408 Error - 0.39 Story Segments

Platform, device and operation system
Android 11, Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

What were you expecting to happen, and what actually happened

Expected: To start a new Story segment
Actual: Occasional, infrequent soft locks and error messages.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Is this a once-off issue or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen in specific circumstances?

Occasionally occurs. When it happens, the error message appears on the player’s home screen. Issue may be an interim affect of the Story mode changes in 0.39.

Steps to make it happen again
Please detail the steps taken to trigger this bug. The more detailed the breakdown, the easier it is for us to test in-house.

• Play through multiple story segments (for me, I tested Chapters 3 and 4. Had one error occurrence for each Chapter.)

• Possible error more likely to occur either after many Story segments are played consecutively or after very long individual story segments (such as in Chapter 3).

That’s when you just play Skirmishes for a while; god knows you’ll need to up your gearscore anyways. It’ll be fixed soon since it directly impacts player progression.

I hope.

Hey hey!

I’ve looked into this and see that we didn’t have any server issue on the day you posted this. I do know we had some problems with the server a few days before and that there has also been issue Amazon Web Services this month, which might be linked.

Is this the first time this has happened to you? If so when did it start?

If this continues please let us know, hopefully this will resolve itself like most connection issues do.

OminousGMan - Support Human :male_detective:

Heya, Gman.

Yes. As a result, I mentally attached the issue to the 0.39 story mode changes.

I’ll run another character across the same section of story and see if that issue occurs again. It could very well have been tied to the AWS issues from earlier this month.