How to play the Shaman?

How does the shaman ultimate work? By the game, it seems like you need to put juju on them first, then pop the juju gems which is supposed to make them more powerful? but the bad juju description still says 25% more damage. So what’s the proper way to use them? And even then, you want to pop a spell, then ultimate, and then hope you have another spell to take advantage of the damage?

Where are the shaman guides at?

So there are a few Juju spells that shamans get. This is a debuff on your opponent that increases damage taken. You can further augment this damage with the ultimate from the shaman. Matching those vials gives a buff that increases the damage they take. You can stack other debuffs to further increase damage output with things like poison.

At lvl 50, I apply poison, then hit with a spell that generates green gems, then hit with juju/cast ultimate. and keep repeating. I do have the green shaman stun spell up incase things get rough, too.

So why doesnt the game update the debuff? It still says 25% even when i have 160% more juju damage for example.

the ultimate is a buff for your character and juju is a debuff for the opponent. the buff will go for the duration of the fight, but juju needs to be reapplied. I’m not sure why it doesn’t show the real number in the debuff, but it definitely happens.

I get what you are saying but technically the JuJu debuff is static, its always 25% more damage. Your Ultimate buff is updated though with each application. The lack of a multiplicative output (Your current potion buff x the static 25% JuJu debuff) is missing but everything is working correctly. In your example your damage would be increased by a grand total of 65%.

Are there any guides? Builds? Im trying to figure out what gear to keep an eye out for, and maybe spell builds. So what dungeons and things to farm

I run a royal 2, guard 1, and serpentine 1 build. guard shield, gloves. serpentine belt and gloves. dwarven neck, savior’s helm, luck ring + runic ring, and the rest is royal.

I you have not already I would join the unofficial PQ3 Community Discord. Lots of great conversations there and channels specific to these types of questions as well.

2 Likes

What green stun spell?

@Ed: Poison Spirit.

Governor, it’s one of my favorites!

Ah, the joys and wonders of the Shaman.

It’s the only character I care about. The only one I ever really play.

Sure, I got a couple of other 50’s laying around. Assassin. Paladin.

They pale in comparison to the glory and awesome lethality of those washboard abs and nose bone.

My Shaman is rocking old, outdated gear, hastily pieced together 3 years ago when I was n00b that didn’t know a single thing about gear perks. Even so, he’s still kind of a badass.

Agreed, it’s my main dungeon build and all of the PvP colours. If KD dragons took debuffs I’d use it for that too (instead of Merc).

What’s your Shaman loadout?

1 Like

Savior helm, Warlord mantle, Runic wristbands, Royal chest piece, Royal pants, Royal boots, Royal ring, Runic ring, Esgaard belt, Warlord shield, Dwarven necklace. Weapon of choice: Bloodfang twinblade.

Three key perks: Royal 4 piece, Warlord 2 piece, Runic 2 piece.

Spells by slot: Poison Charm, Savage Juju, Poison Spirit, Spirit Mask

This build leans heavily into critical hits, skulls and green gems for stuns, and for high dragon damage. (I’ve maxed on the latter at 28 million on a Tier XX. Not crazy, but nothing to sneeze at either.) The gear attributes were recrafted over and over for high crit and high defense.

I also have a PvP build that is designed for stuns, low weapon damage, and built to string out the match for high points.

I’m sure I could tinker with all these things and bring in new pieces to optimize the whole thing. I don’t commit that much to the game, however. I don’t need to try to make my Shaman the best there ever was. He’s plenty OP right now and I’m happy where he is after 3 years of playing.

Cheers.

Mine is:

Guard sword, shoulders, body and gloves
Saviour helm and locket
Dreamhold shield and ring
Bone ring
Serpentine legs
Firewalker boots
Esgaard bandolier

Spells by slot: Poison Charm|Savage Juju|Channel Poison|Spirit Mask: very similar to yours, but I’d argue that the last two spells in used combination create a higher chance of a stun that Poison Spirit.

The wither from the Dreamhold 2PSB along with the poison from Channel Poison and the Bad Juju from Savage Juju means I’m delaing double damage pretty much all the time. I poison them first, then juju, then poison charm, as it’s the most damaging order.

Plus, the fact that there’s always a debuff on the enemy means that the Dreamhold shield always has a chance to give me reflect, so a lot of the time the enemy kills themselves by attacking me.