Changes to Dungeon Marks

While we have no specifics on how much storage will increase, it would be helpful if the change to marks/chests could take place AFTER we get more storage. Atleast that way if you are pushing me to burn through thousands of marks in a short period of time I stand a chance of being able to keep the potentially useful items that come out of it.

As it stands any gold, food or ore coming out of chests is reduced to 0 because it hits caps. Storage of equipment is constantly on max so every new item needs scrapping or sacrifice an existing item.

I think this is a good read. In the overall game design, developers are looking for balance. Now that the “difficulty curve” has seemingly settled, now the rate of acquiring resources is likely being balanced around it. Currently, Dungeon Marks are easily farmable, therefore you can run Diamonds 24/7. You can’t improve the quality of Diamond Chests and make them more valuable if they are also the only thing that players are opening.

This is something I began to wonder as well, which is why I have ultimately held off on upgrading Marks until I see the patch notes. There was no mention that Marks would not still have different rarities (and clearly the devs love their tiered currencies), so it’s possible that you would want to have all levels of Marks to expend on a gated set of offerings. For those of us with a large number of Marks, converting them all to Diamond Marks could potentially limit ones ability to acquire offerings denominated in other Marks early on. But this is all speculation since they have been opaque so far about the overall impact of this change.

My hope is that they will update the Dungeon Chests again with a higher rate of “jackpot” finds, such as Relics, or even Glyphs, to make up for the removal of Marks and incentivize Dungeon running.

So the information in the patch notes is the following:

This doesn’t really help to clarify the issue before updating, just sayin’.

Also, @Kafka, I thought Chests couldn’t be purchased anymore ?

1 Like

Can we get some screenshots of the kinds of things available for purchase in .38 with the new Marks setup?

Also, like Sibelios pointed out, there seems to be some confusion around whether chests can be purchased in .38 or not. Can anyone clarify?

check community discord