-breaking bugs that have been introduced with the 1.4.5 update.

However, I definitely DO blame them for not fixing the Steam Exclusive items I bought with real-world money, even though it’s been half a year since we brought the bug to their attention.

1 Like

Hey, only the mini-boss Hellcat has flames :fire:, the regular Hellcat is just smokey

We’re following up on the Steam DLC still, sorry for the wait folks

4 Likes

Thank you @Kafka for the Steam DLC shout-out – hearing that it’s still in discussions is an encouragement :smiling_face: :grinning: :smiley_cat:

Update on Darkhunter crafting outcomes

Epic runes/scrolls are way more valuable than legendary/mythic ones. Having a higher chance of high rarity is not always a good thing.

5 Likes

it would be nice if they just went the way of shards and starting with “epic” just have Mastery scrolls and runes of the 5 types and just have increasing quantities needed for the higher evolves

7 Likes

I very much appreciate that you added the known issues to the patch notes! :+1:

Also, I’m excited for the new Adventure Mode! :grin:

2 Likes

Nice update.

So glad I don’t have to worry about accidentally upgrading things to max anymore (I already accidentally did it twice)

I agree with previous poster that for 100 gems more darkhunter should be able to craft something specific.

Now that you have released the adventure update hopefully the next update you will be able to work on all the good quality of life suggestions that have been made over the last year and continue to be made.

1 Like

Couple of random thoughts:

1. Why is a player allowed to choose “Update Later” when the player will not be allowed to log in because they played a newer client version on another device?

Note: Screenshot 2 loops back to Screenshot 1 after going through the full startup and loading sequence infinitely until the player taps Update Now and downloads the client update from the relevant app store.

Shouldn’t the version check happen before the player is offered a upgrade choice that may not exist at all?

1. There has definitely been some optimizations on the Steam client. Game runs buttery smooth at very high frame rates on Steam now, outside of some momentary hard frame drops here and there likely due to loading special effects and things (looking at you, Scorching Roar in red PvP this week).

2. Not a 1.4.5 observation, (a 1.4.0 one), but did the revamped gear crafters (Toragon, Gemka, Sourchaser) have their rarity distribution odds changed (different loot table?) when the player attempts to craft a specific thing (requiring use of relics to make)? Toragon seems to struggle to make 3* and 4* specific gear, even at level 50.

3. How the game resolves the Reflect status effect is much better now. :+1:

1 Like

Hey @Kafka , Will the adventure energy stack during the time it is open? Meaning if you get 6 a day, and miss a day, will you have 12 waiting for you?

3 Likes

For the current Adventure it is capped at 6 energy and won’t stack past that amount.
However, future Adventures might have different amounts of energy and different caps.

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply

My 2 cents - being able to stack all “Energy” from multiple days during a given Adventure would provide additional flexibility to when I play the Adventure mode and that would be a nice

2 Likes

I’ve checked Darkhunter’s droprates with the team and seen them myself as well.

You have the highest chance of earning Epic Runes/Scrolls with Darkhunter at level 49 with a 55% chance.

At Level 50, you have a 50% chance

This 5% difference is split across and added to your chances to earn Legendary and Mythic Runes/Scrolls.

So there is a drop at level 50, but an overall small one in favour of more help getting the endgame rarities.

2 Likes

Thanks for the fast reply! I have to agree with @Mythos that stacking the energy would be preferable. Real life happens sometimes. haha But knowing how it works is helpful, at least.

1 Like