Xp gained in dungeon

So i want to level up my citadel but at same time not get bored. I enjoy doing a lot of dungeons and often host coop party as i enjoy this. Now considering the time it takes for these matches im allways abit annoyed seeing how LITTLE XP is gained. Does anyone else feel xp gained in dungeons is too low and would like an increase?

1 Like

Feel like xp gained from 5 dungeons can be achieved in 1 minute replaying 1 archive battle. Seems stupid.

I evaluate different types of battle as it follows:

Each battle type has it’s advantages and disadvantages, making all of them useful depending on your goals. Right now, I have to choose between farming dungeons to get extra resources or farming archive to get extra XP. I would love to get more XP from dungeons, but I believe that would make them too good (and then it would be the non-dungeon battles that would seem stupid). High XP is also something that makes adventure battles more attractive. I think that having some battle types give low XP and others give high XP is something perfectly normal.

2 Likes

Makes sense, archives gets boring, especially with the delay between battles, at the moment if i stuck to dungeons it would take me just under 700 dungeons to level up, il have to find some balance. Thankyou

1 Like

I agree, I find dungeons much more interesting, enjoyable and rewarding, so I just leave leveling up for some occasional run at archives or the adventures.

I have mixed thoughts on this. I think the current design is great, because it encourages playing different game modes to achieve the desired outcome. Dungeon is easily the funnest overall though, and does have the best rewards as well.

1 Like

Its kind of the problem with Hunt right now. On one hand you can store chests in Hunt (1 per character) to claim them later. Which is fantastic. But on the other hand, I do dungeons so fast now that Hunt almost feels pointless to me now. One of the problems with Hunt is its random, which IMO is kinda silly, since you can keep restarting anyway to get the dungeon you want, so its a bit of a chore as opposed to just playing Dungeon. I’d recommend removing the randomness from Hunt. Or better yet, have the option of picking the chapter in Hunt or having it pick it for you at random.

1 Like

FYI the new patch (and maybe it was always this way) seems to have added Follower crystals to season mode chests, which I think is a great change.

The most economical time sink, if you want to pursue both XP to level your Citadel, and get Crests for your Kingdom, is to replay Archive Story battles.

XP gained in both Skirmish and Dungeon battles is comparatively minuscule.

You can earn 106 XP on a Normal Archive Chapter II battle which can take about 30-45 seconds to complete (including all the menus pre and post battle), or a fraction of that XP on a Dungeon that takes 3 x longer to complete.

If you want to open the chests for resources and potential Relics, then Dungeons are obviously better but, if you want to grind XP, then the Archives are easily the best option.

Regardless, it will always be a grind lol!!

2 Likes

Chest drops: Mythic relics lol… I have only been farming dungeons (mostly for crystals) for 3 months now and I have not had one single mythic relic out of it so far! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I didn’t say that we get tons of those… But in the 8 months I have been farming dungeons I have gotten around 30 of them, so they are really farmable, you just need lots of playing, time and patience :wink:

@HigureTheStillWind what level chests are you opening to get that many relics?

I have farmed at very different levels: 54, 70, 80, 90 and 100. Nowadays I only farm at lvl 100 for the extra food that allows me to keep opening chests and don’t run out of keys, but I believe that the drop rate is similar for all levels. So in terms of getting mythic relics, it seems that chest quantity is better than chest level: as long as you have keys, I would say it is better to farm lower but faster levels to get more chests, than spending too much time on higher levels and getting less chests.

1 Like

@HigureTheStillWind Cheers. I save my keys for LV100 chests and fill my slots up with similar, purely for the extra food and ore resources, like yourself.

Personally though, I can’t remember the last time I got a Mythic Relic from a chest, Dungeon or otherwise. :flushed: I’m having to rely solely on Evelyn and exchanging Legendary relics alongside gems and ore.

Tedious, expensive in gems, but the only way I can even wish to evolve my gear. :sweat:

1 Like

I normally do 100s of dungeons in search of mystic relic and get nothing. Switch dungeon to farm crystal and i get a relic for a gear i dont use

2 Likes

When I was in the process of evolving my gear I also relied on Eveline to get the mythic relics I needed, farming is too slow. It was only when I needed seasonal relics (not obtainable with Eveline) that I had to rely on farming them.

Well, you can always use 2 relics you don’t need to get a relic you need so… Never say no to a free mythic relic :grin:

1 Like