[FIXED IN .37] Savior's Helm and Firewalker's Ring interaction

Platform, device and operation system
Android

What were you expecting to happen, and what actually happened
I was finding strange to get only one Big V Gem on some starting boards with a rare Savior’s Helm equipped.
Then I realized it was only with my Berzerker, who also have a rare Firewalker’s Ring equipped.
I guess the Firewalker’s Ring special ability (Create 1 red gem every turn) is applied after Savior’s Helm’s one (Create 2 Big V Gems at the start of the battle).
And thus, I guess when that red gem created hits one of the two Big V Gems created, the game replaces it by a normal red gem.
It’s only guessing because both gems creations happen before the starting board drops from the sky when you launch a battle, you can’t see it effectively.
What I was expecting to happen when those two effects collide is that the red gem created would be a Big V red Gem instead of a simple red gem. It’s disappointing to lose one Big V Gem on the starting board.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Every time Firewalker’s Ring gem creation hit one of the Big V gems that Savior’s Helm has created.

Steps to make it happen again
Equip a Rare+ Savior’s Helm and a Rare+ Firewalker’s Ring.
I guess it may take a few tries to see it happen.
It may be easier to spot with 2 Mythic items, since they will create more gems.

3 Likes

I agree that my view is this is happening. I have both items at Epic, and every once in a while I get only two Big V gem creates (should be 3). This has bugged me for a while but I couldnt put my finger on what was happening.

2 Likes

I can confirm this is happening as well. I was running some skirmishes to attempt interactions and 100% this is happening between firewalkers ring and saviors helm

1 Like

Hey!

I saw this instantly and replicated it in my own game.

Just awaiting to hear back from the team!

2 Likes

Hey again!

Just letting you know, I added this to my report.
Big Gems should be targeted for conversion if there is no suitable small gems left on the board.

So the team investigating this mechanic further!

Jeto - Support Human :woman_mage:t2:

1 Like