Update 2.4 Patch Notes

Ugh… wait, this was easy to solve.

One big DPS spell + 3 gem generator/convertors.

Flood the board and stunlock the opponent for up to 10 turns, and chip away at their defenses with the DPS spell and stall until all other bonuses are maxed out.

Give up:

-9% turn bonus for taking 5 - 14 turns.

Gain:

+10% for 10 match-9s from blobs while stunlocking.
+10% for 5 rows to cause stunlocking.
+10% for 5 columns while making rows when stunlocking.
+5% for a Level 3 Ultimate Cast before ending the match.
+up to 5% if any skyfalls generate heroic efforts.

Easiest argument ever for stun immunity in PvP? :thinking:

1 Like

Do you mean complete immunity like the KD dragon? or like the Elite Bosses?

Sorry @Jeto , my doubts continue. Or am I missing something?
There’s the old 30% bonus on health etc. Now the new 50% possible, new ones. How does all this add up ?

Hrmm… probably the 1-turn immunity with Elites Bosses should be sufficient.

If the goal is just to stop the easy perma-looping for optimal PvP points, then just allowing the opponent side to move should be sufficient. Stunning is a viable tactic in the game, and it shouldn’t be removed entirely for everyone IMO. On the high-end of PvP, a single opponent move can easily be enough to generate a loss. Having to risk several turns of opponent game-endings moves to attempt to obtain an optimal score (and roll the virtual dice fall every other turn), sounds like a reasonable compromise for risk vs reward.

What are your thoughts on the situation?

Given the number of turns now contributes to the score was there a counter for the number of turns taken added to PVP? If not I would like to see this added.

3 Likes

“Perfect” scoring really is the enemy of the format, but I don’t know how to do it better.

If the enemy was immune to stun, there would be a shift to first turn kills. The presence of reflect messes with skull builds. The inability to cast on turn one puts spell builds at a disadvantage.

Another problem is that we currently have a system that is pretty much instant death if you let your opponent get a turn in with their mana full. So any change that allows your opponent more opportunities to get a turn is going to lead to decreased win percentages.

Right now, stun is the only way to reliably achieve a perfect score against many opponents’ builds. Any changes to stun should be done in conjunction with other tweaks to ensure that proper balance is maintained.

2 Likes

How do these premium boosters interact with replayable Adventures?

Is an Adventure considered “complete” when one lap of a replayable Adventure has finished (the END point is reached)? Or does “complete” refer to the expiration date/time of when a replayable Adventure is no longer playable?

Modifiers that remain for the duration of the event, will remain until the event ends aka is “completed”.
But yeah, from my understanding if you play an Adventure that has these modifiers active then once you start a replay they will persist…

…or it wouldn’t work when you changed heroes

Additionally, not all boosters are available for replayable events.

Update: My understanding was wrong :woman_facepalming:t2: it is for that playthrough of the Adventure, not until the Adventure event ends.

Asked some follow up questions about how it works for swapping heroes.

1 Like

2.4 is now being pushed out to all platforms, this can take some time to populate across all regions.

Have had a report on iOS of a soft lock when collecting the Thanksgiving login reward on iOS - you still receive the reward but it forces you to restart PQ3

Ailile is reporting a missing asset exception in 2.4 when running today’s Dungeon of Poison Event. She has updated fully and has downloaded all assets. She received the error message playing on Android.

1 Like

Passed on as I had the same thing happen, luckily you can click out of it and continue the battle.

Clicking/tapping on the More Details button does not take the player to a help page with more details about the Merchant Vault system. Help article might not yet be updated with information on the new system.

1 Like

It’s getting fixed up!

Unfortunately, I do need to sit down and rewrite a H E A P of articles, as well as create new ones… but the time has gotten away from me with other priority support things.
So appreciate everyone’s patience when they try and use the Help Centre, as it is rather outdated at the moment.

How do you turn this off?

This is absolutely nightmare inducing to have to manually toggle through this popup 2-6 times to salvage 1 and 2-star items every time myself or Ailile opens a Ruby/Diamond chest. This is actively discouraging opening of any chests at all. No one wants to sit through this popup dozens of times per day. :face_exhaling:

Just to confirm, is this after you open and chest and scroll through the items you want to instantly salvage?

We are working on changing the Chest opening screen completely to make mass salvage etc easier from this screen.

I can speak on this salvage message though as the one thing I constantly get tickets about is players who have not realised they have salvaged an item. It is a bummer to lose an item, but also something we wouldn’t typically compensate for.

So I requested some further confirmation checks, as there have been several players salvaging singular items and then realising later that it is missing - because it had been salavaged.

I’m not 100% sure what you mean by “instantly salvage”? If this is referring to the normal salvage from chests process that has been in place in-game for a long time, then the answer is yes. I don’t see any other changes to the in-chest salvage processes currently in-game?

I agree with you in concept with the accidental salvage issue. As you know, a number of those reimbursement requests show up here on the forums. And IMO, there should be a salvage confirmation to avoid this issue, or at least minimize it. On the other hand, having to manually interact with this pop-up potentially multiple times salvaging common/uncommon gear on every Iron or higher chest gets tiring very quickly, and then starts acting as a discouragement to avoid opening boxes to dodge that popup from occurring.

In the future, can the Team consider as follow-up QoL adding a rarity toggle in the Options menu to toggle when that pop-up appears (such as only appearing when attempting to salvage a 4-star or higher item [at least this would stop the accidental salvaging of Season Legendary Gear])?

3 Likes

That would be a fantastic idea. It would protect against accidentally salvaging a high rarity item without making opening chests tedious.

Also having a warning pop-up on everything you salvage conditions you to ignore the warning more when the item is actually important, like when its a epic or legendary or you’ve favorited the item with a white heart.

1 Like

I love the ability to rematch PvP opponents, that will make my life much easier :blush:

About the goals, the idea is great but I am missing a very important QoL feature there… A goal tracker during the battle. Which turn is this? How many +9 matches have I done? Did I get all the columns and rows? Keeping track of every goal is really time consuming, so it would be great if there was a goal tracker you can check in battle.

Thank you for all your hard work!

3 Likes