I have an uncommon scroll problem

So I read the post about doing low level skirmishes to get lower level chests, and you can salvage common minions, or use the Hunter (which I don’t have) and I’ve spent the last week plus doing those and no uncommon scrolls. I’m level 31 and I get tons of higher level materials. There must be something else. I have two primary spells that I’ve had since level 5 that are stuck, one has 53 pages and the other 71, and I can’t use them until I get this lower level scroll. I needed just one for a week, now I need 3.

Either use Darkhunter, play in Events (events have low level chests so tend to give low level prizes), or make a new character and play story mode for uncommon scrolls. You should get them fairly quickly.

1 Like

New characters have a shared inventory?

Yes, characters share the same inventory.

I want to use this post to raise again the scroll issue created by the Spell Rework. One of the main goals of the Spell Rework was to help us being able to experiment with different spells. However, the reality is that due to the extra scroll costs added with rarity + newer players can only evolve a few spells even if they have tons of spell pages.

I have recently started a second account, and currently I have 31 spells. From them, 22 have enough pages to be upgraded. However, I have only enough uncommon scrolls to upgrade 9 of them to uncommon + and rare scrolls to upgrade 8 of them to rare +. And let’s not talk about epic scrolls, a player wanting to use 4 spells of same color already had it difficult to get 3x4 epic scrolls, so now that we need twice that number… I have enough legendary scrolls and spell pages to get some spells to legendary if it wasn’t for the 3x2 epic scroll cost. Of course, all this means that I can forget about evolving minions since they also require scrolls.

The addition of rarity + for extra mastery was a nice one, but doubling the amount of scrolls needed (or in the case of uncommon scrolls tripling it) was a really bad one. Right now we are getting plenty of spell pages but we hardly have scrolls to be able to evolve them. We have already complained about this and I believe there was some feedback from Jeto saying the team was already looking at it. But I wanted to bring this back because after experiencing firs hand it I can really say it makes progressing spells a nightmare for newer players.

Thank you for your time and work.

PD: just to give a bit more of comparison. With the amount of uncommon scrolls I estimate to have gotten through the year and 4 months I have been playing with my main account, I would only be able to evolve 100 spells… I find it unreasonable that after 1 year of playing a new player wouldn’t be able to have all spells at least past uncommon…

2 Likes

Even not new players.

I’ve got a backlock of spell pages going completely unused because of lack of epic scrolls.

I believe I’ve been able to upgrade one – maybe two – spells since 3.0 dropped. No more. Because I’ve not gotten any scrolls to do so with.

This is, I should say, just on my main hero.

Because – another effect of 3.0 – I’ve simply stopped playing any of my other heroes. The battle scrolls mean I’ve given up on all of them.

Which means – far from encouraging me to experiment with more spells – I now experiment with fewer.

I’m stuck with whatever spells I had on my one hero, and I’ve ceased to explore any other heroes or spell sets.

I did MORE experimenting with gear and spells before the new spell and gear changes.

Now I’m completely static, because I can no longer upgrade the items I’m interested in trying out and because the random drops - in the very rare case they give me anything good - are, far more often than not, useless to my one hero and its builds.

Far from encouraging me to explore more spells or gear, 3.0 has completely shut down the exploring I was doing… making the game far more boring and unrewarding as a result.

I have always been completely opposed to having independent battle scrolls for each character. With spell books it has more sense, but the battle scroll case is just a way to make things more difficult for players. The game was designed for players to try all classes, preventing it by making each class upgrade independently was a huge design flaw in my opinion. I have argued strongly against it once and again, but I am afraid there are no news about it being considered by the team (I hope to be wrong).

The spell scroll issue was at least reported to be in the team radar, so I hope it is still being considered and worked on.

3 Likes