0.34 - Early Access: Small Changes (Read Thread for Details)

Thanks for the comments Salty - It does seem like a bit of a “forest for the trees” issue, where the bone ring was OP in the context of a generally unbalanced endgame content; fixing it before dealing with the broader issues seems like an odd choice, which I think is what some of the unhappiness here.

I do think more transparency and communication would be nice - it seems like there is a small but solid community here that is rooting for the game and willing to help generate feedback, but it’s hard to sustain enthusiasm without some sense of whether updates will be coming in days or weeks or months - and when the updates that do happen make endgame content less playable, it feels a little rough.

3 Likes

@Salty @Jolenia We as the community do appreciate the openness normally we have seen. I agree with Jolenia it seemed punitive now when it could have been a part of a later balance change. I do appreciate the team going back to fix the twinblade and guards shield as I can finally start using them

I am sure there is a general sentiment in the community that there is a great game in here waiting to come out

2 Likes

I agree. The frustration stems mostly from having a route to be able to play the game cut out without any of the advertised changes in the patch actually working except the fix to the bone ring and spirit poison.

The second part of the frustration on my part is that the change to the bone ring goes above and beyond in my opinion and made something admittedly overpowered into something utterly useless. I need the inventory space and I expect it is a matter of nostalgia mostly for all the dungeons run and all the scrappes now better stuff that I did not immediately scrap the bone rings. They are irrelevant to game play as it is now.

However all that being said I do enjoy the game and there is potential in this being a great game once it is adequately balanced. The main thing Tacet mentioned a few weeks back and again now - it is in early access really hard as a player to judge what to develop as changes like those to the bone ring switch something op to useless instead of op to still somewhat useful. This can happen to anything else, as opposed to changes to stuff that makes it work as intended such as the twin blade or spirit poison.

It’s unfair that not everybody can play it yet

Oh wow… dont talk of unfair! Its early access game… you know what? I still wait to play the game… my guildies of gems of war play it and tell cool stuff of the game. And I still have to wait for it… so…shut up

Hi, Tacet. I am now stuck at chapter 11. I mean the final battle. You say there are more overpowered stuff. Can you give a few tips. I play Paladin as my main. Thank you